Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(FARE GONE) TK: HKG-IST-LAX $802 ai rt 2.4 cpm (Premium Econ)

Search this Thread

Old Jun 25, 2011, 5:34 pm

Programs: NZ*GE / EK*GOLD
http://www.miles-and-more.com/online...en&cid=1000261

150%?
Old Jun 25, 2011, 6:15 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M
Originally Posted by Rebound
But no status miles.
Old Jun 26, 2011, 2:55 am

Originally Posted by FrankTalk
But no status miles.
On NZ flights credit to M&M? Why not?
Old Jun 26, 2011, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 1K, BA Gold, TK Elite, GE
Misinformation by FrankTalk.

Premium Economy of Air NZ books in U, E or O and all of these earn 150% bonus miles and status miles.

And now back to topic
Old Jun 28, 2011, 12:30 am

Programs: DL silver and UA silver
Thumbs up My TK Comfort Class HKG-IST flight report...

Thanks for the OP so I could have this special trip. Also thank for David's RCC lounge meet.

The photo trip report link is as below and hope you will enjoy it.
http://www.jadeair.com.tw/discuz/vie...extra=page%3D1
(No worry for the language, photos would tell you the details!)

PS.
CO already gave me 6248/7497/1.5 for this flight by A booking class.
Old Jun 28, 2011, 10:07 am
Used to be 'g_leyser'

Location: Brandon Johnson International Airport (expect delays)
Programs: AA PlatPro, HH Gold, Bonvoy Gold, IHG Plat, Reno Air MEGA Platinum
Originally Posted by bearteacher
Thanks for the OP so I could have this special trip. Also thank for David's RCC lounge meet.

The photo trip report link is as below and hope you will enjoy it.
http://www.jadeair.com.tw/discuz/vie...extra=page%3D1
(No worry for the language, photos would tell you the details!)

PS.
CO already gave me 6248/7497/1.5 for this flight by A booking class.
Very nice report - looks quite comfortable!
Old Jun 28, 2011, 11:22 am

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Bonvoy Gold, Regal Diamond
I leave on this trip in about a week and a half.

If I leave the FF number empty on the ticket, could I hold on to the ticket, and apply for mileage credit if/when CO/UA updates their earning charts? Or will I earn them at the rates when I flew the segments, rendering this strategy useless?
Old Jun 30, 2011, 2:44 pm

Programs: DL Gold
I have a one-way HKG-IST-LAX on Jan 6, 2012. This can be cancelled at any time up until departure? There's no cutoff for cancelling, correct?
Old Jul 1, 2011, 6:22 am

Programs: UA1k, BAbronze
LAX-IST gets flights on Wed.

For all those who are booked after August 2011 - TK has added an additional flight on Wednesdays. Starts September 1st.

Source: Airlineroutes.net

http://airlineroute.net/2011/07/01/tk-laxiad-s11/
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:58 pm

Programs: UA 1K*MM, AA PP
Originally Posted by ianmanka
We might see you there - or we'll be a few days ahead of you.

Flying out of HKG on this itin a week from Saturday.
Flying to HKG on UA award ticket in F tomorrow

Got five days in HKG if anyone wants to recommend something... good to eat
Old Jul 2, 2011, 12:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
Originally Posted by ianmanka

If I leave the FF number empty on the ticket, could I hold on to the ticket, and apply for mileage credit if/when CO/UA updates their earning charts? Or will I earn them at the rates when I flew the segments, rendering this strategy useless?
You earn miles as they were when you flew. Not when UA/CO updates their charts.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 5:10 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Seems OLCI doesn't yield a printable boarding pass ex-HKG so one must check in at the airport or at the Airport Express station in Central or Kowloon. Did this at Kowloon this evening at a shared desk (with Jet and AC) so you can dump your checked bag at any time through the day if you still want to do some sightseeing.

Even though my original call in for a seat yielded a 1-2-1 configuration and a solo seat on the side, at OLCI last night it turned out to be a 2-3-2 configuration after all (and as expected being the Saturday flight) even though it was impossible to book Comfort Class on this flight. Boarding pass also says Y and no reference to CC, and boarding it in the 3rd group. Load looked like a light load on the HKG-IST segment from the seating chart, about half the cabin filled. (It appears that TK assigns everyone a seat even if they've not requested one as mine was changed.) Will have to see if there are any buy-ups. (Since I checked in at Kowloon, the agent couldn't tell me what it would cost to upgrade from CC to C/J. Will check this out at the gate.) IST-LAX was as originally booked and cabin was about 2/3rds full. Any how, 3 more hours before boarding. Passing the time in the SK lounge but will head down to the UA or TG lounge shortly once the gate number is posted.

BTW I was asked to show the cc I used to purchase the ticket with, first time this has ever happened.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 9:41 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Seems OLCI doesn't yield a printable boarding pass ex-HKG so one must check in at the airport or at the Airport Express station in Central or Kowloon. Did this at Kowloon this evening at a shared desk (with Jet and AC) so you can dump your checked bag at any time through the day if you still want to do some sightseeing.

Even though my original call in for a seat yielded a 1-2-1 configuration and a solo seat on the side, at OLCI last night it turned out to be a 2-3-2 configuration after all (and as expected being the Saturday flight) even though it was impossible to book Comfort Class on this flight. Boarding pass also says Y and no reference to CC, and boarding it in the 3rd group. Load looked like a light load on the HKG-IST segment from the seating chart, about half the cabin filled. (It appears that TK assigns everyone a seat even if they've not requested one as mine was changed.) Will have to see if there are any buy-ups. (Since I checked in at Kowloon, the agent couldn't tell me what it would cost to upgrade from CC to C/J. Will check this out at the gate.) IST-LAX was as originally booked and cabin was about 2/3rds full. Any how, 3 more hours before boarding. Passing the time in the SK lounge but will head down to the UA or TG lounge shortly once the gate number is posted.

BTW I was asked to show the cc I used to purchase the ticket with, first time this has ever happened.
Same thing in BKK last month. First time ever.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 4:48 pm

Programs: CO Plat
Originally Posted by joorinainen
Same thing in BKK last month. First time ever.
Get this every single time with CX.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 8:06 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, Aegean Air, Cal Alumni (go Bears!)
HKG-İST

Originally Posted by Shareholder

Even though my original call in for a seat yielded a 1-2-1 configuration and a solo seat on the side, at OLCI last night it turned out to be a 2-3-2 configuration after all (and as expected being the Saturday flight) even though it was impossible to book Comfort Class on this flight. Boarding pass also says Y and no reference to CC, and boarding it in the 3rd group. Load looked like a light load on the HKG-IST segment from the seating chart, about half the cabin filled. ...... IST-LAX was as originally booked and cabin was about 2/3rds full. Any how, 3 more hours before boarding. Passing the time in the SK lounge but will head down to the UA or TG lounge shortly once the gate number is posted.

You should have arrived in İstanbul by now. I'm dying to know how the flight went. I'm doing that trip starting 24Aug.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.