Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2005, 2:04 pm

Originally Posted by fti
If you can find a travel agent using the Apollo/Galileo reservation system, this fare is still showing up in this reservation system. Not sure how long it will last though (12.30pm CT).
3pm Central Time... fare on NW shows $110+ tax MSP-ZRH
but when you try and book, the ever famous... shows up...

Please note the fare may have changed since you made your flight selection. The total airfare is shown above in the flight summary. Click the "Review Preferences and Purchase" button to continue your purchase. (Message 102a) (Message 102a)
Old Sep 3, 2005, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA1k;HH Gold;MR Gold
I used travelocity and got my ticket number in about 2 minutes
Old Sep 3, 2005, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines, CO Emeritus, United kettle, Ural Airlines Wings, Hilton, National
Originally Posted by jan_az
Ditto
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by jan_az
when?

Jan, did u get the message I sent you after the seminar?
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keithguy
Technically, it was a zero base fare. The $95 to $115 was a varying fuel surcharge. SEA-MAD was $55 each way.
Interesting, not to create a huge debate or anything, but NW's Contract of Carriage specifically states:

ERRONEOUS FARES
NORTHWEST WILL EXERCISE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE
THAT ALL FARES IT PUBLISHES ARE ACCURATE AND
AVAILABLE FOR SALE, BUT NORTHWEST, AS A POLICY, DOES NOT
FILE NOR INTEND TO FILE TICKETS PRICED AT A ZERO FARE.
IN THE EVENT THAT AN ERRONEOUS ZERO FARE IS
INADVERTENTLY PUBLISHED FOR SALE AND A TICKET IS ISSUED
AT THE ERRONEOUS FARE BEFORE IT HAS BEEN CORRECTED,
NORTHWEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE TICKET
PURCHASE AND REFUND ALL AMOUNTS PAID BY THE
PURCHASER OR, AT THE PURCHASER'S OPTION, TO REISSUE
THE TICKET FOR THE CORRECT FARE.

As this was open for several hours in the early hours of the morning, I doubt too many were sold - although this fare was pushed over to FatWallet & SlickDeals - and who knows how many other deal sites. So it's impossible to determine the actual number or even estimate based on views of this thread how many people actually booked these tickets from various cities. I wonder how they'll respond to this. Sure, as they've gotten a lot of bad publicity recently, they would probably honor it - but as they're low on $$$, they may not honor it. I'm sure those that bought through Travelocity will be protected (and I wonder how long TL's guarantee is going to be out there - and if it really has encouraged business or if it's just something that has encouraged people to book with them when they find sketchy fares) - but those that bought direct from NW may be at a little more of a loss. I wonder if they regard this as a 0.00 fare or if's considered to be a non-0.00 fare since its got fuel surcharges tacked on to it?

I didn't book this trip - although I saw it around 3AM & woke up some folks that did book it - but good luck to all those that did book. I kind of wish the fare was available on weekends as this would have been a great way to blow a weekend. Too much opportunity & not enough PTO!
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:59 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Interesting, not to create a huge debate or anything, but NW's Contract of Carriage specifically states:

ERRONEOUS FARES
NORTHWEST WILL EXERCISE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE
THAT ALL FARES IT PUBLISHES ARE ACCURATE AND
AVAILABLE FOR SALE, BUT NORTHWEST, AS A POLICY, DOES NOT
FILE NOR INTEND TO FILE TICKETS PRICED AT A ZERO FARE.
IN THE EVENT THAT AN ERRONEOUS ZERO FARE IS
INADVERTENTLY PUBLISHED FOR SALE AND A TICKET IS ISSUED
AT THE ERRONEOUS FARE BEFORE IT HAS BEEN CORRECTED,
NORTHWEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE TICKET
PURCHASE AND REFUND ALL AMOUNTS PAID BY THE
PURCHASER OR, AT THE PURCHASER'S OPTION, TO REISSUE
THE TICKET FOR THE CORRECT FARE.

As this was open for several hours in the early hours of the morning, I doubt too many were sold - although this fare was pushed over to FatWallet & SlickDeals - and who knows how many other deal sites. So it's impossible to determine the actual number or even estimate based on views of this thread how many people actually booked these tickets from various cities. I wonder how they'll respond to this. Sure, as they've gotten a lot of bad publicity recently, they would probably honor it - but as they're low on $$$, they may not honor it. I'm sure those that bought through Travelocity will be protected (and I wonder how long TL's guarantee is going to be out there - and if it really has encouraged business or if it's just something that has encouraged people to book with them when they find sketchy fares) - but those that bought direct from NW may be at a little more of a loss. I wonder if they regard this as a 0.00 fare or if's considered to be a non-0.00 fare since its got fuel surcharges tacked on to it?

I didn't book this trip - although I saw it around 3AM & woke up some folks that did book it - but good luck to all those that did book. I kind of wish the fare was available on weekends as this would have been a great way to blow a weekend. Too much opportunity & not enough PTO!
As a Mod., don't tell me you're encouraging the will they or won't they honor debate that starts after every misprice/misload.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:00 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
Got the same

Originally Posted by titewad
Northwest Airlines Confirmation Number: ******
Itinerary number: *********
Airline ticket number(s): we'll have this information soon -- check back in a few minutes!

