Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 23, 2013, 2:43 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: boxo
As indicated in the thread title, this deal is now dead.

How do I manage my itinerary/check my booking/select seats?

Note that the displayed receipt will be incorrect ($5 higher than actual) owing to a programming error. The taxes/fees shown includes the original $5 WF booking fee. Do not worry about this; it does not change the amount you are actually billed.
How many miles will I earn on United from my flight?
Here's the UA master page listing airline partners. If you click on a partner logo, you'll see a page containing a chart showing the yield for flights taken on partner metal. (It even says explicitly that it's the metal that counts: "The award miles accrued on codeshare flights are based on the operating carrier and their equivalent fare class.")

MileagePlus (UA) earning charts for
Will I do better if I credit to another *A carrier instead?
Maybe.

Miles&More (LH, LX,...) earning charts for
  • United Airlines (UA) (K, L, T fares earn 50%, 25% for flights in 2014)
  • Lufthansa (LH) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Swiss (LX) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)
  • Air Canada (AC) (K, L, T fares earn 50% for TATL flights in 2013, 25% for TATL flights in 2014)

Here's the master list of partner earning charts for Aegean (A3) and here's the list for Turkish Airlines (TK).
Are there other FlyerTalk members flying when I am?
Quite possibly! There is a meetup thread on the CommunityBuzz forum. Post if you would like to participate.
Travel reports
Booking/ticketing reports, now largely academic, may be viewed in the wiki history.

Please report below any completed flights and/or difficulties encountered (checking in, boarding, etc.) that appear related to the booking circumstances.
  • Post #2428 reported arriving in STR on 11/28/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2670 reported arriving in MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
  • Post #2680 reported traveling EWR-MXP on 12/1/13 with no problems.
Print Wikipost

[FARE GONE] UA: EWR-Europe from $370 return

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:08 am

For those flying out of the east coast later this week on UA, note ongoing discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...perations.html

At the moment, weather waiver is limited to airports south & west of DC. Keep checking, as that seems likely to change.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 10:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by beltway
For those flying out of the east coast later this week on UA, note ongoing discussion in http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/unite...perations.html

At the moment, weather waiver is limited to airports south & west of DC. Keep checking, as that seems likely to change.
Hopefully wont be too long AA has added some cities further north and JetBlue added all the way up to New England
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Originally Posted by CDKing
Hopefully wont be too long AA has added some cities further north and JetBlue added all the way up to New England
AA's waiver isn't very good as it contains this
Original inventory required? Yes
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
OOOOps. I'm having problems checking in for my DXB flight.

There are 3 of us in the reservation - me, Mr.Brit and LittleMissBrit. When I tr to do online checkin it only pulls up Mr.Brit and LittleMissBrit, even though I am clearly there in the reservation

Online with web support at UA trying to get myself checked in .......

ETA: I have three E-Ticket numbers - 701, Wideroe. Mine ends in ...666.... an omen, perhaps??
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:32 pm

Programs: UA 1k MM;*A Lifetime Gold; Marriott Lifetime Platinum; HiltonHonors Gold. Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
OOOOps. I'm having problems checking in for my DXB flight.

There are 3 of us in the reservation - me, Mr.Brit and LittleMissBrit. When I tr to do online checkin it only pulls up Mr.Brit and LittleMissBrit, even though I am clearly there in the reservation

Online with web support at UA trying to get myself checked in .......

ETA: I have three E-Ticket numbers - 701, Wideroe. Mine ends in ...666.... an omen, perhaps??

Appears that Wideroe did not send over my ticket number originally. Web support seemed to have sorted out the problem and I'm now checked in.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Bronze
Originally Posted by beltway

My flight leaves EWR at 17:15 on Thursday, so I'm hoping to escape by nature of being after the storm, or at least find out prior to trekking to the airport that I'm cancelled. Helpful to not be connecting, that's for sure.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by FlyIgglesFly
My flight leaves EWR at 17:15 on Thursday, so I'm hoping to escape by nature of being after the storm, or at least find out prior to trekking to the airport that I'm cancelled. Helpful to not be connecting, that's for sure.

I'm heading down to IAD from EWR tomorrow on the 1:08pm flight, so hope that I miss the weather. My only concern is the flight out of IAD at 6:35pm....will the storm impact IAD?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 12:54 pm

I think the storm is still expected to be going full tilt at that hour at EWR.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 1:56 pm

Just called united and got a credit to use later for my Thurs EWR-MXP flight. I would suggest anyone in the NE corridor leave tomorrow if you can. My schedule and my lights being out the last storm means I am staying put
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:34 pm

Dr. Buffy - how were you able to arrange that? Was there something you specifically requested?
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Landry's President's Club, Marriott Silver, Awesomeness EXPLT
Just got moved from Thursday afternoon to Wednesday night now via FRA.
Cheers
Howie
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:50 pm

Originally Posted by rmannion
Dr. Buffy - how were you able to arrange that? Was there something you specifically requested?
I just told her I couldn't go early, and couldn't commit to going. She offered to cancel it, and I can use the funds on a future united flight. That only happened when I called and go another agent.. first one only wanted to rebook me. I just said ok and hung up
Old Feb 11, 2014, 2:58 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
I'm leaving EWR at 5:10 (MUC-MXP). Couldn't get the NS. Same hopes here. But it isn't looking good...
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:01 pm

Programs: UA 2 MM, UA 1K
Originally Posted by Dr.Buffy
I just told her I couldn't go early, and couldn't commit to going. She offered to cancel it, and I can use the funds on a future united flight. That only happened when I called and go another agent.. first one only wanted to rebook me. I just said ok and hung up
But the funds won't be worth too much with the great fare we got. I wouldn't mind rescheduling the whole trip but not for any additional funds.
Old Feb 11, 2014, 3:05 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott
Originally Posted by Brituchenite
I'm heading down to IAD from EWR tomorrow on the 1:08pm flight, so hope that I miss the weather. My only concern is the flight out of IAD at 6:35pm....will the storm impact IAD?
You should be fine tomorrow (fingers crossed). It's the Thursday flights in the mid-Atlantic that will likely be cancelled. They're forecasting 6-12" in Philly

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.