Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2012, 11:11 pm

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
Originally Posted by IIMAflyer
SQ operated by MI
Same. I'll be interested in hearing how it goes.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:18 am

Originally Posted by bangkokiscool
GOOD! I hope this happens. Here's why:

1) This trip isn't an MR for me, it's the end of a two week business trip that starts next week.

2) Based on a very credible report that Vayama doesn't know what they're doing, I called the airline to ask if the reservation is ticketed. It's a standard query, and one that the check-in agent is going to do anyway.

3) If someone wants to question the fare, now is the time to do it, not while I'm standing in Yangon at the check in counter after having spent hundreds of dollars in positioning in Asia and the U.S.

4) If TG wants to cancel their coupon, fine, I'd rather they do it now.

5) There are credible reports upthread from a TA in direct contact with KE that all these tickets have notations and remarks about the error fare, and I'm sure all handling airlines can see it. Calling an airline to ask if a reservation is ticketed hardly seems to be the pin that pulls a grenade that you make it out to be.

FT TOS forbid me from responding to an insult with another insult. And yes, just because it's in a foreign language doesn't make it less of an insult. Certainly reminds me of Spiro Agnew's phrasing that involves three N's.
Very credible, genuine and 'From the Heart' response.

From an age mid 60's new member here who has been flying with most of the world's airlines for around 45 years, as an executive and for pleasure, the flavor of discussion from so-called experts on how to hang onto (or how to spoil) a questionable deal is sickening.

Then we have the other flavor in the cookie jar; Those who are dismayed that 'deals' such as this are spoiled because ordinary and 'not-in-the-know' persons get to find out about same.

Shame on you!

Yes, I know I didn't need to, but have read every post and am amazed at where human relations can lead in some cases. I know there are another few Australians in here, I hope you are as disgusted as I am.
Old May 18, 2012, 12:45 am

Programs: UA MM/1P, EK Au, QR, TK, Marriott Life Ti, Hilton Dia, IC Dia, Hyatt Glob, Accor Pt, Shangri-La
Originally Posted by Paella747
So we paid for our tickets, got 'em cancelled, and now the email comes saying they'll reinstate.... ^ Here's my situation that maybe somebody can help me with:

I booked two tickets.
Vayama/KE cancelled them & refunded.
I went back & forth with Vayama pretending to be a bad@ss.
They sent the two emails about reinstating the tickets.

But here's the thing.... In the emails just going back & forth (before we knew they were reinstating) , it said the ticket ID was a number like "LOE-155-2323". The two tickets each had a different "ticket ID" during the back & forth correspondence with David.

On the "reinstatement letters", they only list a ticket ID (no PNR). But the ticket ID's are TOTALLY different than the ticket ID's assigned when I was corresponding back & forth with David.

Since there is no other identifying information on the reinstatement letters, I don't know which ticket is for which date/which credit card I used/etc.

Called Vayama, waited on hold for about 30min. only to be told that the system is down and she can't give me any information. That makes sense, as I can't see my reservations on Vayama.com at the moment.

Since there have been so many people that initially got form letters with wrong names and such, I just wanted to see if anybody else noticed a different "ticket ID" number between their initial correspondence, and the letter telling them to write back if you want your ticket reinstated.......

I don't want to reply back and say yes, only to have them reinstate somebody else's ticket..... Anybody else see a different ticket ID?
A "ticket ID" like "LOE-155-2323" just refers to their case number -- to track your inquiry to Vayama (i.e., like a "trouble ticket" reference in contact center lingo).

The e-mails from Vayama apparently didn't refer to the PNR or otherwise reference the original trip number in any way, so if you booked more than one, you can't tell which is which. The trouble ticket number on the e-mail asking if one wants to reinstate the ticket is also not the same as the trouble ticket number on the original e-mail informing one that that ticket was canceled. I simply responded to Vayama asking for the trip ID that this e-mail referred to, and they sent back the details, then I replied with authorization to re-issue. This was about 24 hours ago, but nothing has happened since then, which seems similar to others' experiences.

