Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) RGN - SFO in F $450 one way AI; other N. America cities included

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2012, 7:24 am

And miraculously JED is still alive!

Also, what is the airport like in RGN? A better question would be- how much English is there? How much difficulty would one experience if one does not speak the native language?

Thanks.
Old May 18, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: M&M FTL, A3 Gold, IHG Plat, Accor Plat
Does somebody know if there´s a transit without visa possible at RGN?

I´m way to lastminute to get a official visa at the embassy in Berlin and getting in BKK seems difficult too, so I´m a litte bit scared that I might end up without visa. However my transit time should be only 3 hours, but will they let me board the plan in BKK? Can I get the boarding passes for my second leg already in Bangkok?
Flight is BKK-RGN on TG and RGN-TPE on China Airlines.

Thanks a lot.
Old May 18, 2012, 7:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Originally Posted by Valley_MUC
Does somebody know if there´s a transit without visa possible at RGN?
From all experiences until now on here - not a chance in hell.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: former Olympic Airways Gold (yeah - still proud of that!)
Originally Posted by belfordrocks

Also, what is the airport like in RGN? A better question would be- how much English is there? How much difficulty would one experience if one does not speak the native language?

Thanks.
you'll be fine!! All airports are fairly intuitive - just follow the yellow signs with planes and arrows on them for arrivals/departures/transfers... and the yellow signs with people on them holding a passport for immigration
Old May 18, 2012, 8:12 am

how much English is there? How much difficulty would one experience if one does not speak the native language?
I'm not sure of exact history, but Burma used to be very closely tied to English culture and government. So level of English amongst government/business personnel is very high, and even common folks have a good working knowledge of English. You would encounter no problems dealing in English.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:15 am
2mg

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
Aaaaaaaggggghhhhhhhh !!!

Its like beating a dead horse answering the same questions over and over.

Just don't call airlines concerned. Period.

Call the OTA. Online Ticketing Agency to make sure the ticket has been issued and that all corresponding reservations are there. You can't have one without the other.
And if someone booked with the airline's website directly what are we to do?
Guy, the cat is out of the bag. It has been for weeks. I concur with some people NOT WANTING to be stuck in RGN without a way home.

I'm very fortunate, because I have free time and loads of miles to turn a failed attempt into a safe journey back to the US.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:25 am

Programs: AA Plat, DL PM, *A G, IHGClub PlatAmb, SPG G, Marriott G
I saw that on ITA, but could not get any OTA to book it. Did you find this fare on any OTA? Just curious.
Old May 18, 2012, 8:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LHR/MEL/Europe FF
you'll be fine!! All airports are fairly intuitive - just follow the yellow signs with planes and arrows on them for arrivals/departures/transfers...
Doesn't that imply TWOV? If you have a visa, you can just go to arrival and check in.

Last edited by TerryK; May 18, 2012 at 9:04 am
Old May 18, 2012, 9:10 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Titanium, CX DM, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by stratofortress
Once again, I am practically holding my breath to see if your trip is successful!
No issues whatsoever (other than RJ being a crap airline).

I just landed in AMM. Layover is 10 hours so they gave me a free transit visa and shuttled me to a 4 star airport hotel.

Boarding pass to BKK at hand and I just got confirmation that my second visa for Myanmar was processed remotely and I will be allowed to enter Myanmar once again for my return leg (no, I'm not ditching last sector).

Last time I hung out @ the Traders Hotel, this time I will spend one night @ Chatrium by the Lake and then fly home Sunday morning on my "positioning flight"'s return.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by forumpersona999

I just landed in AMM. Layover is 10 hours so they gave me a free transit visa and shuttled me to a 4 star airport hotel.

Boarding pass to BKK at hand and I just got confirmation that my second visa for Myanmar was processed remotely and I will be allowed to enter Myanmar once again for my return leg (no, I'm not ditching last sector).

Last time I hung out @ the Traders Hotel, this time I will spend one night @ Chatrium by the Lake and then fly home Sunday morning on my "positioning flight"'s return.
Hotel & detailed RJ Report would be great!
Old May 18, 2012, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

...I just got confirmation that my second visa for Myanmar was processed remotely and I will be allowed to enter Myanmar once again for my return leg (no, I'm not ditching last sector).....
Great news! :-: How did you get your second visa remotely? Is it through the web? What do you need to show as proof that you have second visa as the first one in your passport has been stamped?
Old May 18, 2012, 9:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA

OMG! Remote visa process works!!! Please tell - your process could save me from having to pay for a second passport and a visa expediter in bangkok.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:17 am

Programs: UA
Originally Posted by PNH_Flyer
I saw that on ITA, but could not get any OTA to book it. Did you find this fare on any OTA? Just curious.
I can get it on opodo.co.uk, in business class (75 GBP for a roundtrip). I'm not going for it given the pain of the Saudi Visa and the likelihood that this would just end up cancelled anyway since DOT has no jurisdiction here. Seriously can't believe this is still around.
Old May 18, 2012, 9:38 am

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
no trip report?

Originally Posted by skywalkerLAX
I have done that 2 weeks ago. Nothing happens.
hotel and trip report would be great
Old May 18, 2012, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP LT GLD 1MM, BA GLD, NH/UA*G, Hyatt Dia, Marr Tit LT PLT, IHG Spire,HH Dia, MGM NOIR,Hertz PC
Originally Posted by thaidai
hotel and trip report would be great
There were no hotels involved.

I wrote some pointers here in the thread, it was really very easy and nothing out of the ordinary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.