Wiki Posts
Search

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2019, 3:23 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by Snuggs
While I don't doubt there is a kernel of truth in the article, as a life long Chicagoan, I'll expect the system to be up and running around 2021. But then, I always was a little optimistic.
My best guess is around Memorial Day. But to hedge my bet, I won't say what year.
Old Dec 24, 2019, 5:03 am

Originally Posted by Snuggs
While I don't doubt there is a kernel of truth in the article, as a life long Chicagoan, I'll expect the system to be up and running around 2021. But then, I always was a little optimistic.
As a famous person once said...I know nothing, I am not here - I did not even get up this morning! - Sargent Schultz.

There is an end date in sight.
Old Feb 3, 2020, 9:25 pm

Just curious if there are any updates? I'll be connecting in ORD at the end of April and would like to try to do EOA for my GE renewal but without the ATS I'll only have a short time I can wait before having to worry about getting over to T3 to catch my flight home.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 6:06 am

Programs: UA MM
Originally Posted by LtKernelPanic
Just curious if there are any updates? I'll be connecting in ORD at the end of April and would like to try to do EOA for my GE renewal but without the ATS I'll only have a short time I can wait before having to worry about getting over to T3 to catch my flight home.
There have been reports of people recently seeing the new cars being tested on the system. Even if it's not in service by the end of April, most people have commented the busing system has been very fast the past few months.
Old Feb 4, 2020, 4:47 pm

That's encouraging. If the ATS is up and running I'd have about an hour before having to head to T3 but only 30-40 tops without.
Old Feb 18, 2020, 1:54 pm

Programs: AA exp 3mm Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by ords
As a famous person once said...I know nothing, I am not here - I did not even get up this morning! - Sargent Schultz.

There is an end date in sight.
Are there any updates?
Old Feb 29, 2020, 11:13 am

The busing operation will be in place for the summer season even when the train is back up and running.
Old Feb 29, 2020, 1:48 pm
Original Poster

The busing operation will be in place for the summer season even when the train is back up and running.
Does this imply another delay in the completion of the ATS work?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by cheltzel
Does this imply another delay in the completion of the ATS work?
Delay?
Old Mar 1, 2020, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Delay?
That's all I need to know.

But in all seriousness, thanks for keeping us as informed as you possibly can!
Snuggs likes this.
Old Mar 3, 2020, 4:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Honestly. They could have dynamited the whole thing and rebuilt from the ground up by now. But this is Chicago Illinois. The most corrupt city in the most corrupt state in the Union. That’s all anyone needs to know. It will be declared “done” someday but it will still be riddled with bugs and subpar construction. Then, we’ll pay to have it dug up again. Just like the tracks on the blue line to ORD. Replace them them with crap, deal with cars being flung from side to side for years, tear it up again and start anew. Lather, rinse, repeat.

I believe that in the case of the ATS some politically connected firm that never built anything similar got the low bid and now we have endless delays and cost overruns, likely beyond the final cost if a qualified firm had got the bid in the first place. Nothing will ever be decent since graft sucks so much money out of the process. Money that should go to the project. Really sad. But it just goes on and on and on.

Last edited by milepig; Mar 3, 2020 at 5:00 pm
Old Mar 11, 2020, 5:02 pm

Programs: UA MM
From a quick conversation with the nice ladies at the ORD info desk: The ATS was to be running this month then it was pushed to June and, now, more likely November. Appears on a test run the doors magically opened on their own. Uh oh.
Old Mar 23, 2020, 9:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Any work continuing on the ATS?

David
Old Mar 25, 2020, 3:25 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by DELee
Any work continuing on the ATS?

David
Are you meaning to ask if the public health lockdown in Chicago is putting a complete halt to work on the ATS? That’s a good question too, but these ATS delays seem to have their own life with or without an excuse from the current restrictions applicable to people in Chicago.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:40 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by GUWonder
Are you meaning to ask if the public health lockdown in Chicago is putting a complete halt to work on the ATS? That’s a good question too, but these ATS delays seem to have their own life with or without an excuse from the current restrictions applicable to people in Chicago.
Can't speak specifically for the ATS, but my brother-in-law is an engineer who is primarily involved in road & bridge construction in Chicago. He, and associated construction crews, are considered "essential employees" and he continues to work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.