Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals > Mileage Run Discussion
Reload this Page >

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

(Gone) HA: ICN-HNL-LAS/PHX/PDX/etc C class 699 USD RT

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:58 am

Programs: AA LT Plat, UA LT Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott LT Gold
[QUOTE=denCSA;14575682]I've got a meeting with one of our lawyers in the office tomorrow. She's gracefully offered to help and give me pointers on how to file and present my case in small claims. The good thing is we work in the airline industry and she's well versed on IATA regs. [QUOTE]

Any update from the meeting u had with your lawyer friend? Somehow this thread has gone quiet.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 8:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA ExPlat,EX-UA 1K, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat,
I got another called the other day, I asked the lady to send me the 3 proposal via email which they did, I countered my proposal to them and waiting for their reply.

My travel is next year, I am not in a hurry to settle this one yet!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:43 am

Got a message from HA this past week.
I have been downgraded to Y ICN-HNL. Still in F to the mainland.
The message said I had until Sept. 7 to phone and accept their offer.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:27 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Email from HA

Got an email from HA:

하와이안 항공 고객님께,

최근 인천-호놀룰루 구간의 웹사이트 상 요금표시 오기에 대한 문제로 인하여 혼란과 불편을 끼쳐 드린 점, 하와이안 항공을 대표하여 진심으로 사과의 말씀을 드립니다. 아울러 저희 항공사 웹사이트에 상기 요금이 기재된 것은 전혀 의도 된 것이 아니라는 점을 이해하여 주시고, 저희가 이 문제를 해결 할 수 있도록 아낌없는 협조를 해 주신 점 또한 감사드립니다.

추후 유사한 오류가 재발하지 않도록 최선의 노력을 다 할 것이며 이번 일을 본보기 삼아 보다 나은 준비와 계획을 도모해 나갈 것임을 약속 드리는 바입니다.

앞으로도 저희 하와이안 항공을 아껴 주시고 애용하여 주실 것을 당부 드리오며 저희 임직원 일동은 여러분을 최상의 서비스로 모시게 되기를 고대합니다.

하와이안항공 부사장
아비 매니스 올림

Dear Hawaiian Airlines Customer,

Thank you for working with us to resolve the recent issue involving an invalid fare from Incheon to Honolulu. We appreciate your understanding about how this fare came to be posted on our website unintentionally, and we are grateful for your cooperation in helping us resolve this matter.

On behalf of Hawaiian Airlines, I want to once again express our sincere apologies that this occurred in the first place. This was an unfortunate circumstance for everyone involved, and we regret any confusion and inconvenience it may have caused you. We have learned from the experience and changed our procedures to make sure this problem does not happen again.

We hope that there will be opportunities for you to fly with us again, and to experience our award-winning service.

Sincerely,

Avi Mannis
Vice President, Revenue Management and Schedule Planning
Hawaiian Airlines
Old Sep 3, 2010, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tracon
Got a message from HA this past week.
I have been downgraded to Y ICN-HNL. Still in F to the mainland.
The message said I had until Sept. 7 to phone and accept their offer.
I don't know if they called, because I'm not at home, but I just received the same email as psyflyer, and found that my KE segment was downgraded to coach. No mention of accepting or rejecting the revision, which I find unacceptable.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 5:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I took option 4

Well, I was trying to get some work done yesterday, when I got an "unknown caller" come up on my caller ID. I often don't answer these, but decided to do so.

It happened to be an HA agent, calling about my ticket. My only previous communication had been after I filed my DOT complaint, and that I was going to be out of town. They had no problem putting it off.

I took the lead in the conversation, and was going to have a few words about the "invalid fare" line that the agent started off with, but decided it was rather like hitting your head against the wall. No point, and it makes the wall angry.

I had booked 328 days out when the fare came out, with the return being 330 days. I wanted to change dates, which was no problem, and decided to ask to originate in PHX instead of ICN. Also, no problem. I could also have a free stopover in HNL, but no other islands. I was hoping to see another island, but no luck. I'll skip the stopover this time.