I've seen one or two people say they have ticket info, but are the rest of use still in this boat? How long does this generally last? I booked 9.5 hours ago.
I actually made 2 bookings, one LAX - Madrid and one LAX - Milan. Interestingly, the Madrid one gave me a nearly instant confirmation of ticket number, while Milan has the "we'll have this information soon -- check back in a few minutes!" . Sadly, I canceled the Madrid one because I really wanted Milan. Now I am not so sure that it was a good idea since I didn't have the ticket number yet. I noticed that Madrid was a KLM flight (I think) and Milan is code share w/ Alitalia, so I am wondering if it just takes a little longer to get through Alitalia's system.

Fingers crossed.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
I actually made 2 bookings, one LAX - Madrid and one LAX - Milan. Interestingly, the Madrid one gave me a nearly instant confirmation of ticket number, while Milan has the "we'll have this information soon -- check back in a few minutes!". I noticed that Madrid was a KLM flight (I think) and Milan is code share w/ Alitalia, so I am wondering if it just takes a little longer to get through Alitalia's system.

Fingers crossed.
Me, too.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tcook052
As a Mod., don't tell me you're encouraging the will they or won't they honor debate that starts after every misprice/misload.
That was posted by me as an FT'er, not as a Mod - when I post as a Mod, I sign it with my username & moderator position. Until Keithguy's post, I thought it was a screw-up fare, not a 0.00 fare. The topic will eventually get discussed - and NW is one of the airlines that specifically talks about this in their contract of carriage. I'm also bringing up the topic since I'm a NW flyer. Sure, the topic can sometimes get beaten to death and frankly, it get downright annoying to read. Hypothesizing doesn't always help the matter & in some cases it needlessly worries people. In other cases, it protects people from making non-cancelllable reservation until they hear something. In the past, someone hasn't been able to take it & cracks and calls the airline - I don't see why people do this - but for some reason, people do. My recommendation would be sit it out & if there's a problem, let the airline contact you.

bhatnasx
Flyertalker

As a mod - I'll say that there's nothing wrong with discussion as long as it's civil in nature. If it gets out of hands, one of the MR Mods will step in & delete posts & even give time outs if necessary. Please keep the topic of discussion on track and civil.

bhatnasx
Mileage Run Moderator
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:21 pm

Originally Posted by bhatnasx
I wonder if they regard this as a 0.00 fare or if's considered to be a non-0.00 fare since its got fuel surcharges tacked on to it?
It's not a 0.00 fare because for airlines are required to lump in surcharges with the base fares so the base fare displayed on nwa.com (and Travelocity) showed the fuel surcharge.

So as far as most people are concerned, the big fat $110 (or whatever the fuel surcharge was) means that it was not a zero fare.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by keithguy
It's not a 0.00 fare because for airlines are required to lump in surcharges with the base fares so the base fare displayed on nwa.com (and Travelocity) showed the fuel surcharge.

So as far as most people are concerned, the big fat $110 (or whatever the fuel surcharge was) means that it was not a zero fare.
Which then means that NW is not within its rights of its Contract of Carriage to cancel these trips? Great! ^
Old Sep 3, 2005, 4:40 pm

Location: Memphis, TN Hyatt Plat, NW Silver, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, National Emeral Exec
Airline ticket number(s): we'll have this information soon -- check back in a few minutes!

I've seen one or two people say they have ticket info, but are the rest of use still in this boat? How long does this generally last? I booked 9.5 hours ago. I've never booked on NWA before, so I'm holding off on arranging lodging until I see a ticket #, or an experienced user says this is normal.

Anyone going to Rome the first week of November? I picked up a ticket, but no one else I know did. I'm looking for people to do walking tours with.
I first tried on NW and could not get the fare to ticket so I jumped over to Travelocity and was able to get MSP-MAD. I got a confirmation email less than 5 mins later and could view my reciept and pick seats on NWA.com. I think it's a little odd yours have not ticketed yet.
Also, mine shows a base fare of $110 so they can't say it was a $0 fare.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 5:18 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

I've seen one or two people say they have ticket info, but are the rest of use still in this boat? How long does this generally last? I booked 9.5 hours ago. I've never booked on NWA before, so I'm holding off on arranging lodging until I see a ticket #, or an experienced user says this is normal.
Do you have any codeshares (other than NW/KL operated)? I wonder if things like Alitalia codeshares are delaying ticketing, or perhaps causing paper tix to be issued.

I know of one set of tix with an AZ-operated flight that doesn't show as being ticketed.

And mine has both AZ-operated flights AND is using a NWA voucher. Vouchers can often delay ticketing at nwa.com.

Edited to add, I just confirmed on both sets of tix with AZ-operated segments that the original purchase confirmation is indicating paper ticket delivery.

Last edited by channa; Sep 3, 2005 at 5:25 pm
Old Sep 3, 2005, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by channa
Do you have any codeshares (other than NW/KL operated)? I wonder if things like Alitalia codeshares are delaying ticketing, or perhaps causing paper tix to be issued.

I know of one set of tix with an AZ-operated flight that doesn't show as being ticketed.

And mine has both AZ-operated flights AND is using a NWA voucher. Vouchers can often delay ticketing at nwa.com.

Edited to add, I just confirmed on both sets of tix with AZ-operated segments that the original purchase confirmation is indicating paper ticket delivery.
One segment is KLM/AlItalia operated (AZ), the rest are KML/NW operated. They indicated my ticket will be a paper ticket. I booked on NWA.com.
Old Sep 3, 2005, 6:00 pm

I just noticed there's no meal on the overseas return flight

I'll have to pack a lunch/dinner. I've never seen a 9 hour flight with no meal before. I'd be mighty grumpy after 9+ hours with no food.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.