Last edited by mecabq; May 18, 2012 at 12:50 am
Old May 18, 2012, 12:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by MrHalliday
Yes, it was a real PITA the other tourists telling me
not to call it Myanmar when I was there.
As if that makes any difference....
typical slacktivism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_Burma
it DOES make a difference whether you call it Myanmar or Burma. If you support those for democracy, then you call it Burma if I understand correctly. To call it Myanmar suggests you support the regime in place. I could understand how that would make a huge difference to the people of the country you are visiting (although it would be most prudent to call it Myanmar in front of the military )
Old May 18, 2012, 12:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by SQueeze
Is this a usual practice or is this a special mark because they want to track if tickets are used to the final segment?
Its only because these tickets have to be approved by KE for special ticketing purposes. Normal tickets do not have retention remarks - especially by airlines. TAs do that but I've never seen airlines do it.

So its probably due to these error priced tickets. They just need to tally how many people flew on them.
Old May 18, 2012, 1:38 am

Programs: UA Mileage Plus, NWA WorldPerks deserter, Alaska Airlines Something-er-Other...
Smile

Originally Posted by mecabq
A "ticket ID" like "LOE-155-2323" just refers to their case number -- to track your inquiry to Vayama (i.e., like a "trouble ticket" reference in contact center lingo).

The e-mails from Vayama apparently didn't refer to the PNR or otherwise reference the original trip number in any way, so if you booked more than one, you can't tell which is which. The trouble ticket number on the e-mail asking if one wants to reinstate the ticket is also not the same as the trouble ticket number on the original e-mail informing one that that ticket was canceled. I simply responded to Vayama asking for the trip ID that this e-mail referred to, and they sent back the details, then I replied with authorization to re-issue. This was about 24 hours ago, but nothing has happened since then, which seems similar to others' experiences.
Thanks soooo much for that info! For a second, I thought my question would get lost in the "it's BURMA!-No it's Myanmar!" posts....

Wasn't there a "Seinfeld" episode about that? ".........It's called 'Myanmar' now!"
Old May 18, 2012, 2:10 am

Programs: AA EXP, former DL Gold
Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
BA can't do anything unless its ticketed on BA document. And even so, the fare isn't BA's unless its flying across the transatlantic.

What is your routing?

There is, of course BA refusing to honor the ticket , but that's another issue in itself.
I'm flying QF from SIN on a BA codeshare. RGN-BKK-SIN-LHR-JFK, BA plated. Hoping everything goes smoothly, as by the time I get to SIN, it'll be too late to start travel on my NH backup ticket... assuming TG gets me to SIN that is.

As I'm checking in with TG, QF, DL on this BA ticket, I'm assuming my chances of running into direct problems with BA are slim... Sounds like I'll be able to travel?
Old May 18, 2012, 3:56 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Did anybody hear anything from bt-store.com yet? The PNRs don't bring up any information
Old May 18, 2012, 5:01 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, HH Gold, CC Gold, AMB
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Did anybody hear anything from bt-store.com yet?
NO!!
Old May 18, 2012, 5:55 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I've learnt 2 new TA names in this "event"; BT Store and Vayama.

From their conduct and reports of their CS, I can definitely say I will never visit the BT Store website again. Vayama, after they way they seem to be pulling their socks up, may well see some of my business in future.
Old May 18, 2012, 6:54 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by forumpersona999
I am currently in the OneWorld contract "lounge" at YUL, waiting to fly YUL-AMM-BKK on RJ.
Once again, I am practically holding my breath to see if your trip is successful!
Old May 18, 2012, 6:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by stratofortress
Once again, I am practically holding my breath to see if your trip is successful!
And to hear what happens with the first report of someone dumping the BKK-RGN leg, apparently.
Old May 18, 2012, 6:59 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Originally Posted by abitlost
Has anyone else with a JAL ticket had human interaction with a TA on the matter?
Advance thanks to anyone with advice
Yes. I booked my JL tickets with a human TA in the first place, and I've spoken to all airlines involved for seat assignments and meal requests. One AAgent remarked on the fare and even called her tariff department to make sure my ticket was properly issued, but all they said was "wow - you sure got lucky!".
Old May 18, 2012, 7:02 am

Originally Posted by josephstern
And to hear what happens with the first report of someone dumping the BKK-RGN leg, apparently.
No, I'm pretty sure forumpersona999 is going all the way through. I'm anxious to hear how that trip is because, he's going back just 4-5 days after his last trip, which means he has hopefully found a way to get the short-turnaround, multiple-entry visa situation sorted.
Old May 18, 2012, 7:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by josephstern
I have done that 2 weeks ago. Nothing happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.