I decided to check which dates I could go, and said I'd call back later. They gave me a Sept 7 date to do so, or they'd cancel it.

After viewing EF, and picking dates that they flew, I called back. I was on hold for about 7-8 minutes. I gave my info, and reverified all the details. Originate from PHX. Check. First class flights on all segments. Check. Change dates, including return flight more than 1 year out. Check.

My outward bound flight is now set, and when my return date is 330 days out, they say they'll book it then.

While the whole experience was far from perfect, especially the whole "invalid fare" thing, I do feel that they made a good faith effort in my particular case. I just wish they had at least 20" wide seats.

<Oh, and there was no option 4, but I crafted what I wanted, so I'll call it that. >
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:16 pm

Got the same e-mail as PSflyer.
I will call them tonight to see what I can get.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 7:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by tracon
Got the same e-mail as PSflyer.
I will call them tonight to see what I can get.
Better call soon, as I'm sure you'll be on hold, and they're only open for another hour or so.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:08 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by blueslip
Any update from the meeting u had with your lawyer friend? Somehow this thread has gone quiet.
Hi everyone,

Sorry I've been busy but I had the chance to sit down with our corporate lawyer and went over the details with her. She said my case was pretty good, by small claims standards and she laid out a timeline of what and when to do. She helped me use a demand letter template to create a draft. This the first step, you need to send this to HA legal dept by certified mail. If anyone wants a copy of the demand letter I sent please PM me.

That being said, it looks like I will ending my fight here, as HA and I have come to an agreement on a suitable option #4 for my situation. I received an email from HA's rep earlier in the week, then I responded with a proposal I deemed acceptable and HA got back to me last night (I sent my demand letter Wed. when i didnt hear back immediately) with a clarified response proposal. So now to hammer out the details!
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:39 am
Suspended

Programs: AA-EXP (3.3MM), AAirpass, SQ-PPS Solitaire, DL-PM (.777MM), SPG-Plat, HH-D
Good to hear, actually great to hear about option 4 and HA's willingness to appease. It seems like HA as weeded out the first round of passengers which accepted one of the three initial options, now there onto the second batch of passengers allowing for a sweeter 4th option to be considered on a per passenger/situation basis. Good for you HA, this will result in lower potential litigation costs.

As for me, Im holding out, infact according to advice I am given I am very likely taking them to court(not small claims), and should it come to that, we will ask for a good amount of punitive damages which I can handsomely prove. Without getting into details for obvious reasons I would suggest each and one of you do what is best for you and not to give in to the airline's demands. Within reason you will get what is owed to you. Good luck FTers.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 8:57 am
Suspended

I sent them my option #4 aswell last week.
Awaiting their reply.
Old Sep 4, 2010, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
I'm not sure which option I took.
But got a full refund on a 1 way icn-lax for october.

Got a RT Y MNL-HNL oct/march that could really work for me.
Have to suck it up in Y,but a free ticket is a free ticket.

Last edited by lovtofly3; Sep 4, 2010 at 11:50 pm
Old Sep 5, 2010, 2:13 am

Programs: KL PFL; BA Gold; A3 Silver; EY Silver; SU Silver
Originally Posted by mtacchi
I sent them my option #4 aswell last week.
Awaiting their reply.
Did you use e-mail? If so, what is the address used?
Old Sep 7, 2010, 6:02 am
Suspended

Sure.. don't think its private info.

[email protected]

They contacted me on that email, made an offer
I have spoken to our company legal team, (a few mates of mine there) and they agree Hawaiian is liable, the tickets are valid as sold. They helped with a counter offer, but I am not above buying full F on Korean for the 3 of us and then taking Hawaiian to court. As my door number #4 involved only HA flights and seems inline with what others are negotiating, I can't see why they wouldn't.
Old Sep 7, 2010, 2:17 pm

HA accepted option 4.
Not the best solution, but it will work well for me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.