Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Destinations > America - USA > Midwest
Reload this Page >

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 24, 2015, 12:18 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: WineCountryUA
Print Wikipost

CLE - Impact of other airlines (gates, routes, equipment, & etc) after UA De-Hubbing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 13, 2021, 11:34 am

Programs: UA:1K 0.81M
Star wars plane at CLE today

It came in from MCO, going to TPA. On a PQF run for silver to be friend but can’t get her to switch from cle-iad to cle-tpa to fly it. Also, looks like a 767 parked at D.
guy44134 and gusd like this.

Last edited by 50Kthehardway; Nov 16, 2021 at 4:43 am
Old Nov 15, 2021, 12:31 pm
RNE

British Airways Wants To Fly To Indianapolis

I guess CLE is chopped liver.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 12:38 pm

Programs: AA US
Originally Posted by RNE
British Airways Wants To Fly To Indianapolis

I guess CLE is chopped liver.
I know nothing about Cleveland's chances, but I have heard that Indianapolis isn't a sure thing. The Indy airport says it knows nothing about future BA service and BA itslf has been mum. Declaring the slot usage just means the slot WILL be used. They slot owner can change the destination to anything he wants. It is speculated that the slot news could be a red herring to disguise temporarily BA's "real" plan for next summer.
JimInOhio and IndyHoosier like this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 5:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K 3MM, AA Plat, F9 Elite, the later two thanks to Jeff $, HHdia, Mgold, WynDia, Choicepl, IHGDia
Where to next?

Spirit Airlines planning expansion at Cleveland Hopkins airport (msn.com)
Old Nov 20, 2021, 6:31 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by coplatua1k
Some quality journalism there
*that more than doubles its gate and office space at Hopkins"

Immediately followed by "The additional space includes a second gate"

Yeah, I guess if you're starting with 1 gate, a second gate is "doubling" but it's a bit deceptive...

Meanwhile the USO has a a bagpiper in front of the UA ticket counter...
50Kthehardway likes this.
Old Nov 20, 2021, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Starbucks Gold, PF Chang's Warrior, Wine Century 100
Originally Posted by coplatua1k
Meh. After their summer 2-week+ meltdown plus the odds of having a passenger incident, I've written them off for any kind of business travel and even personal travel. One of our guys got screwed by the meltdown and had to book literally last minute on OAL. On the one successful flight he did make with them, there was a passenger incident before departure. The good thing is Sprit's fares and Frontier's have driven down UA's fares on their competitive routes so economy pax are getting a relatively good deal on UA and not have to deal with the drama of the ULCC.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:24 am
RNE

You couldn't pay me to fly a ULCC.

RNE, just saying.
Old Nov 21, 2021, 10:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RNE
You couldn't pay me to fly a ULCC.

RNE, just saying.
Not even United?

David
Old Nov 22, 2021, 8:49 am
RNE

Originally Posted by DELee
Not even United?
Touché. Anymore, I fly UA solely to burn award miles. I'm airline agnostic nowadays. Indeed, one of my last flights on UA will be in June to FAT.*

*As many of you know, we give our nephews a high school graduation gift of a vacation to anywhere (in the U.S.) they want to go. We also do this to promote the idea of air travel to those corn-fed Ohio boys. Past destinations were New York City, Hollywood, Hawaii, and the Grand Canyon. Our fifth and final nephew has chosen Sequoia National Park.**

**Hopefully, we won't have to dodge wildfires there like we had to in Arizona last summer.
Old Nov 22, 2021, 10:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by RNE
**Hopefully, we won't have to dodge wildfires there like we had to in Arizona last summer.
That just makes things more interesting: "See, it's wildfire season again in the Western United States!"

David
RNE likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2021, 4:41 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I was in Cleveland yesterday for work. Here's my mini trip report.

- I arrived at 10:30 AM on AA from ORD. It took 20 minutes for rampers to appear to marshal the aircraft to the gate. The pilot said they're short staffed.
- I had last been at CLE in March and I wasn't aware of the new ground transportation center. It's a long walk from the exit by the UA ticket counters. It's also badly signed. Frankly it seems like it's solving a problem that didn't exist by having buses pick up and drop off there instead of at the curb.
- I left at 7 PM on UA via IAD. The Club at CLE is open until 8 PM and is a nice lounge located over in B: The Club at CLE
- The United Club is open until 7:15 PM which accommodates the last two flights (IAD and EWR). Staff there remain great

Overall a nice little visit to what will always be The Hublet in my heart.
goodeats21 and plinth857 like this.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 4:25 pm

Programs: UA, AA Plat Pro, DL, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by CMK10
I arrived at 10:30 AM on AA from ORD. It took 20 minutes for rampers to appear to marshal the aircraft to the gate. The pilot said they're short staffed.
When I arrived from DFW on 11/21, we sat waiting for the marshaling for about 50 minutes. They even let us get up and go to the bathroom which NEVER happens before getting to the gate. I guess the Envoy hiring event hasn't yet borne fruit.
Old Nov 25, 2021, 6:18 pm

Programs: Honors LT Diamond; United 1K; Hertz PC
Originally Posted by plinth857
When I arrived from DFW on 11/21, we sat waiting for the marshaling for about 50 minutes. They even let us get up and go to the bathroom which NEVER happens before getting to the gate. I guess the Envoy hiring event hasn't yet borne fruit.
Seems like it's a problem at a lot of out stations -- I had a similar experience on UA (GoJet) in and out of Richmond last week -- and both sets of crews were making quite loud grumbling noises about it in front of passengers (my waits were ~35 minutes inbound and ~25 minutes outbound but the inbound FA and outbound captain referenced having waits >1 hour in the past few weeks).

Wife arrived CLE from LGA (started at DCA) on 11/20 and was waiting ~30 minutes... she didn't say anything about the seatbelt sign, etc. though
Old Nov 28, 2021, 10:00 am

Programs: United, Hilton, Marriott, Hertz, National
The Club

Visited The Club in Concourse B for the first time today. It’s a nice addition to the airport, in my opinion, especially if you have Priority Pass. It’s a small space, but the staff are very friendly and I’d say the complementary offerings on par with the United Club (pre-COVID).
guy44134 likes this.
Old Dec 2, 2021, 7:48 am
RNE

Originally Posted by BasedinCLE
Visited The Club in Concourse B... I’d say the complementary offerings on par with the United Club (pre-COVID).
That bad, huh?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.