Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2014, 3:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC
3.95 cpm with elite minimum. Seems like including LAX on the return segment minimized cpm. May be available from other midwestern airports

Old Aug 19, 2014, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HH Gold, Hyatt Globalist, IC Plat, SPG Gold
That's a pretty good deal for 24237 EQMs.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 5:18 pm

NRT and CGK

I booked this pqm run on united in October.

I change planes to ANA in NRT with 90 layover. Do I need to clear customs.

I then land in CGK AT 1130pm and depart at 630am. Would I need to clear customs or could I stay in lounge? Do you need a VISA? Will they frown upon a mileage fun at customs? Any inexpensive places to sleep nearby or suggestions. I don't have time to enjoy the scenery as this is a pqm run.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 6:44 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by dts9
I booked this pqm run on united in October.

I change planes to ANA in NRT with 90 layover. Do I need to clear customs.

I then land in CGK AT 1130pm and depart at 630am. Would I need to clear customs or could I stay in lounge? Do you need a VISA? Will they frown upon a mileage fun at customs? Any inexpensive places to sleep nearby or suggestions. I don't have time to enjoy the scenery as this is a pqm run.
If you have an onward boarding pass I would not assume you need to clear customs at either NRT or CGK. I haven't been to either, but usually if you're connecting through you can stay airside. Once you're at CGK (e.g.) just go with everyone else who is transiting. You have an onward flight to NRT.

Lounges may not be open that late at CGK... The OneWorld Lounge is not, at least, until 5am according to website.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
If you have an onward boarding pass I would not assume you need to clear customs at either NRT or CGK. I haven't been to either, but usually if you're connecting through you can stay airside. Once you're at CGK (e.g.) just go with everyone else who is transiting. You have an onward flight to NRT.

Lounges may not be open that late at CGK... The OneWorld Lounge is not, at least, until 5am according to website.
Yeah, transit in NRT is super easy and quick. One of the better airports in the world in that regard.

As for CGK, if you do need to go through immigration and not just transit, it is $35 for visa on arrival (USD only accepted).
Old Aug 20, 2014, 3:16 pm

I have a Mileage Plus PQM run that gets into CGK at 1130pm and departs at 630am. No luggage just carry on. Would I need to clear immigration or is it possible to wait overnight in a transit area.... thanks.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 5:47 pm

Originally Posted by usmsbow
As for CGK, if you do need to go through immigration and not just transit, it is $35 for visa on arrival (USD only accepted).
According this web page Visa on arrival for 7 days is $15.

http://indonesiachicago.info/index.p...mid=70&lang=en
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by aglp2k
According this web page Visa on arrival for 7 days is $15.

http://indonesiachicago.info/index.p...mid=70&lang=en
That is only available in designated places in Indonesia. I don't believe Jakarta is one of them. I've only flown into Surabaya and I know you cannot get one there. According to this link, only two places in indo have it: http://www.east-indonesia.info/plann...rmalities.html
Old Aug 20, 2014, 6:37 pm

There is also a 150,000 idr (a little under $15) departure tax for international flights.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 7:12 pm

Programs: UA 1K/3MM, AA EXP/3MM, DL MM, former fan of TWA
There is no real transit area at CGK. There is a Garuda transfer desk, and maybe half a dozen chairs nearby. I am not sure if that part of the airport is even open at night. If you decide to go through immigration and customs, it is not the kind of place you would want to spend the night. It is dreary and bleak and just not a very nice place.

There is/was an airport transit hotel, but it is closed for renovation with no announced opening date (as far as I can tell).

For citizens of many countries (including the USA), there is a visa on arrival that costs 35 USD. Dollars are accepted. As noted, there is a departure tax - for that, the airline with which I flew (CX) wanted that paid in local currency. There are ATMs all around the airport.

For the 11:30pm - 6:30am transit, I would plan on clearing immigration and customs, and finding some place to stay near the airport.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:31 am
Suspended

Programs: A3, AA. Plasticy things! That give me, y'know, Stuff!
Originally Posted by gary_nj
For the 11:30pm - 6:30am transit, I would plan on clearing immigration and customs, and finding some place to stay near the airport.
There are half a dozen hotels near the airport. Google the airport itself and then simply search for hotels nearby and go from there. I know a couple of people doing this as a MR, myself included, are staying at the FM7 hotel next to the airport. It's cheap, it's close, you don't have to deal with traffic, and we'll soon find out if it's any good.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 10:43 am

I am doing an MR next week (arrive in CGK on 8/31 at 1:00 am on JL and leave at 2:35 PM same day on CX) and booked at the airport Sheraton for 3k SPG points. PM if any going on same date and interested in meeting up.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 4:29 pm

So as long as I have DFW-HKG-DFW in my itinerary with at least that segment being a Q fare, I should be getting the 5,000 bonus right? When I try to add some segments to maximize my MR, some segments come up as S fare, so just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:30 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, AA EXP
Originally Posted by nowstime
So as long as I have DFW-HKG-DFW in my itinerary with at least that segment being a Q fare, I should be getting the 5,000 bonus right? When I try to add some segments to maximize my MR, some segments come up as S fare, so just wanted to make sure before I pull the trigger.
G,S,N,Q all earn the 5k bonus
Old Aug 21, 2014, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
G,S,N,Q all earn the 5k bonus
Thanks...don't know why I missed the S among the fares...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.