Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott-family hotels in Hong Kong, pre-2014

Search this Thread

Old Jan 17, 2013, 3:46 am

Programs: UA 1K MM | Marriott LTT | National Car EE
Re: HKG To Courtyard Sha Tin, Jan 16, 13, 1:56 pm northsideguy

per Marriott.com, the hotel does not offer a shuttle to/from HKG. from searching on the Kowloon Motor Bus site, there seems to be an airport route that has a start/end point near the Shek Mun area that will probably require a bit of a walk to the hotel. i'm guestimating that route takes about 45 min w/out traffic.

i'm considering booking here sometime in the future as well, but what is cutting against that it isn't as easy to get to as some of the other props in Hong Kong. for this prop, options to get there appear to be: 1) 250 HKD 30 min **estimated** cab ride, 2) longish bus ride, 3) multi-transfer on MTR. in comparison, CY HK was a <35 HKD & 5 min no traffic cab ride from Hong Kong AEX station (25 min from airport to HK station, 90 HKD one way), no transfer on rail lines at all. i think i was at there in 45 minutes of deplaning last time. i was at RC last week and it took me 6 min to walk from the base in ICC to the Kowloon AEX station (3 min from the W).

i actually like the CY HK. i didn't realize that there will be a Western Line extension and if there will be a Water Street / Sai Ying Pun station, that will make the prop far more accessible. the tram cars on Des Veoux Rd are great, but MTR is much much speedier. over the holidays, i actually took the tram car from Sai Wan Ho to Water Street and i think it took about 1 hr 15 min or so (hitting traffic around CWB & Wan Chai). undoubtedly the MTR would be much quicker.

Last edited by eleeut; Jan 19, 2013 at 12:42 pm Reason: providing context b/c of merged threads..
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
another economical way is to take the airport bus to city one and then change to a cab.
Old Jan 17, 2013, 4:40 am

definitely another way to slice it. i think i have been spoiled by AEX now.

with all the above being said re: AEX, i will try one of the airport buses if i stay at CY HK again. the public transportation system in HK is amazing. i grew up in the US, but have been going back to see family in HK at least yearly for most of my life. my dad loves taking the bus routes in HK, even if it takes him 1.5 hours or more to get to locations. now he's moved on to roaming in mainland china for weeks... taking buses!
Old Jan 17, 2013, 5:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
A12/11 brings you almost right by the door at CY HK. The ride to HKG from the hotel is less than 30 mins.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 3:57 pm

Programs: DL DM
Originally Posted by bsagator
. BTW, the website now says they are opening in February of 2013.

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/trav...-kong-sha-tin/
..and now it says March 2013. Getting a little worried that it won't be open by the time we arrive in mid April. Might need to book a back up plan.
Old Jan 18, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: UA 1K and Million Miler; Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier
New Executive Lounge Hours for Hong Kong Courtyard

Just received a notice today with the following changes:

Hot hors d''oeurves hours 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Alcoholic beverage hours 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. (2 additional hours )

All other platinum amenities remain the same: Complimentary breakfast either in lounge or MoMo Cafe on the 2nd floor, 20% discount on restaurant and room service, 15% discount on laundry and dry cleaning.

Lounge is open 7 days from 6 a.m. to midnight with complimentary tea, coffee, and soft drinks.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:44 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I also like HK Courtyard, but for the first two nights my company is not paying for it and it is really unreasonable for the property, HKG $2950 per night! So I thought I'd try the Courtyard Sha Tin at HKG $1000. I got some advise from a HK poster and I'll just cab it from HKG, less hassles.

Yes AEX is great to get into HK with luggage. I see you take a taxi from HK Station to Courtyard. Do you know Courtyard has a shuttle on from the station?

Thanks again for your help and Safe Travels!

Originally Posted by eleeut
Re: HKG To Courtyard Sha Tin, Jan 16, 13, 1:56 pm northsideguy

per Marriott.com, the hotel does not offer a shuttle to/from HKG. from searching on the Kowloon Motor Bus site, there seems to be an airport route that has a start/end point near the Shek Mun area that will probably require a bit of a walk to the hotel. i'm guestimating that route takes about 45 min w/out traffic.

i'm considering booking here sometime in the future as well, but what is cutting against that it isn't as easy to get to as some of the other props in Hong Kong. for this prop, options to get there appear to be: 1) 250 HKD 30 min **estimated** cab ride, 2) longish bus ride, 3) multi-transfer on MTR. in comparison, CY HK was a <35 HKD & 5 min no traffic cab ride from Hong Kong AEX station (25 min from airport to HK station, 90 HKD one way), no transfer on rail lines at all. i think i was at there in 45 minutes of deplaning last time. i was at RC last week and it took me 6 min to walk from the base in ICC to the Kowloon AEX station (3 min from the W).

i actually like the CY HK. i didn't realize that there will be a Western Line extension and if there will be a Water Street / Sai Ying Pun station, that will make the prop far more accessible. the tram cars on Des Veoux Rd are great, but MTR is much much speedier. over the holidays, i actually took the tram car from Sai Wan Ho to Water Street and i think it took about 1 hr 15 min or so (hitting traffic around CWB & Wan Chai). undoubtedly the MTR would be much quicker.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 1:46 pm

Thanks for the info as I'll be there in March. SafeTravels!

