Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by gpan
you're just drawing attention to yourself and we all know not to do that don't we?
Apparently not.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:26 am

Programs: AV LifeMiles, CM ConnectMiles, BA Exec Club. Former:ex-ASGold, ex-UA1K, ex-COPlat, ex-NWGold.
Update to my post from the 4th - my cc has now been charged for both tickets, bought separately on the 3rd. Posting date to the cc company was Sept 5, so NW has now issued my e-tickets and charged my card. My trips are a bit more than 90 days out so I can't get seats yet.

And I don't intend to call them about it. I'll wait till I can get seats on the website. Otherwise flying low to the ground.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:33 am

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
The NWA agent I spoke with to select seats didn't say anything other than "Have a good night." Needless to say, I didn't bring up the subject of fares.

Fingers crossed... and Travelocity Guarantee bookmarked

Last edited by FCYTravis; Sep 6, 2005 at 12:35 am
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:46 am

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
SFO-AMS FlyerTalk reunions...

I got 10B bulkhead seats for a few flights...
but today when I called for my last flight row 10 was completely full.

Also, 10 and 24 were completely full on another flight.

Are enough of us booking these SFO-AMS-XXX flights and grabbing the bulkhead MD-11 (or 767) seats that we can have a mini-FlyerTalk gathering?
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:58 am

Well, I'm not in a bulkhead as I'm flying with a companion... but if anyone's flying NW8606/KL606 SFO-AMS on Nov. 16 or NW8605/KL605 AMS-SFO on Nov. 22, by all means say hello!

Last edited by FCYTravis; Sep 6, 2005 at 10:37 am
Old Sep 6, 2005, 6:20 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by FCYTravis
the best seat pair I could get was 28 A-B on the 763 and 30 A-B on the M11...
So we can reserve the KLM seats by calling NWA? I had figured it was like AZ where we got the assignments on the day of travel.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 8:37 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
In the spirit of not drawing attention to yourself, it is probably best if you do the seat assignments yourself at NW's website. You just need your last name and the NW reservation number and you can view your itinerary online, add FF numbers, add seats, etc. Not to mention that you can see seat maps yourself and pick your own seat rather than depending on the phone agent to tell you what is available.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In the past, as a NW elite, I've been able to reserve KL elite seating by providing my WP number and sending an e-mail to [email protected] - just a way to secure seating in advance if you feel you need to. I don't believe you can get seat map info for KL flights on NWA.com. Not sure if you can use your KL PNR on KLM's site to assign your own seats though...
Old Sep 6, 2005, 9:49 am

Yes, you can reserve the KL seats by calling NWA on the outbound and inbound US international legs only. The NWAgent couldn't assign seats for me on the AMS-MUC-AMS flights. It's not possible to view KL seatmaps and select KL seats on the NWA site. Believe me, I tried.

As for the KL site, I never thought of that... checking now.

Edit: The KL site won't let you do seat assignments more than seven days out from the flight.

Last edited by FCYTravis; Sep 6, 2005 at 9:52 am
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:34 am
fti
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Lots of programs, dirt on all of them!
Most European airlines do not allow advance seat assignments for intra-European flights until check in unless you are booked in business class or in a very high economy fare class.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 10:34 am

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
How to change your seats on a KLM flight...

1) View your reservation in nwa.com and add your elite number. It sometimes takes a few hours for KLM to see your elite status to openn up elite seating.

2) Call NW 800-255-2525 (or elite number). If you get a NW rep who can't get the elite seats, ask them to use "Corda" - the KLM reservation system.

3) nwa.com won't allow seat changes on KLM. In fact, seats assigned by Corda will show as "seat unassigned" in the nwa.com system.

4) Intra-Europe flights are booked at the gate, but you can check-in online at KLM and pick your seats. 737 maps aren't on seatmap.com, but they are on KLM's website.

Last edited by mitchell; Nov 11, 2005 at 8:02 am
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:24 pm

Programs: NW Plat, CO Plat
Originally Posted by mitchell
4) Intra-Europe flights are booked at the gate (or possibly within 7 days on KLM.com - Has anyone done this? I always get KLM intra-Europe at the gate.)
I was able to get seat assignments on KLM intra european flight at time of booking (by calling KLM), but this was on a NW WBC award - so the segment was booked in Europe select, not "plain coach". I booked some coach awards last week and could not get seat assignment on the intra european segment.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by BBT in NY
I was able to get seat assignments on KLM intra european flight at time of booking (by calling KLM), but this was on a NW WBC award - so the segment was booked in Europe select, not "plain coach". I booked some coach awards last week and could not get seat assignment on the intra european segment.
This is common for European carriers on intra-Europe flights. Biz seats are assigned ahead of time, but Y seats are assigned at checkin.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:30 pm

Programs: airline independent; HHonors Diamond/Marriott Titanium
AMEX Charged / Ticket Numbers Issued

Since my card has now been charged in addition to having ticket numbers assigned I will hope that NW will actually honor those who booked early enough to get this ticketed.
Old Sep 6, 2005, 3:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by dlnewbie
Since my card has now been charged in addition to having ticket numbers assigned I will hope that NW will actually honor those who booked early enough to get this ticketed.
Paper or e-tickets?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.