FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Midwest (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest-455/)
-   -   CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/midwest/1657720-cle-impact-other-airlines-gates-routes-equipment-etc-after-ua-de-hubbing.html)

paule123 Sep 28, 2015 10:18 am

Originally Posted by BasedinCLE (Post 25488828)
Isn't that just the Premier Access add-on that's been around for a while?

I'll bet that's it. So the premier lines will be even longer now...

CruiserCLE Oct 3, 2015 3:58 pm

Just wanted to throw out there, it appears tomorrow might be day 1 of UA only using the high C gates as it was rumored a while back. All morning departures (at least the mainline ones I looked up) are departing between C18 and C29. The rest of the C gates seem to not be scheduled, at least as of now... I will be in CLE and it will be interesting to see how "busy" that end of C looks with all of the morning mainline departures bunched together.

Regardless it poses an interesting question as to what will become of the rest of the C gates.

Also wanted to note, when I arrived in CLE on Friday, I noticed the D3 jetbridge was being installed at the Southwest gates on B (they had still left the D3 sign on top of it)... So I wonder what kind of deal UA made with either the city or Southwest for the jetbridges. Interesting changes in store for CLE!

DawgmanOH Oct 3, 2015 4:02 pm

I will second this from an anecdotal stand point. Flew out of C14 two days ago from CLE - EWR> That type was always out of a low number. No other flights were out of anything lower than C14.

CruiserCLE Oct 3, 2015 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by DawgmanOH (Post 25514118)
I will second this from an anecdotal stand point. Flew out of C14 two days ago from CLE - EWR> That type was always out of a low number. No other flights were out of anything lower than C14.

Interesting.. So maybe it was a phased in test or something. I figuref they would keep C14 and maybe C10 since they are close to the club but maybe we will get a better picture when Monday comes around with a full schedule.

This was just the first time I noticed every morning mainline departure was scheduled from the banjo gates so I figured the change must be happening

Edit to add: I see at least 2 mainline flights leaving from C18. That will be interesting considering the minimal seating in that area.

CLEContinental Oct 4, 2015 6:27 pm

Originally Posted by DawgmanOH (Post 25514118)

I flew out of C7 just yesterday (Sat afternoon) to ORD and landed at C17 this morning from ORD. As I walked through C this morning, saw people at the low United C gates (C3 and 7 I believe) waiting to board exactly as before. Not sure that I've seen any change whatsoever.

coplatua1k Oct 4, 2015 10:08 pm

B6 adding a third flight to BOS, in the spring. They will finally have an early departure and will overnight a plane at CLE to accommodate the early departure to BOS.
With WN adding a gate in B they wont be moving to C anytime soon. That leaves a great deal of empty gate space in C with the UA move is true.

RobS Oct 4, 2015 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE (Post 25514101)
Also wanted to note, when I arrived in CLE on Friday, I noticed the D3 jetbridge was being installed at the Southwest gates on B (they had still left the D3 sign on top of it)... So I wonder what kind of deal UA made with either the city or Southwest for the jetbridges. Interesting changes in store for CLE!

The D-3 bridge is going to Southwest at B-7, not one of their existing gates. I'm thinking they have some plans ...

FreqFlyerCLE Oct 5, 2015 12:08 pm

In CLE now and UA customer service center has moved temporarily to C17. A sign of things to come? There were a few flights UA out of lower C gates as usual but who knows...

paule123 Oct 5, 2015 12:15 pm

Looking at the departure board online, it looks like C10 is the only "low" gate being utilized, and every other UA flight is going out of C18+

http://www.flightview.com/airport/CL...-OH/departures

CruiserCLE Oct 5, 2015 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by paule123 (Post 25521154)
Looking at the departure board online, it looks like C10 is the only "low" gate being utilized, and every other UA flight is going out of C18+

That's what I observed the past two days, the only low C gate being used was C10, they didn't even have C14 in the rotation (unless I missed something).

And yes, it appears the CSC was relocated to C17 from it's old position down around C7 I think. Kind of makeshift setup using a podium from the gate but I guess it works.

oscar555 Oct 5, 2015 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by paule123 (Post 25521154)

That's what i'm seeing too.. it's so sad what they did to CLE :(

oscar555 Oct 5, 2015 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by CruiserCLE (Post 25514127)
Interesting.. So maybe it was a phased in test or something. I figuref they would keep C14 and maybe C10 since they are close to the club but maybe we will get a better picture when Monday comes around with a full schedule.

This was just the first time I noticed every morning mainline departure was scheduled from the banjo gates so I figured the change must be happening

Edit to add: I see at least 2 mainline flights leaving from C18. That will be interesting considering the minimal seating in that area.

I am still seeing departures/arrivals out of C10. I would think that C14 is in use as well.

oscar555 Oct 5, 2015 4:49 pm

Originally Posted by RobS (Post 25518537)
The D-3 bridge is going to Southwest at B-7, not one of their existing gates. I'm thinking they have some plans ...

I'd think it would have to be big plans since most of the time their gates are empty.

CleUnited Oct 5, 2015 5:04 pm

Back when UA was over on b concourse before the merger and moving C, B-7 was one of our gates we used and it was an overnight gate mostly where we would put a mainline there. I remember working the night the B-7 bridge actually broke. Electrics and the wheel motors blew completely taking it out of service. Has been sitting on stilts ever since that night. Repairs would have been the cost of an entire new bridge. The expression on my coworkers face when the thing shut itself down was kind of comical. I was ops and he was arrival gate agent.

So it's about time the city started to fix and scrap the old jumpy bridge...

Cle2Den

haddon90 Oct 5, 2015 5:12 pm

is great lakes brewing still in C? i try to go through CLE once a year cause i love transiting the airport but now it's becoming increasingly more difficult.