Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

[Fare Gone] Various US cities to Euro cities 95-115++ on NW (MXP/MUC/ZRH/MAD)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by patrickATX
Just verifying here on my ticket to Munich...

The flight was bought on NWA.com, is on NW metal for 4 of the 6 legs, is on KL Metal for the other two, and is a domestic H class and international V class fare.

I believe that I will get DL mileage credit for the NW part of the trip (to AMS and back) and none for the KL part of the trip (AMS-MUC-AMS) that is V class.

Does that sound right?

It appears so: https://www.delta.com/skymiles/ways_...ners/index.jsp

You can always credit your KL flights to another program.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 10:56 pm

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by channa

I think it appears so, too, I read that link before posting. I guess I was mostly verifying that what I stated is what they do on a multi-carrier itenerary.

I have never had to deal with a multi-carrier itenerary before. How do I get the KL flights under a different FF plan? Online on nwa.com, I only see where to put in the FF# for all flights. Do I call NW?

Thanks to the OP for this, I am glad so many of us were able to ticket to Europe. Hopefully, we will all enjoy wonderful times and report back on this thread how much the OP improved our lives.
Old Sep 4, 2005, 11:37 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by BaliParis
How/where do you find these cheap fares? I would love to find... DTW on NW.
I found it on travelocity... but, as reported by others, it's now gone.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 1:36 am

Programs: AA EXP UA 2KMM AMB
Originally Posted by channa

Since I have never flown Northwest, I was planning to credit my KL flights to MUC to Delta in hopes of adding to some of my orphan miles with DL, but alas, looking at the Delta forums, it appears there are limitation on fare types that actually earn miles and V fares are one of those that do not earn miles .

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=43

Can anybody confirm this? And does the above also apply even on KL flights with NW flight numbers?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:00 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by jef7
Since I have never flown Northwest, I was planning to credit my KL flights to MUC to Delta in hopes of adding to some of my orphan miles with DL, but alas, looking at the Delta forums, it appears there are limitation on fare types that actually earn miles and V fares are one of those that do not earn miles .

http://flyertalk.com/forum/showpost....5&postcount=43

Can anybody confirm this? And does the above also apply even on KL flights with NW flight numbers?
NW flight numbers (even when operated by KLM) credited fine to DL earlier this year despite what is a fare issue when the same KL-operated flights are KL-coded.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:21 am

Programs: TSA Disparager Silver (but quickly rising)
Multiple airlines

Hmmm. Is it possible to accrue SEA-AMS (NW) on Alaska Air and then switch the mileage number to NW for AMS-SVO (KL) with an agent at AMS? Then switch back to AS on the return trip through AMS? Shame KLM doesn't let you accrue on AS anymore...
Old Sep 5, 2005, 2:48 am

Originally Posted by gqsewertube
Hmmm. Is it possible to accrue SEA-AMS (NW) on Alaska Air and then switch the mileage number to NW for AMS-SVO (KL) with an agent at AMS? Then switch back to AS on the return trip through AMS? Shame KLM doesn't let you accrue on AS anymore...
Or more daring you could not punch in a mileage number and send the boarding passes in to the respective airlines after the trip?

Definitely a bummer for AS to lose KLM.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 3:42 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by gqsewertube
I find requesting retroactive credit to be better.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:06 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
Tickets seem ok to me so far...

My credit card has been charged.

I reconfirmed the two travelocity.com tickets on nwa.com.

All 4 tickets (two from nwa.com) show up on nwa.com. I was able to add my frequent flyer numbers and get SFO-AMS seat assignments to bulkhead aisles with a live NWA rep with no funny questions.

Looks good so far...
It does look like NWA collects the $110 fuel, but I didn't get the $20 Europe or $0 Fiji/Iceland mistakes...so still a teensy nervous.

I'm waiting a few weeks before cancelling my other 2 airline flights to take these cheaper trips.

Thanks everyone at FlyerTalk!!! Already looking for fun trips in Zurich. :-)
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:12 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by mitchell
My credit card has been charged.

I reconfirmed the two travelocity.com tickets on nwa.com.

All 4 tickets (two from nwa.com) show up on nwa.com. I was able to add my frequent flyer numbers and get SFO-AMS seat assignments to bulkhead aisles with a live NWA rep with no funny questions.

Looks good so far...
It does look like NWA collects the $110 fuel, but I didn't get the $20 Europe or $0 Fiji/Iceland mistakes...so still a teensy nervous.

I'm waiting a few weeks before cancelling my other 2 airline flights to take these cheaper trips.

Thanks everyone at FlyerTalk!!! Already looking for fun trips in Zurich. :-)
Off to Zurich too? I as well am leaving from SFO, but going SFO-DTW-AMS-ZRH and ZRH-AMS-MSP-SFO

The DTW-AMS flight should be especially good
Old Sep 5, 2005, 10:29 pm

Programs: Almost all status expired. Hilton Silver. UA 0.8 MM. AA 0.6 MM.
KLM flights can be credited to CO for 100% EQM

I've been able to use my "NonePass" miles for many free trips. But I also don't use award miles for business-class international...

It's been easier to find award travel on CO/NW/DL with CO miles. Using my NW/DL miles is either more miles or less flight availability.

Just my experience. NW/DL elites might find it different.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:00 pm

Programs: GSA City-Pair; emeritus AS MVPG/UA 1K/US Plat, etc.
Selected my seats on outbound and return legs on the phone with an NWA representative with no problems at all. Next stop, Munich!

11/16-17/05 - SFO-AMS-MUC on KL 763 and 733
11/22/05 - MUC-AMS-SFO on KL 733 and M11

Last edited by FCYTravis; Sep 5, 2005 at 11:02 pm
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:16 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA, WN, DL
NWA Cancelled My Trip!

My ticket to Milan was cancelled. I originally emailed them to inquire about the status of the tickets, since it didn't seem to ticket. No response except to wait 24-48 hours. Then followed up with another email and they said they were looking into it. I finally got back to the US and called NWA directly. The supervisor said it was a zero fare and had cancelled it!

She said I needed to talk to Customer Service.

Anyone else had this problem and provide possible approach to salvage this?
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld
My ticket to Milan was cancelled. I originally emailed them to inquire about the status of the tickets, since it didn't seem to ticket. No response except to wait 24-48 hours. Then followed up with another email and they said they were looking into it. I finally got back to the US and called NWA directly. The supervisor said it was a zero fare and had cancelled it!

She said I needed to talk to Customer Service.

Anyone else had this problem and provide possible approach to salvage this?
Why did you draw so much attention to this? It could have been a paper ticket, and the next business day to ship it is Tuesday anyway. Multiple emails in 72 hours seems like a bit much.
Old Sep 5, 2005, 11:38 pm

Programs: DL Plat, NW Plat(x2), BMI Gold, IC Ambassador, etc
If it was on AZ they would have to paper ticket. Solution - don't call next time - you'r ejust drawing attention to yourself and we all know not to do that don't we?

Originally Posted by luv2ctheworld

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.