Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:22 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
Thumbs down

Unfortunately, e-tickets
Old Sep 6, 2005, 4:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by dlnewbie
Unfortunately, e-tickets
Did they just get ticketed today? Most people with e-tickets were ticketed within an hour or so.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:27 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
I purchase my tickets at about 4AM ET via nwa.com. I received a ticket number before 7AM when I woke up to check if the fare was still there. Charge just hit the card today. I am guessing if NWA was not going to honor then they would have not sent the charge through to the card and used the fact that no money changed hands as reasoning to not honor this.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:49 pm

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
I'm going ahead with any Russian visas. NWA cannot back out now I already have other people booked on regular NW fares from other cities into my destination (SVO).

Back to work day and nothing heard from NW; Sounds like the green light to me. Someone would have called or emailed if it was a no go.

BTW e-tix issued within minutes of the original booking and cc charge posted today.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 11:06 pm

Programs: UA LT 1K HYglob Marr LT Titanium
Do you think this was a fare mistake???

I was lucky enough to purcahse 1 ticket LAX-ZRH (7 days) on travelocity 227.95 all in.So I'm not crying or anything,and from all indications the fare is legit.Hope to get credit on DL,but not worried if I don't.But what do think NWA was trying to do,fill planes or was this a true Glitch? More than half of my iten. is on KLM.Doesn't NWA have to pay KLM for the seats?Or is KLM in desparate shape too as are 90% of US based carriers.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:17 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
I see this as a great opportunity for NW/KL to get a new customer. I've never flown them before. If they honor the fare and get me and my mother to Munich and back, well, that's gonna probably sway at least some of my 35-50,000-BIS-mile business travel (OK, it's not *that* much, but it's more than most Average Joes) to Northwest.

On the other hand, if they make a stink about it... my record of not having flown them will go unbroken.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 1:34 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by lovtofly3
I was lucky enough to purcahse 1 ticket LAX-ZRH (7 days) on travelocity 227.95 all in.So I'm not crying or anything,and from all indications the fare is legit.Hope to get credit on DL,but not worried if I don't.But what do think NWA was trying to do,fill planes or was this a true Glitch? More than half of my iten. is on KLM.Doesn't NWA have to pay KLM for the seats?Or is KLM in desparate shape too as are 90% of US based carriers.
NW/KL still have a revenue sharing agreement in effect, if I am not mistaken. By that, NW and KL will share the revenue on such routes for any tickets sold by one or the other on either's flights on said routes. KL is in somewhat better shape than NW .... but these things don't cost NW/KL as much as some assume.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:39 am

How are you finding these tickets. I did a search, actually many on travelocity and on NWA. I did the flex searches and looked for many of the tickets you all were and got but i couldnt find any of them.
Can anyone help me out, i am a little new to this.
Thanks
RIchard
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:44 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by ramiller1976
How are you finding these tickets. I did a search, actually many on travelocity and on NWA. I did the flex searches and looked for many of the tickets you all were and got but i couldnt find any of them.
Thanks
RIchard
Per the (revised) title of the thread, the fares are gone.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 8:56 am

Originally Posted by ramiller1976
Thanks
RIchard
Welcome to FT - unfortunately the fares with NWA were only good for about 24 hours and now they are not available anymore!
But stay with FT and look everyday at these forums and you will learn. It may not be the last time an airline does this, but probably not NWA.
You can still get a good deal on BA but if it is WP your after not much solice - sorry!
Old Sep 7, 2005, 2:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Anyone with paper tickets issued directly from nwa.com get them yet?
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:21 pm

Programs: 2Peon, NW PLAT, HH Diamond & *W Fallen-from-Gold-Grace
Originally Posted by channa
Nope. My credit card still hasn't been charged. Still shows "confirmed" on nwa.com though.

To any NW/HP flyers: I fly UA now. If I attach my dormant HP FF number, when the HP/US programs merge, will these KLM miles become * Alliance miles? Thanks.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:25 pm

Programs: AS Gold/SPG Gold/Hertz PC
Originally Posted by channa
Ours have also not been ticketed (nor my credit card charged) ... one segment (AMS-FCO) is on AZ. I presume NW management is trying to find a way out but is not having any luck.
Old Sep 7, 2005, 4:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ashaboe
Ours have also not been ticketed (nor my credit card charged) ... one segment (AMS-FCO) is on AZ. I presume NW management is trying to find a way out but is not having any luck.
I wouldn't necessarily NW is up to no good. I'm somewhat familiar with NW's practice of delaying ticketing for various reasons. They may just be backed up in a ticketing queue, with priority given by date. Since these aren't until Nov. and Dec., they're not at the top of the priority list.

But I wonder who will get them first...
Old Sep 7, 2005, 6:12 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Originally Posted by FourWheels
To any NW/HP flyers: I fly UA now. If I attach my dormant HP FF number, when the HP/US programs merge, will these KLM miles become * Alliance miles?
All HP FlightFund miles will become US Dividend Miles... whether the new US will remain part of the *A is actually a matter of some debate over on the HP and US forums... the public statements from the airlines have been highly flexible.

Also, the HP Web site seems to be unclear on whether miles flown on KL metal under an NW code will earn any FlightFund miles. It doesn't explicitly state that codeshares are not eligible, but it doesn't say they are, either.

Last edited by FCYTravis; Sep 7, 2005 at 6:15 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.