Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:23 am

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
Originally Posted by joker545
I'm still fighting this one out..

Seems laughable after this incident. While I had been holding out, I finally filed a claim with DOT. Anyone have other suggestions about what to do? Has filing the DOT claim helped anyone yet?
NO! Very quickly acknowledged by DOT representative, follow up e-mail indicated no new information to offer.

To their credit, HA has amongst the most polite, patient and apologetic telephone staff in the industry. Regrettably, not impressed by their business practices and utter disregard for contractual arrangements. Reluctantly and involuntarily threw in the towel and accepted one of the three options, although it seems that other options have been selectively offered. A new fight looms.....thus far, still awaiting refund on my credit card, and the e-voucher for future travel.

Last edited by ACYYZ/SD; Aug 23, 2010 at 10:29 am
Old Aug 23, 2010, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA Prem Plat
As an addendum to my last post, it was interesting that while the Assistant General Counsel kept referring to the fare as invalid without justification, the General Counsel replied that it was a "misfiled fare." I'm surprised they are spinning this so that I am responsible for purchasing a "misfiled fare," as opposed to them taking accountability for advertising the fare on their website for at least four days..
Old Aug 23, 2010, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA1k 3MM, AA Plt, peasant on everybody else, elite something or other at a bunch of hotels.
Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
To their credit, HA has amongst the most polite, patient and apologetic telephone staff in the industry.
I have found them to be the most stone-walling customer service staff I have ever encountered. Everyone I spoke with said that they were not authorized to go beyond the three options presented. So each time I got that statement, I asked to speak with someone who was authorized. But of course the next person on the line was not authorized either. And so on. I even asked to speak with HA's so called "Consumer Advocate" , who it turns out, does not have a published number. The end of the line came when I was transferred to some woman's voice mail, so I left a message.

Still waiting for a reply after a week.

What a pathetic bunch of losers.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 9:10 pm

Nicely ask to speak to the customer relations department

aloha

Last edited by soccerpapi; Aug 30, 2010 at 6:22 pm
Old Aug 23, 2010, 10:44 pm

aloha

Last edited by soccerpapi; Aug 30, 2010 at 6:11 pm
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I haven't called them, and they still haven't changed my May booking. I can't make up my mind if I should call them back. I want to fly my ICN-HNL-LAS o/w as is, so I'm not much interested in their options.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 5:23 am

Aloha
Old Aug 24, 2010, 12:21 pm

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by PaulMSN
I haven't called them, and they still haven't changed my May booking. I can't make up my mind if I should call them back. I want to fly my ICN-HNL-LAS o/w as is, so I'm not much interested in their options.
Booking or ticket? As far as I understand all people got a HDQ segment in their reservations which means they are on the list

The reason my ticket has not yet been changed is that

a) there is no HA operated flight on my departure date
b) they can always (try to) downgrade one on KE
c) we have not yet discussed anything personally.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 1:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Keter
Booking or ticket? As far as I understand all people got a HDQ segment in their reservations which means they are on the list

The reason my ticket has not yet been changed is that

a) there is no HA operated flight on my departure date
b) they can always (try to) downgrade one on KE
c) we have not yet discussed anything personally.
No segment added.

I don't think they have their own flights in place for ICN-HNL in May yet. They haven't downgraded the KE segment, either. It is unchanged from when I first booked it.

They sent me an email and called when I was in Europe. I have not responded. I'm not sure if I should.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 2:40 pm

I don't think they have their own flights in place for ICN-HNL in May yet.
I thought they are starting ICN-HNL in mid Jan.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 3:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by imm2b
But they probably don't have the flights published yet. If you try to book ICN-HNL for next May, you will find HA, but the flight will say operated by KE. They can't switch me to a seat on a flight that doesn't exist yet.
Old Aug 24, 2010, 6:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No segment added.

I don't think they have their own flights in place for ICN-HNL in May yet. They haven't downgraded the KE segment, either. It is unchanged from when I first booked it.

They sent me an email and called when I was in Europe. I have not responded. I'm not sure if I should.
Their flight are in place and bookable
Originally Posted by imm2b
But they probably don't have the flights published yet. If you try to book ICN-HNL for next May, you will find HA, but the flight will say operated by KE. They can't switch me to a seat on a flight that doesn't exist yet.
Actually HA flights are bookable I had to work around their schedule as I took option two. If you check flights operate four days a week. My flights have been rebooked for April and may next year last week
Old Aug 24, 2010, 10:08 pm

ICN-HNL Service

Originally Posted by fumitani
Their flight are in place and bookable

Actually HA flights are bookable I had to work around their schedule as I took option two. If you check flights operate four days a week. My flights have been rebooked for April and may next year last week
That's correct according to this article.

They will depart Honolulu International Airport on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays at 1:15 p.m. and arrive at Incheon International Airport at 8 p.m. the following day.

Return flights to Honolulu will depart Incheon on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10 p.m. and arrive in Honolulu at 10:45 a.m. the same day after crossing the International Dateline.

Read more: Hawaiian Airlines to launch Honolulu-Seoul service in January 2011 - Pacific Business News (Honolulu)
Old Aug 25, 2010, 12:01 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
No segment added...
Then, I would not even try to contact them. If I wanted to use the original tickets of course.
Old Aug 25, 2010, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by free2draw
...Return flights to Honolulu will depart Incheon on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays at 10 p.m. and arrive in Honolulu at 10:45 a.m. the same day after crossing the International Dateline...
So they just don't have a flight on the day I booked -- Tuesday.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.