Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Did anyone pay with their AMEX (which I didn't do ) and have AMEX solve the problem with HA?! maybe AMEX will cover your new ticket and chase after HA to make the original ticket valid
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Has anyone asked HA if they will accomodate you on

HND-HNL instead of ICN-HNL because the flight is daily and scheduled from Oct 31st?
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:00 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by fumitani
looks like i am in trouble.......i am travelling in coach between ICN-HNL
Sorry to hear that.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:02 am

Originally Posted by ACYYZ/SD
They will deal with any customer wrath or legal action after the fact.
That would not be a clever solution. After one person wins the case other will fly to court hearings from their location in international first class so that HA would cover the court-related costs
Old Aug 18, 2010, 11:06 am

Originally Posted by blueslip
I sent two e-mails to HA and no response from them yet. I am in for class action if HA will continue to play hardball. Tell us what to do.
I sent one two days ago and got a robot reply that e-mail does not exist. Do not want to use the web forms so far. Also there is no reason to send anything to DOT as they have not touched my ETKT (I am sure they will, that's just a matter of time).
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

They haven't changed mine yet, either, but it's for late May. I haven't called them back yet.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:03 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond, KE Morning Calm, SPG Gold, Hyatt DIA...when I fly domestic I always fly CO or UA! yay
Just got an email from HA for my 2011 Feb Flight.

If I had the time and if I was in the US, I would have definatly taken this matter to the small claims court (California), however, as I'm currently working in ICN, I found this difficult so I let HA have it.

So my november flight has been cancelled and 600 USD useless vouchers will be given to me (not yet), and my 8 hour flight for next yr feb will be on horrible HA first class(?) so I'm not looking forward to it but it was the only option.

I'll probably never buy another ticket on HA.com, (unless there's another mistake fare ) or fly HA after this experience. Too bad to HA.

Good luck to all, I'm sure I'll be envious of those who do actually get to fly KE C Class for their segments!!
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I just changed my flights and took option two. I won't be flying tonight anymore. So good luck with people taking it to court etc...

If you take option two. Some points.
Baggage you will get 2 bags each at 70lbs. Extra baggage will cost $85USD (even if you do a stopover you are allowed the 70lbs not the domestic allowance of 50lbs)
You can add a stopover in HNL. (I did it for the return)
One free change allowed (I negotiated for this) or else change fee is $150 one way not per segment.

Has anyone asked HA if they will accomodate you on

HND-HNL instead of ICN-HNL because the flight is daily and scheduled from Oct 31st?
No they won't accomodate you on the HND-HNL I asked. came back negative
Old Aug 18, 2010, 6:51 pm

I am flying Hawaiian

aloha

Last edited by soccerpapi; Aug 30, 2010 at 6:13 pm
Old Aug 18, 2010, 8:53 pm

My KE flights were exchanged today for HA flights for next year. All seat assignments have been assigned. Now I don't have to worry about getting seat assignments with KE.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: AAExPlat,QFPS,HHDia
On Our Way

Wish us luck guys. Currently in HKG with my wife Flying Zddd's enroute to ICN to pick up ICN-HNL leg. Then on to OGG and SEA. We never received an email or a phone call and all bookings have not been altered. Our situation may be different as they are one way fares only and we actually had to phone HA ans send emails to the US to get them to process a US credit card (we have both US and Aust CC's). We will keep you advised on how it all goes.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by mww99
Wish us luck guys. Currently in HKG with my wife Flying Zddd's enroute to ICN to pick up ICN-HNL leg. Then on to OGG and SEA. We never received an email or a phone call and all bookings have not been altered. Our situation may be different as they are one way fares only and we actually had to phone HA ans send emails to the US to get them to process a US credit card (we have both US and Aust CC's). We will keep you advised on how it all goes.
Good Luck! ^ I was suppose to be the first one, but I backed off from going to ICN and flying coach to HNL.

Looks like you are good to go for now

Please take lots of pictures for a trip report
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:15 am

Programs: AAExPlat,QFPS,HHDia
Good Luck! ^ I was suppose to be the first one, but I backed off from going to ICN and flying coach to HNL.

Looks like you are good to go for now

Please take lots of pictures for a trip report
Will do. Left BNE this morning. We have no reason at this stage to think anything has been changed. Pics already started.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:39 am

Programs: UA 3P
Will do. Left BNE this morning. We have no reason at this stage to think anything has been changed. Pics already started.
Good luck! Please let us know what happens.
Old Aug 20, 2010, 9:50 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA 1K, AC 35K, Accor Diamond, Hilton Diamond
Wish you luck. It seems we are on our own. I've heard nothing from any media outlets I have contacted. Hope it works out for you. (and the rest of us)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.