Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:51 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by mikelat
It says you'll get credit, but it doesn't state explicitly that you'll get 100% credit or that its credited just as a US flight.

The AA page at
http://www.aa.com/i18n/aboutUs/codes...tners/main.jsp

states:

So it's a bit more explicit that you get miles just as if on an AA flight.
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
People from US Air sub forum are reporting differently though. Their mileage is being posted and then reversed. SO it got me wondering if this is an issue of merger integration being incomplete or policies are still different on partners earnings.
See my post HERE where my JL-operated AA codeshare credited as if it were AA.

My experience on this itin... I was booked CX to CGK, JL back. CX did a last minute equipment swap to an A330 and I was bumped to premium economy, so no complaints. JL morning flight was EMPTY, and noticed several other people traveling 'light' continuing onward to DFW on AA. Both CX and JL were great, but the empty JL flight made it stellar service!
Old Nov 27, 2014, 9:39 pm

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
Does anyone know if you will still get full mileage credit if you upgrade your JL-operated AA-marketed flight Y seat to a Y+ seat?

Also, has anyone stayed in Jakarta during the MR and have any recommendations on what to do?
Old Nov 27, 2014, 10:39 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT; HH Diamond; AS 75K
Originally Posted by brewdog11
Does anyone know if you will still get full mileage credit if you upgrade your JL-operated AA-marketed flight Y seat to a Y+ seat?

Also, has anyone stayed in Jakarta during the MR and have any recommendations on what to do?
My experience is that JL won't touch a ticket issued by AA if you want to upgrade. They will ask you to contact AA.

If you golf and stay at the airport Sheraton the golf course there is outstanding. Expensive on weekends though.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 5:26 am

You mean the buy up to Premium Economy at the airport that they offer for $200? No, you will be credited according to your purchased cabin.
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL Silver

Regarding JL, unsure why anyone would want to do this. As has been reported here by me and many others, the NRT-CGK flights have been running with extremely low load factors. I shared the Y cabin in a 767 with only 20-25 other px both ways - YMMV
Old Nov 28, 2014, 1:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Originally Posted by scholity
Regarding JL, unsure why anyone would want to do this. As has been reported here by me and many others, the NRT-CGK flights have been running with extremely low load factors. I shared the Y cabin in a 767 with only 20-25 other px both ways - YMMV
True that YMMV. I'm 6'1" and 240#. Even with an entire row on the 767, I had to lay on my side curled up in a fetal position so my legs would not block the aisle. That was not a good sleep for me.

The Y+ on the 777 had enough recline so I could sleep quite well on my back. $200 USD for a 7+ hour overnight flight is not bad IMO, even though it takes the fare out of true MR category-but so would my buying stickers on a sub 4 hour trip to SFO on a MR, which I never passed up.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:22 pm

Hey everyone - I'm in the middle of my return on this trip - I did cle-dfw-nrt-cgk and back. I just wanted to give some updates from my experience. I am a UsAir flyer and I can confirm no issues with crediting elite miles to my DM account on all legs (including the JAL leg codeshared as an AA number) my JAL flight on the way out was super empty in economy... most everyone had a row to themselves. (this was on a 767 so its 2-3-2) On the return it was a bit more filled (777-3ER) but the agents at CGK did block the seats beside me so I could guarantee a 3 seat "bed". (I'm OW emerald) I honestly find sleeping in these just about as good as a flat bed biz/first seat. For my hotel stay I ended up doing the swiss-bellinn. The driver was waiting for me at the airport - albeit not at the spot they told me the day before. (my flight got in 3 hours late due to fog in narita which delayed us at the gate for 4 hours) Luckily I was able to get a wifi connection to work long enough to call the hotel via Skype. Within moments the driver walked over to where I told them I was and was ready to take me to the hotel. My layover in CGK was scheduled to be 0100 - 2125. ended up bing 0400-2125.. which I slept most of in the hotel. another note is that while i'm sure I ended up over paying.. I paid 40$ use and got back 52000idr as 'change' for the VOA. then at check in I used 50000idr plus 10$ usd to get the departure tax paid. (150000idr) this was certainly easier than ATMS. I even tried to use one to get the departure tax... i told my bank i'd be in indonesia but it still failed on multiple atms. This is a good backup in case you don't have any other access to getting IDR / don't trust the ATMS. Let me know if you have any other questions from my experience and wish me luck on my remaining return!
Old Dec 1, 2014, 12:59 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
I am gonna fly one quick MR to close out the year. LAX-DFW-NRT-CGK and back this weekend with 5.5 hr in CGK. Anyone else flying this this weekend?
Old Dec 1, 2014, 7:43 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum, Hilton Diamond

I upgraded AA/JL CGK-NRT at the airport. Full credit to AA and worth the $200, IMO.
Old Dec 1, 2014, 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by MsSTL
I upgraded AA/JL CGK-NRT at the airport. Full credit to AA and worth the $200, IMO.
Really? You received the 10% RDM bonus and 1.5 EQP? This is not how it's supposed to work AFAIK.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 1:22 pm

I stayed at Alila Jakarta. Executive lounge room $176 for 2 nights. Took taxi to Old Batavia and Kota for museums and crowd scene. recommend take unlocked GSM phone and get SIM at airport for calling taxis. I didn't do this and had to take city bus back to hotel. There are several ATM machines in the area after immigration and before baggage claim for getting cash. Bluebird taxi line was long at 2pm. Visa On Arrival accepted charge card, $36.80 after upcharge on my cc bill. Silverbird is bookable at desk after baggage claim and before exit doors. Be aware there are two exit doors from customs to the curbside; if you are being met. Taxi touts everywhere. Damri bus to Gambir is cheaper and you have to walk a long way to the far left past the last airport terminal door to the Damri terminal.

Last edited by mmthomas44; Dec 2, 2014 at 1:33 pm
Old Dec 2, 2014, 6:17 pm

Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT., Marriott LT GLD
Originally Posted by Djokison
Really? You received the 10% RDM bonus and 1.5 EQP? This is not how it's supposed to work AFAIK.
Not me;

AMERICAN AIRLINES 8498 Y CGK NRT 3,614 3,614 7,228

Did get a weird "C" bonus on my ORD-DFW leg on a mad dog in F on a VIP.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 1:38 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by planecrashlaw
That's how it worked for me yesterday. Nice Junior Suite and a 1930 extended checkout helped make a brutal trip a bit easier.
Did you have to pay extra for that 1930 extended checkout? Or just a nice Plat treat
Old Jan 4, 2015, 7:27 am

Programs: AA EXP, IHG PLT, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Explorist, Amtrak, WN
What is CGK airport like when arriving at 0100? I ask mostly because I really don't have a hotel room until that night, so I don't know how long I'll be around.
Old Jan 4, 2015, 10:02 am

Programs: Delta Plat, former AA EXP, AS Gold, SPG Gold, IHG Plat.
What is CGK airport like when arriving at 0100? I ask mostly because I really don't have a hotel room until that night, so I don't know how long I'll be around.
It was very quiet when I arrived there at 1:00am in Oct. A few taxi touts lazing around once you get through cutoms, but easy to find the Bluebird/Silverbird desk and book a taxi into town. Traffic was very light on the expressway route that time of night. I made it to my hotel in about 30/40 minutes.

BTW - I found the Holiday Inn Express Thamrin conveniently located and decent quality at a reasonable price. There's another one a mile or two away also.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.