Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Total shutdown of ATS at ORD May 30

Search this Thread

Old Apr 27, 2023, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Amargolis
Interesting point on it potentially being an Innovia feature or a train-to-platform clearance issue. Would be great to just blow right by it.
Wish they could fix this! It bugs me every single time I take the ATS to the MMF. I don't understand why they didn't just tear down the station during the ATS work or MMF construction. .

On another note, the signage to find the ATS from the terminal is still terrible; the automated announcements on-board are hard to decipher, and the "TRAIN BOARDING" signs could use an update. When the train is boarding, you can't tell via the sign where it's going.
"TRAIN BOARDING" is possible the least helpful thing for the sign to display, it's usually pretty obvious that the train is there and doors are open, etc.

It would be much more helpful to say where the train is going.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 11:08 pm

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by threeoh
"TRAIN BOARDING" is possible the least helpful thing for the sign to display, it's usually pretty obvious that the train is there and doors are open, etc.

It would be much more helpful to say where the train is going.
I've also observed the "Doors closing" announcement going for a few minutes, which clearly defeats the purpose of it. Also, yesterday on my trip from T1 to Lot F there was a (male) announcement that "the train is going out of service; do not board the train", but it was ignored by passengers and the train made it to the final destination without incident. Go figure.
threeoh likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 6:37 am

Originally Posted by legalalien
I've also observed the "Doors closing" announcement going for a few minutes, which clearly defeats the purpose of it. Also, yesterday on my trip from T1 to Lot F there was a (male) announcement that "the train is going out of service; do not board the train", but it was ignored by passengers and the train made it to the final destination without incident. Go figure.
I've raised the door closing issue with the powers that be and they're aware the timing is off. What they're doing about it, is another story. T5 signage coming out of the FIS is a disaster. There's solutions being presented but no one wants to make a decision which is the best one, and in the meantime Rome burns...
legalalien likes this.
Old May 1, 2023, 1:52 pm

Programs: WN A list, UA Gold, AA Gold, Marriott LT Gold, IHG Platinum, National EE, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ords
I've raised the door closing issue with the powers that be and they're aware the timing is off. What they're doing about it, is another story. T5 signage coming out of the FIS is a disaster. There's solutions being presented but no one wants to make a decision which is the best one, and in the meantime Rome burns...
Are there plans to demolish or move the old economy lot station that is underneath the flight path of runway 27C? Why wasn't anything done with it while the system was under construction?
Old Dec 20, 2023, 5:01 pm

Programs: UA Pt, Marriott Ti, Hertz PC
Anyone know how it is going from the O'hare Transfer station on the Metra line to the MMF and ATS train? I assume it's just a short walk, based on the google maps satellite view.
Is the ATS running pretty reliably these days? I have very little slack on the front end to get to my flight, so hoping it's all on time.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 3:11 am

Programs: UA MM, AA PPro
Originally Posted by gobluetwo
Anyone know how it is going from the O'hare Transfer station on the Metra line to the MMF and ATS train? I assume it's just a short walk, based on the google maps satellite view.
Is the ATS running pretty reliably these days? I have very little slack on the front end to get to my flight, so hoping it's all on time.
It's a short walk on a paved walkway, 5 minutes at most. The walkway is not covered, so keep that on mind if rain or snow are in the forecast.

IME, the trains have been running fairly reliably every 3 minutes or so, except for the late night/early morning hours. Budget about 20 minutes to get all the way to T1 from the Metra station.
gobluetwo likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 8:56 am

Don't worry, they will soon spend $5m covering the walkway.

Why this isn't an indoor climate controlled station integrated with the MMF is a total mystery to me.

But with 6 trains a day it's not really a popular way to get to/from ORD anyway.

gobluetwo likes this.
Old Dec 21, 2023, 4:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, GE
Originally Posted by threeoh
Don't worry, they will soon spend $5m covering the walkway.

Why this isn't an indoor climate controlled station integrated with the MMF is a total mystery to me.

But with 6 trains a day it's not really a popular way to get to/from ORD anyway.

And it doesn't operate on the weekends (link).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.