Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:31 pm

Is the Courtyard convenient for the shuttles to Macau?
Old Jun 15, 2013, 5:53 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat
Originally Posted by joetro
Yes
Old Aug 22, 2013, 1:57 pm

Originally Posted by joetro
very close indeed. you can take the tram eastbound and it will drop you off right across from the terminal. Less than 10 mins from the hotel. if you see Sheung Wan MTR, you are one stop too far.

and on the way back, just hop on any tram westbound and you will be back to hotel in no time :-)
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:54 am
Suspended

Courtyard Hong Kong

I'm staying at the Courtyard in Hong Kong. Can anyone give me any feed back from the place? Using 2 free nights there.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 10:58 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
try reading..............
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...hong-kong.html

Originally Posted by sanfran8080
I'm staying at the Courtyard in Hong Kong. Can anyone give me any feed back from the place? Using 2 free nights there.
Old Aug 27, 2013, 3:54 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by sanfran8080
Originally Posted by BKKLEE
+1

Really, this entire thread is about all the HK MR properties. Pour your favorite libation and read through the 1000+ posts. Lots of feedback regarding CY and most likely your questions are answered here. But if not, ask something specific.

Note: There are now two CY's in HK, more or less...
Old Aug 28, 2013, 1:32 am

Programs: status free since 2017
Lots of pictures of JW Marriott Hong Kong from my recent trip.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21348360-post4.html

I wasn't being too wordy given the length of the report but it's a really impressive property.
Old Aug 28, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: Marriott, AAdvantage, United, Club Carlson
Originally Posted by carsnoceans
Lots of pictures of JW Marriott Hong Kong from my recent trip.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/21348360-post4.html

I wasn't being too wordy given the length of the report but it's a really impressive property.
Great report, thanks!

It looks like they switched the bathroom amenities since my visit in January 2013. They use to be Bulgari.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: delta,southwest--companion pass,hilton---diamond,marriott---gold,choice
hello i please need some help, i will be staying at the HONG KONG COURTYARD SHA TIN, next week, and wondered if it is convenient--spelling, to the airport, to disneyland, etc...??? in some previous posts i was reading about hongkong courtyard, is it this one, or the other courtyard??? is the hong kong courtyard sha tin close to where we need to go ot macao? as we are staying at the conrad in macao for 1 night..... thanks for the help.
Old Sep 4, 2013, 12:05 pm

Programs: MR Gold, LH FTL (*S), Hyatt Plat, HH Gold, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by kctigers
hello i please need some help, i will be staying at the HONG KONG COURTYARD SHA TIN, next week, and wondered if it is convenient--spelling, to the airport, to disneyland, etc...??? in some previous posts i was reading about hongkong courtyard, is it this one, or the other courtyard??? is the hong kong courtyard sha tin close to where we need to go ot macao? as we are staying at the conrad in macao for 1 night..... thanks for the help.
no, the Sha Tin is not convenient at all for all these spots.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Chris26WI
no, the Sha Tin is not convenient at all for all these spots.
Agree completely.

For disneyland and the airport I think the OP wants to stay at SkyCity.

For Macao Ferry I would stay at one of the hotels (non-marriott) in Kowloon such as the Royal Pacific or the Marco Polo which are connected or are close to the high speed ferry terminal in the basement.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 4:03 am

Programs: DL DM/MM, Marriott Plat Premier, HH Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agree completely.

For Macao Ferry I would stay at one of the hotels (non-marriott) in Kowloon such as the Royal Pacific or the Marco Polo which are connected or are close to the high speed ferry terminal in the basement.
Agree this CY is not "convenient" to where they want to get to but since they are already staying there, it is worth noting that public transportation (train/MTR) is quite good and inexpensive.

As for the ferry, the other CY on the main island offers free shuttle service to the terminal, maybe a 5 min ride.
Old Sep 5, 2013, 3:22 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
Agree completely.

The high speed ferry sometimes can have very bumpy rides or even not operating.

In any case the ferry terminal at the Hong Kong side has a much more frequent service than the one at the Kowloon side.

CY on the Hong Kong island is not too far away from the ferry terminal by car, no more than 5 to 10 min ride even with some traffic.

CY at Sha Tin is not for the tourists especially first time visitors. OP obvious has not done any homework other than just choosing the lodging by price.
Old Sep 6, 2013, 9:45 am

Programs: MUCCI; BAEC Lifetime Gold; Marriott Bonvoy Emeritus Titanium; Hertz#1, Avis President’s Club
Just checked in at the JW Marriott and after a bit of a discussion I finally got a harbour view suite. Initial response to my question about an upgrade was "yes, you're on the Exec floor". I asked "so, if I check on the internet now that would be the best room available"? Within in a minute I was moved to the suite .
Old Sep 6, 2013, 11:44 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
there is NO "best room available" entitlement for MR Plats (EL is an upgrade from non-booked EL rooms)............
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/mem...ts/platinum.mi
and you are the same poster who just posted their demand for free nights, bottle of scotch, a cabana and lunch in Bali aren't you, so I must ask, are you sure you're from London and not from FLL??????

Originally Posted by johnaalex
Just checked in at the JW Marriott and after a bit of a discussion I finally got a harbour view suite. Initial response to my question about an upgrade was "yes, you're on the Exec floor". I asked "so, if I check on the internet now that would be the best room available"? Within in a minute I was moved to the suite .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.