Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 9:04 am

I picked up a couple of SAN->MSP->LGW tix for late november a few hours back so my parents could visit. Or, to be more correct, I woke them up at 2.30am so they could do it. They were quite pleased at $205pp. Ticketed already. Thank you flyertalk.

I tried my best to route on KL metal accross the atlantic SAN->LAX->AMS->LHR/LCY could all be done on NW codeshares on mostly on KL metal [SAN->LAX was on AA], but from what I could tell using KL transatlantic was outside the fare rules. The fare worked if booked using KL flight # on NW metal going across the pond, but not the other way around.

Its just so unfair. I am looking at 550+ to go LON->SAN for christmas/years...

bonzo
Old Sep 3, 2005, 9:12 am

WHY...why did i go to sleep last night? WHHHHHY.

tonight...i'll stay up all night until another price mistake happens... LOL
(could be a long night)

Last edited by DBCme; Sep 3, 2005 at 9:14 am
Old Sep 3, 2005, 9:18 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by mikensf74
WHY...why did i go to sleep last night? WHHHHHY.

tonight...i'll stay up all night until another price mistake happens... LOL
(could be a long night)
^

More importantly, why didn't fare alert physically wake me up?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 9:24 am

Programs: Does it matter any more?
Originally Posted by tcook052
^

More importantly, why didn't fare alert physically wake me up?
You mean fare alert is capable of coming out and shaking me up from sleep? Wow.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 9:55 am

Programs: Priceline Blood Diamond Elite. Peon on DL, AA, UA, US, and WN.
This is one of those days that I'm glad my job requires me to be in at 4AM. Otherwise, my schedule blows.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:26 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
If you can find a travel agent using the Apollo/Galileo reservation system, this fare is still showing up in this reservation system. Not sure how long it will last though (12.30pm CT).
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:34 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Fairmont Lifetime Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Honors Diamond
missed another one of these! Oh well, I am at least consistent.

Wouldn't it be nice to have each NEW thread posted in Mileage Run be sent as an email or SMS to my Treo 600 phone?

There was only one I attempted to go for (it was the India trip with that SIN airline tour operator Asiana ) and all I got for it was a nice letter from them telling me sorry no go...

One of these days I will succeed, persistence is my middle name

Enjoy to all FTers who took advantage of this.

Last edited by gpapadop; Sep 3, 2005 at 11:44 am
Old Sep 3, 2005, 11:50 am

Programs: No more status...just doing my best in burning my points/miles.
Do'h

That's what I get for going to sleep late!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:05 pm

Originally Posted by fti
If you can find a travel agent using the Apollo/Galileo reservation system, this fare is still showing up in this reservation system. Not sure how long it will last though (12.30pm CT).
I am a TA sitting at an APO CRS and having checked several dozen times, trust me , I'm not seeing these fares and haven't since I came into work 3 hours ago. BTW, just checked ex SEA, SFO, LAX, MSP and DTW to all destinations mentioned in thread title and zippo, zilch, gone.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:22 pm
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
I am also a TA and just booked MSP-ZRH 1/2 hour ago and I still see the $0 fare + fuel + taxes there. Funny how it apparently is not consistent among Apollo agents.

(edited to add):
My guess is that being Canadian-based you don't see what US-based agents might see. That is my only explanation.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:32 pm

Originally Posted by fti
I am also a TA and just booked MSP-ZRH 1/2 hour ago and I still see the $0 fare + fuel + taxes there. Funny how it apparently is not consistent among Apollo agents.

(edited to add):
My guess is that being Canadian-based you don't see what US-based agents might see. That is my only explanation.
Weird as I've seen most and ticketed some other misprices right from the CRS.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:43 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
Originally Posted by fti

(edited to add):

The fare was never $0 it was anywherefrom $95-115 - or was that the fuel??- perhaps you have another GREAT fare there
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:44 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by window-seat
Got SEA-SVO (Moscow) november - $211 all in
Just a reminder to you Moscow peeps. I am sure if you decided to go here, you would know, but just in case.. Russia requires US citizens to fill out a large application as well as pay a $100+ visa fee. Reciprocity.. Also SVO blows as an airport. It is best to pre-arrainge a car service into town before you get there. (IMO)

One inexpensive hotel option ($45-$70 a night US) is Hotel Alfa. It is a soviet business hotel, but pretty nice for one of those. It is right in front of the Metro stop Izmaylovsky Park. It takes maybe 15-20 minutes to get into the old center of town, on the metro. ^
Old Sep 3, 2005, 12:57 pm

Originally Posted by jan_az
The fare was never $0 it was anywherefrom $95-115 - or was that the fuel??- perhaps you have another GREAT fare there
Technically, it was a zero base fare. The $95 to $115 was a varying fuel surcharge. SEA-MAD was $55 each way.

This is similar to the LON-CLE AA fare.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 1:29 pm

Northwest Airlines Confirmation Number: ******
Itinerary number: *********
Airline ticket number(s): we'll have this information soon -- check back in a few minutes!

I've seen one or two people say they have ticket info, but are the rest of use still in this boat? How long does this generally last? I booked 9.5 hours ago. I've never booked on NWA before, so I'm holding off on arranging lodging until I see a ticket #, or an experienced user says this is normal.

Anyone going to Rome the first week of November? I picked up a ticket, but no one else I know did. I'm looking for people to do walking tours with.

Last edited by titewad; Sep 3, 2005 at 2:16 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.