Originally Posted by happywanderer
Just received a notice today with the following changes:

Hot hors d''oeurves hours 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
Alcoholic beverage hours 5:30 to 9:30 p.m. (2 additional hours )

All other platinum amenities remain the same: Complimentary breakfast either in lounge or MoMo Cafe on the 2nd floor, 20% discount on restaurant and room service, 15% discount on laundry and dry cleaning.

Lounge is open 7 days from 6 a.m. to midnight with complimentary tea, coffee, and soft drinks.
Old Jan 19, 2013, 3:40 pm

Originally Posted by northsideguy
Thanks for the reply. Yes, I also like HK Courtyard, but for the first two nights my company is not paying for it and it is really unreasonable for the property, HKG $2950 per night! So I thought I'd try the Courtyard Sha Tin at HKG $1000. I got some advise from a HK poster and I'll just cab it from HKG, less hassles.

Yes AEX is great to get into HK with luggage. I see you take a taxi from HK Station to Courtyard. Do you know Courtyard has a shuttle on from the station?

I've used the shuttle on a previous stay. Last time i arrived at the AEX station after 11 pm and didn't really want to wait around in the event the last one already left. That's a big difference btwn the two rates. My company rate at CY HK was sub1k for my last stays so I chose not to burn points there. Nearly 3k there is crazy!
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:42 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Avis Preferred, Hertz PC, Hyatt Discoverist , Marriott Titanium
If you walk just a little bit to the west on Connaught RD you can see where they are doing construction for the new MTR station. Or at least the last time I stayed there you could.

I agree, having the MTR run that far down will make it far more accessible.
Old Jan 20, 2013, 1:46 am

Originally Posted by JDS747
If you walk just a little bit to the west on Connaught RD you can see where they are doing construction for the new MTR station. Or at least the last time I stayed there you could.

I agree, having the MTR run that far down will make it far more accessible.
+1
Old Jan 20, 2013, 8:39 am

Programs: BA Gold, JGC Sapphire, OZ Diamond, AF Silver, CX GR, Marriott Lifetime SL
Wirelessly posted (iPhone 4: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-gb; GT-I9210 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Originally Posted by northsideguy

I've used the shuttle on a previous stay. Last time i arrived at the AEX station after 11 pm and didn't really want to wait around in the event the last one already left. That's a big difference btwn the two rates. My company rate at CY HK was sub1k for my last stays so I chose not to burn points there. Nearly 3k there is crazy!
I guess you should talk to your company if they can extend that two days and bill you separately? I think most hotel will gladly take your money.
Old Feb 2, 2013, 2:15 am

Programs: All Around Nobody
Originally Posted by ArtM
Would a similar approach work for the Harbor Renaissance? More importantly, is it feasible to take luggage (1 bag apiece and probably one carry on) on the Airport Express?

Thanks
Not sure if it even applies to you, but for anyone else looking for info about this. I wouldn't take the shuttle bus (#H2 - brown) from Airport Express to get to the Ren. I did and I wasted a lot of time as the Ren was one of the last stops.

IMO, the best course would be to take AEX to Hong Kong Station, get on the Island Line and get off on Wan Chai. Go out exit A5 and follow all signage towards the HKCEC on the covered/elevated walkway (you can take the lift as the bags will be a hassle on the escelator). You go through Central Plaza, still following the signs to HKCEC and then you'll start to see signs for the Ren. It will lead you right to the check-in/lobby level which is the 2nd floor.

Of course, a taxi will drop you off right at the front doors...
Old Feb 4, 2013, 3:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, Delta Skymiles Platinum
Originally Posted by Aaron01
Not sure if it even applies to you, but for anyone else looking for info about this. I wouldn't take the shuttle bus (#H2 - brown) from Airport Express to get to the Ren. I did and I wasted a lot of time as the Ren was one of the last stops.

IMO, the best course would be to take AEX to Hong Kong Station, get on the Island Line and get off on Wan Chai. Go out exit A5 and follow all signage towards the HKCEC on the covered/elevated walkway (you can take the lift as the bags will be a hassle on the escelator). You go through Central Plaza, still following the signs to HKCEC and then you'll start to see signs for the Ren. It will lead you right to the check-in/lobby level which is the 2nd floor. Of course, a taxi will drop you off right at the front doors...
If anyone does that just be aware that the walk from the MTR station to the hotel is a solid 10-12 minutes, with suitcases. It can be a very sweaty walk at the warmer times of year.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 4:01 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by MW147
If anyone does that just be aware that the walk from the MTR station to the hotel is a solid 10-12 minutes, with suitcases. It can be a very sweaty walk at the warmer times of year.
I would suggest just taking a taxi from the Airport Express terminus at Hong Kong Station. I always do it, am usually at the Ren in less than 10 min, and the cost is only around HKD 40 (around $5 US). If you have luggage, it's definitely worth it.

One thing I absolutely LOVE about HK is how quick and easy it is to get from the airport to the city. My last two trips there, without checked baggage, I've been able to get from the aircraft door to the hotel lobby in just 1 hr.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.