Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2016, 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by ginoa724
It would be a little bit quicker if they had an airport employee at PreCheck B to ensure pax had it on their BP. Every time I've used it since it reopened, there's a decent number of people who have NK/F9 and non-PreCheck BPs that clog up the ID check queue.
When there are enough Airport Ambassador volunteers (Gold Coats), one is usually stationed at B security asking passengers if they have pre-check. However, there are times when there are no Ambassadors available for this duty. The airport certainly does not have any extra employees to do this (they can't even adequately staff the information desk).
Old Sep 26, 2016, 8:47 pm

Originally Posted by guy44134
When there are enough Airport Ambassador volunteers (Gold Coats), one is usually stationed at B security asking passengers if they have pre-check. However, there are times when there are no Ambassadors available for this duty. The airport certainly does not have any extra employees to do this (they can't even adequately staff the information desk).
I've personally never seen the Gold Coats at the checkpoints. While I'm not privy to CLE's budget, one option could be to add the security gates often found at European airports. I'm sure they could easily be programmed to read the BP signature to verify PreCheck, and it would be more cost effective and secure than a staffing increase. Who knows, a crazy invention like this could eradicate the TSA ID check podiums!

Old Sep 28, 2016, 4:32 pm

Programs: UA Milage Plus
Just learned that Allegiant will use common use check-in counter space near checkpoint B and gates on the A concourse "for now" (per CLE's Facebook page).
That makes sense. CLE is getting all their ULLC carriers on the A concourse and moving American over to C.
Old Sep 30, 2016, 5:43 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Picking up a flight attendant friend at CLE tonight I noticed a sigh at the C security checkpoint

"Effective October 2, 2016 TSA will we opening an additional TSA pre lane at C checkpoint to help alleviate high TSA pre volume at CLE"

About freaking time if I say so myself....
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:11 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
Picking up a flight attendant friend at CLE tonight I noticed a sigh at the C security checkpoint

"Effective October 2, 2016 TSA will we opening an additional TSA pre lane at C checkpoint to help alleviate high TSA pre volume at CLE"

About freaking time if I say so myself....
It is about time. I've never had less than a 10 minute wait at B. I've often thought about going through the Premier lane at C instead of Pre.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:46 pm

Programs: United 1K, Marriott Ambassador, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by manneca
It is about time. I've never had less than a 10 minute wait at B. I've often thought about going through the Premier lane at C instead of Pre.
Can someone report back if/when this starts? I just went through security in CLE and did not see a sign for Pre at C (unless it was tiny). The regular line went all of the way past the UA counters to the Southwest area.

Pre @ B still took 15 minutes. Was a shorter wait in ORD last week... Unacceptable (IMO) for an airport the size of CLE.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 2:55 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE
Can someone report back if/when this starts? I just went through security in CLE and did not see a sign for Pre at C (unless it was tiny). The regular line went all of the way past the UA counters to the Southwest area.

Pre @ B still took 15 minutes. Was a shorter wait in ORD last week... Unacceptable (IMO) for an airport the size of CLE.
When I saw it, the sign was probably 24"x18" sitting on the floor leaning against one of the sanctions that formed the far edge of the queue (near the elevator down to baggage claim) -- if there was anyone in line I can see how it would be easily missed/moved/kicked over.

Fortunately or unfortunately it looks like I'm going to be grounded for October unless a last minute trip comes up soon.
Old Oct 2, 2016, 4:30 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE

It started today. However, I cannot figure out when exactly it is open. It was open around 11:30 a.m., but by 2:00 p.m. it was closed and only B PreCheck was open.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 7:13 am

Programs: UA Gold, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
Have no idea how relevant this is. I came in yesterday (Saturday) around 1:30 pm and noticed a pre check sign at the C entry--as far left as possible, where pre check has been, but almost at the id station. I was taking the escalator down to baggage claim, so I didn't see what signs might be out in the actual ticketing area where the signs to the entry to security usually are.

I'm hoping pre check will be permanently available at C. I'd hate to walk in from where the parking shuttles drop, past B, then to C and then have to turn back to B for pre check.
Old Oct 9, 2016, 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by manneca
Have no idea how relevant this is. I came in yesterday (Saturday) around 1:30 pm and noticed a pre check sign at the C entry--as far left as possible, where pre check has been, but almost at the id station. I was taking the escalator down to baggage claim, so I didn't see what signs might be out in the actual ticketing area where the signs to the entry to security usually are.

I'm hoping pre check will be permanently available at C. I'd hate to walk in from where the parking shuttles drop, past B, then to C and then have to turn back to B for pre check.
Pre-check at C was open today until 2:00 p.m. I can't seem to figure out a schedule. If you see the Pre-check sign posted at the entrance to the Priority/Premier line, then it is open.

Also noticed that CLE has hung new signs above (perpendicular to) each airline's ticket counters so that you can see each airline's position down both sides of the terminal. (I"d post a pic, but have no idea how).
Old Oct 9, 2016, 6:52 pm

Pre-check at C was open today until 2:00 p.m. I can't seem to figure out a schedule. If you see the Pre-check sign posted at the entrance to the Priority/Premier line, then it is open.

Also noticed that CLE has hung new signs above (perpendicular to) each airline's ticket counters so that you can see each airline's position down both sides of the terminal. (I"d post a pic, but have no idea how).
I noticed those signs while picking up a flight attendant friend (fiancée's cousin/doing an overnight in CLE) this evening -- they're new in the past week and look incredibly cheap/temporary/hastily implemented, IMO.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 6:38 pm

Take it for what it's worth but hearing that CLE and WOW Air have been in talks about starting service and bids are being submitted for the ground handling.
Old Oct 10, 2016, 10:14 pm

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 737MAX
Take it for what it's worth but hearing that CLE and WOW Air have been in talks about starting service and bids are being submitted for the ground handling.
Would be sweet; and useful as it would open a lot of 1-stop service to secondary European cities. The best thing would be that it should drive legacy fares down a bit. Even if it were only a few flights a week would be better than not.

I would rather AC just fly to YUL to open up more redemption options, they are flying jets (crjs)the whole 193 miles to yyz as of now (was on DH-1s for ages).
Old Oct 12, 2016, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by lincolnjkc
I noticed those signs while picking up a flight attendant friend (fiancée's cousin/doing an overnight in CLE) this evening -- they're new in the past week and look incredibly cheap/temporary/hastily implemented, IMO.
Just heard that C Pre-Check will only be open when B reaches capacity. So much for that 10 day "experiment."
Old Oct 17, 2016, 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by moops380
Would be sweet; and useful as it would open a lot of 1-stop service to secondary European cities. The best thing would be that it should drive legacy fares down a bit. Even if it were only a few flights a week would be better than not.
There was a lot of argument that Wow wouldn't serve a market like Cleveland over PHL or ORD because it wasn't "touristy" enough. Have they seen PHL?
Also, CLE has had direct EU service during the CO-era, so it wouldn't be too much of a stretch to think it would work again. Even PIT has a seasonal daily CDG flight...

I would rather AC just fly to YUL to open up more redemption options, they are flying jets (crjs)the whole 193 miles to yyz as of now (was on DH-1s for ages).
^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.