Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2021, 5:51 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
We'll have the train back this century? Yay!!
I usually enjoy a nice two week vacation now and then. Granted, that could shift a day or two depending on how the boss feels.
legalalien likes this.
Old Oct 29, 2021, 7:46 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Well ... things seem to be happening: https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/ohares-airport-train-nearing-long-awaited-reopening/

'Airport officials would not reveal the specific re-opening date but a media preview is planned for Tuesday with passenger service expected to resume “soon” after that, according to an airport spokesperson."
Old Oct 30, 2021, 12:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Well ... things seem to be happening: https://wgntv.com/news/chicago-news/ohares-airport-train-nearing-long-awaited-reopening/

'Airport officials would not reveal the specific re-opening date but a media preview is planned for Tuesday with passenger service expected to resume “soon” after that, according to an airport spokesperson."
"Soon" or "Soon Soon" or "later" or "fuggetaboutit"?

David
Old Oct 30, 2021, 3:09 am

November 3 starting at 10:30am

it will run 10 hours per day 10:30-20:30 daily. Busses will run the other hours. Phased approach with it being 24/7 by February.
GUWonder, legalalien and JimInOhio like this.
Old Oct 30, 2021, 5:07 am

Originally Posted by ords
November 3 starting at 10:30am.
What a coincidence! I actually have a flight on November 3. Might go to the airport earlier to test the train out.
JimInOhio likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2021, 12:39 pm

https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...situpdate.aspx

Looks like buses will continue 24/7 for now, even while the ATS is running:

"To aid in the transition, shuttle bus service will continue to provide 24/7 service as an additional option for passengers to get to/from the Multi-Modal Rental Car Facility and all O'Hare departure terminals in a safe and reliable manner. "
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:25 am

A few minor hiccups at the MFF with doors, but overall running as intended. Clarification on signage (rental cars) and terminal announcements are being updated.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 5:52 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by threeoh
https://www.flychicago.com/ohare/Ser...situpdate.aspx

Looks like buses will continue 24/7 for now, even while the ATS is running:

"To aid in the transition, shuttle bus service will continue to provide 24/7 service as an additional option for passengers to get to/from the Multi-Modal Rental Car Facility and all O'Hare departure terminals in a safe and reliable manner. "
A good thing to keep the redundancy. The last thing needed when flights are what they are in the US nowadays: a major surprise outage of transfer service for those needing to go quickly between Terminal 1/2/3 and Terminal 5. And with T5 headed to get busier and winter on the horizon, I hope they plan to keep substantial redundancy capacity for this until after we see how the ATS holds up when the winter freezes and snows have hit hard.
cheltzel likes this.
Old Nov 5, 2021, 6:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by GUWonder
A good thing to keep the redundancy. The last thing needed when flights are what they are in the US nowadays: a major surprise outage of transfer service for those needing to go quickly between Terminal 1/2/3 and Terminal 5. And with T5 headed to get busier and winter on the horizon, I hope they plan to keep substantial redundancy capacity for this until after we see how the ATS holds up when the winter freezes and snows have hit hard.
+1

I am sure they can scale back on the bus service if the new ATS works out and is robust, reliable, etc.
Old Nov 19, 2021, 7:47 am

Programs: UA MM
Here's a YouTube link to a WGN-TV news report on the eve of the ATS reopening a couple weeks ago:

Old Dec 10, 2021, 5:58 am

ATS is now operating 12 hours a day. 10:30-22:30.
GUWonder, BCH and legalalien like this.
Old Dec 11, 2021, 8:18 pm

Originally Posted by ords
ATS is now operating 12 hours a day. 10:30-22:30.
During the holidays or beyond Jan 1, too?
Old Dec 12, 2021, 5:47 am

Programs: UA MM
During the holidays or beyond Jan 1, too?
This is what's posted on O'Hare's official website:

"ATS service is operating 10:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. daily. Over the coming weeks, we expect to expand the days/times of operation with the goal of returning to full-time operations in early 2022."
legalalien likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2022, 9:26 pm

Programs: Mileage Plus Global Services 2MM
Originally Posted by JimInOhio
This is what's posted on O'Hare's official website:

"ATS service is operating 10:30 a.m.-10:30 p.m. daily. Over the coming weeks, we expect to expand the days/times of operation with the goal of returning to full-time operations in early 2022."
Any update or specificity on "early 2022"? I'm needing to go from T1 to rental car facility around 8 am and have found the bus slow and sometimes unreliable at that hour.
Old Feb 3, 2022, 5:54 am

Originally Posted by bluedemon211
Any update or specificity on "early 2022"? I'm needing to go from T1 to rental car facility around 8 am and have found the bus slow and sometimes unreliable at that hour.
What month?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.