FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - [Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)
Old Sep 3, 2005, 3:59 pm
tcook052
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: HH Silver
Originally Posted by bhatnasx
Interesting, not to create a huge debate or anything, but NW's Contract of Carriage specifically states:

ERRONEOUS FARES
NORTHWEST WILL EXERCISE REASONABLE EFFORTS TO ENSURE
THAT ALL FARES IT PUBLISHES ARE ACCURATE AND
AVAILABLE FOR SALE, BUT NORTHWEST, AS A POLICY, DOES NOT
FILE NOR INTEND TO FILE TICKETS PRICED AT A ZERO FARE.
IN THE EVENT THAT AN ERRONEOUS ZERO FARE IS
INADVERTENTLY PUBLISHED FOR SALE AND A TICKET IS ISSUED
AT THE ERRONEOUS FARE BEFORE IT HAS BEEN CORRECTED,
NORTHWEST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO CANCEL THE TICKET
PURCHASE AND REFUND ALL AMOUNTS PAID BY THE
PURCHASER OR, AT THE PURCHASER'S OPTION, TO REISSUE
THE TICKET FOR THE CORRECT FARE.

As this was open for several hours in the early hours of the morning, I doubt too many were sold - although this fare was pushed over to FatWallet & SlickDeals - and who knows how many other deal sites. So it's impossible to determine the actual number or even estimate based on views of this thread how many people actually booked these tickets from various cities. I wonder how they'll respond to this. Sure, as they've gotten a lot of bad publicity recently, they would probably honor it - but as they're low on $$$, they may not honor it. I'm sure those that bought through Travelocity will be protected (and I wonder how long TL's guarantee is going to be out there - and if it really has encouraged business or if it's just something that has encouraged people to book with them when they find sketchy fares) - but those that bought direct from NW may be at a little more of a loss. I wonder if they regard this as a 0.00 fare or if's considered to be a non-0.00 fare since its got fuel surcharges tacked on to it?

I didn't book this trip - although I saw it around 3AM & woke up some folks that did book it - but good luck to all those that did book. I kind of wish the fare was available on weekends as this would have been a great way to blow a weekend. Too much opportunity & not enough PTO!
As a Mod., don't tell me you're encouraging the will they or won't they honor debate that starts after every misprice/misload.