Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Mileage Run Deals
Reload this Page >

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA: ORD-DFW-HKG-CGK (Jakarta) r/t ~$920 in Sept/Oct (4.2 cpm)

Search this Thread

Old May 1, 2015, 11:46 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by ericgdukie44
Had a VERY similar thing happen last October.

My routing was LAX-DFW-NRT-CGK-NRT-DFW-LAX.. Got to DFW and the DFW-NRT was delayed (don't know why). Ended up flying back to LAX on AA, then was supposed to go LAX-HKG-CGK on CX and pick up my itinerary there. But then it turned out I would miss the CGK-NRT anyway, so they flew me LAX-HKG-NRT on CX, and then i flew NRT-DFW-LAX on AA metal to finish, I never even made it to CGK, my purported original destination AND I got a little extra time in Tokyo to explore!

I got all my original routed miles plus a couple of bonuses they were running. Then I also got miles from CX (similar to how you got them from United) for the LAX-HKG-NRT that I flew with them. Now, here's the fun part: it was booked into Y on CX, which means i got full mileage credit. Further, I credited my CX flights to AA. So I ended up with Original Routing Credit as if I had flown my original itinerary, got all the bonuses, and got an additional 9,100 EQM from my CX flights, which is 18,200 RDMs. Further, the 9,100 EQM qualified me for EXP, saving me another mini-domestic mileage run at the end of the year.
Well I'm in this exact scenario now stuck in DFW (delayed 5 hours) although the agent won't rebook me into CX J, saying my upgrade cannot be protected on partners. I've read otherwise so I guess it's ymmv. What I'm trying to confirm if I head to LAX and end there if they'll give me ORC, but they said it's a toss up.

To update, I finally was able to rebook into CX J, so I got sent back to LAX for it. Ended up scrapping CGK and heading to NRT for a direct flight home as well.

Last edited by frudd38; May 1, 2015 at 8:17 pm Reason: Update
Old May 3, 2015, 1:31 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by frudd38
Well I'm in this exact scenario now stuck in DFW (delayed 5 hours) although the agent won't rebook me into CX J, saying my upgrade cannot be protected on partners. I've read otherwise so I guess it's ymmv. What I'm trying to confirm if I head to LAX and end there if they'll give me ORC, but they said it's a toss up.

To update, I finally was able to rebook into CX J, so I got sent back to LAX for it. Ended up scrapping CGK and heading to NRT for a direct flight home as well.
Glad you got rebooked in J. Let us know if you get ORC
Old May 3, 2015, 3:01 pm

Originally Posted by MarkP24
Glad you got rebooked in J. Let us know if you get ORC
My altered segments have been posting while I probably have to call it in to get ORC, which I'm guessing they remove the altered segments. Not sure how the above poster was able to get both unless ORC was automatic.
Old May 3, 2015, 9:56 pm
formerly known as Tad's Broiled Steaks
Shangri-La Contributor Badge

I'll be in Jakarta June 9th and maybe the 8th if anyone's in town then.
Old May 4, 2015, 9:29 am
Moderator: CommunityBuzz!, OMNI, OMNI/PR, and OMNI/Games & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMM, AAMM & ExPlat, Marriott lifetime Plat, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BuildingMyBento
I'll be in Jakarta June 9th and maybe the 8th if anyone's in town then.
suggestion, post in CommunityBuzz where Flyertalk members meet up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

It seems $850-$1,000 is basically the going rate from US to CGK, was this fare that special? (not trying to be smart, honest question)
Old May 4, 2015, 9:40 am

Programs: UA Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Discoverist, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by Sweet Willie
suggestion, post in CommunityBuzz where Flyertalk members meet up: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/communitybuzz-380/

It seems $850-$1,000 is basically the going rate from US to CGK, was this fare that special? (not trying to be smart, honest question)
That's what I've found pretty consistently from many cities I've searched from as well.
Old May 4, 2015, 2:49 pm

Originally Posted by Sweet Willie

Mine was $757 for ~22k, ~3.4cpm, special? I don't know.
Old Jun 24, 2015, 11:03 am

Programs: UA Gold, BONVOY TIT
Looks like these fares are active next Feb too. $829 for ORD-NRT-CGK-NRT-ORD, closer to 900 for a stop in DFW or LAX. http://www.kayak.com/flights/ORD-CGK...-10/2016-02-21
Old Sep 8, 2015, 2:22 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Gold
Just finished another 19 hr turn with a friend from LAX. We also got upgraded on the new B787 ORD-NRT, pretty cool. after 7 of them, it will need to get significantly cheaper for me to book another one, i am tired of these.

Also did NOT get charged departure tax while my friend was dinged for it.
Old Sep 8, 2015, 3:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM - DL PM - OZ Diamond - Bonvoy LTT - Hyatt Glob - IHG Plat - National EE - Sixt Platinum
BTW, I'm seeing similar routings for Oct/Nov/Dec in the $750 and below range.

I was able to book LAX-DFW-HKG-SIN then CGK-NRT-ORD-LAX in November for $698 (I've got to be in the region anyway, hence the open jaw on mine)...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.