Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Aug 15, 2010, 2:39 pm

Programs: United 1K, Alaska MVP 75K, HH Diamond
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
I am a lawyer, but I am, of course, not yours, not Hawaiian's, and not anybody else's who may be reading FlyerTalk, unless one of my existing clients coincidentally happens to also be reading this thread.

With that said, I think your letter is generally good, with one notable exception. You write: "Unilateral mistake is not a defense to breach of contract." This is not correct.

Unilateral mistake may be a defense to breach of contract. It certainly is in Hawaii. See, e.g., Honda v. Board of Trutees of the Employees' Retirement System of the State of Hawai'i, 108 Hawai'i 212, 218 (2005). With that said, it is not a particularly attractive defense because, among other things, it doesn't apply if the party asserting it fairly bears the risk of the mistake. See id.; see also Restatement (Second) of Contracts § 154 (1979).

Let me put if this way: when defending a client against a breach of contract claim, if our only defense is unilateral mistake, I generally do not consider us to be in a very enviable position.
Here here, SAT Lawyer, I agree unilateral mistake may be a defence to contract, and an even bigger miracle has just occured - two lawyers here agree with one another
Old Aug 15, 2010, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold
Is it just me or has Seoul/ICN disappeared entirely from the list of cities from which you can make a booking on HA's web site?
Old Aug 16, 2010, 1:48 am

Originally Posted by SAT Lawyer
Is it just me or has Seoul/ICN disappeared entirely from the list of cities from which you can make a booking on HA's web site?
Yeah, I'm not seeing it either. However, looks like they just announced the ICN/HNL route being bookable....May be they are updating their reservation system.

http://airlineroute.net/2010/08/15/ha-icn-jan11/
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone succeed with DOT contacting HA etc to restore their reservation? I'm running out of time....departure is less than 48 hours away
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:47 am
Suspended

SkyTeam Miles

Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
Huh?

Korean Air will credit to Skyteam. Almost 4600 miles each way.
Check your SkyTeam airline to determine which KE fares earn miles. The lower-cost KE ones, for example, on DL do not.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 8:49 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
Originally Posted by fumitani
Anyone succeed with DOT contacting HA etc to restore their reservation? I'm running out of time....departure is less than 48 hours away
hi fumitami, very sorry to hear about your plight. i really hope you do just show up at the airport. i am not one for making a fuss, but i would in this instance. the way HA has acted, with threats, etc., has been absurd. i recently sent them a certified demand letter... if i do not get the outcome i want (the tickets being honored fully regarding fare and carrier), i will be one that will file suit. as a lawyer, it will cost me nothing... and i have plenty of time. even more effective, would be a class action involving other ticket purchasers.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 9:02 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
If your reservation has not been changed by HA, just check your ETKT before heading to the airport and make sure the status is CTRL, which means that the control of the ETKT coupon is under KE's airport control and you should be fine to check-in. If the status is RFND, EXCH, VOID you will be in trouble.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:52 pm

Programs: AA/UA/DL
Dear fumitani,
Sorry that you will be the first one. Please let us know what will happen.

My friend will follow you on Aug 24.

Can lawyers give us some guidelines when we are at the airport:
1. If we were involuntary downgraded, should we take the flight?
(The ticket has been exchanged)
What evidence should we keep?
2. If we were denied boarding, should we just video tape what happen at the airport?

other suggestions?
Old Aug 17, 2010, 1:55 pm

Programs: Aeroplan/Hilton Gold/Marriott Bonvoy Titanium/Accor/Hyatt Gold Passport
I'm certain that you'll find that HA has changed your ICN-HNL booking to Y Class from C Class. Systematically, it appears that is what's happening. They will deal with any customer wrath or legal action after the fact.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 2:03 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Meh, my booking and ETKT have not been changed yet. Probably due to all the letters, threats, etc. I've hurled at them.

Code:
TKT-173213XXXXXXX        RCI-                     HA  LOC-      
 OD-        SI-      FCMI-7   POI-WWW  DOI-26JUL10  IOI-10671043
   1.XXXXXXX/XXXXX             ADT            S I               
 1  ICN HA 6001 J 21JAN 2010 OK JOTST/WEB     A                 
 2 XHNL HA 126  J 21JAN 1110 OK JOTST/WEB     O                 
    OGG                                                         
FARE   F USD       356.00                                       
TAX      USD        16.10US                                     
TAX      USD        23.10BP                                     
TAX      USD        20.00XT                                     
TOTAL    USD       415.20                                       
/FC SEL HA X/HNL HA OGG356.00JOTST/WEB NUC356.00END ROE1.00 XT5.
50YC7.00X Y5.00XA2.50AY                                         
FE VALID HA ONLY/NONREF/FEE FOR CHG                             
FP CCHAXXXXXXXXXXXX5017/1219/N959543
Old Aug 17, 2010, 4:53 pm

You may want to compromise with Hawaiian

aloha

Last edited by soccerpapi; Aug 30, 2010 at 6:14 pm
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

looks like i am in trouble.......i am travelling in coach between ICN-HNL

Just got off the phone with them also. No requests is accepted....

No extra baggage no free change of dates etc..

They will tell you your ticket is invalid and they can do nothing. You have been booked in coach. One option is to cancel the ticket though hmmmm

Last edited by fumitani; Aug 17, 2010 at 5:21 pm
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, Hyatt Globalist, Hertz Plat, Centurion, too many airlines
looks like i am in trouble.......i am travelling in coach between ICN-HNL
considering HA was charging more for the "mistake" business fare than the economy fare, this is a joke. sorry, but a lawsuit it the only option at this point. they want to play hardball, i am more than happy to step up to the plate.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
considering HA was charging more for the "mistake" business fare than the economy fare, this is a joke. sorry, but a lawsuit it the only option at this point. they want to play hardball, i am more than happy to step up to the plate.
looks like you have to go the lawsuit way

I might cancel my trip all together. This is becoming a joke. I'm going to lose money on the exchange rate plus get a voucher which is useless
Old Aug 17, 2010, 5:54 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
Originally Posted by taipeiflyer
hi fumitami, very sorry to hear about your plight. i really hope you do just show up at the airport. i am not one for making a fuss, but i would in this instance. the way HA has acted, with threats, etc., has been absurd. i recently sent them a certified demand letter... if i do not get the outcome i want (the tickets being honored fully regarding fare and carrier), i will be one that will file suit. as a lawyer, it will cost me nothing... and i have plenty of time. even more effective, would be a class action involving other ticket purchasers.
I sent two e-mails to HA and no response from them yet. I am in for class action if HA will continue to play hardball. Tell us what to do.

Last edited by blueslip; Aug 17, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.