Dates:
Award stay:
Room type booked:
Room type received:
Elite Level:
Plat Arrival Gift:
Other Gift of Benefit:
Comments:

If you were made aware of an upgrade in advance, such as through e-mail or a preassigned upgrade in your reservation, put it in the comments.
Print Wikipost

Questions about getting upgraded

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I want to use this thread to register my complaint that Marriott has it in for me. Me personally. I have stayed with the husband at conferences at the Camelback 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years. Never gotten an upgrade. Just normal casita room. This week he is there without me and has a bilevel suite. For 230/night. Grrrrrrrrr.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:34 pm
Suspended

Marriott doesn't have it in for you.
Now perhaps you might have a bone to pick with the Rooms Mgr of this particular property but that's not equivalent to the whole brand, Marriott.

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
I want to use this thread to register my complaint that Marriott has it in for me. Me personally. I have stayed with the husband at conferences at the Camelback 3 or 4 times over the last 2 years. Never gotten an upgrade. Just normal casita room. This week he is there without me and has a bilevel suite. For 230/night. Grrrrrrrrr.
Old Dec 1, 2015, 5:40 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by leeky
Marriott doesn't have it in for you.
Now perhaps you might have a bone to pick with the Rooms Mgr of this particular property but that's not equivalent to the whole brand, Marriott.
leeky She was kidding She's stayed at plenty of Marriott brands w/ & w/o hubby. Gotten some good upgrades. Some not so much. I think if she had been w/ hubby on this trip getting the upgrade, there wouldn't be a complaint . Of course on the alternate side, the hubby could say I never get upgraded w/ the family when I need/want it, but now that I'm here by myself & really don't care, geesh @:-)

Cheers.
Old Dec 30, 2015, 1:39 pm

Programs: Hilton Plastic, Delta Silver Emeritus
On an award stay (resort view) we were upgraded to a Premium Ocean View room from December 21 to December 27. Although this was high season the hotel did not appear to be full. (They must have their retail prices set relatively high).

I am currently Marriott Gold.

FWIW the 10% gift shop discount includes the pizza and ice cream in the main gift shop. I guess $3 is $3
Old Jan 3, 2016, 12:10 pm

Programs: AA lifetime gold, Marriott Plat.
Chance of upgrade at Casa magna pvr?

Leaving next weekend for Casa magna Marriott in Puerto Vallarta. As a lifetime platinum can I expect a room upgrade? Any recent experiences?
Thanks
Old Jan 3, 2016, 1:34 pm

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ta-mexico.html
Old Jan 3, 2016, 3:00 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Silver, Hertz
You will Likely get upgraded one room up from what you booked. If you book Garden View, you will most likely get Ocean View (but not the Ocean/Pool view.) If you book Ocean View, you will get the Ocean/Pool View. They will send you a list of suites that that you can upgrade to, but it is a paid upgrade.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 3:12 am

No Room Ugrade anymore for Gold Elite in Thailand?

hello,

i am planing our stay at to new Marriott hua hin, and had several e-mails exchanged with them.

that there is no more free abf for Gold/Platinium Members i have known before.

but usually in south east asia i got amazing room Upgrades even to suites and Villas as a Gold member.

to my surprise i got this answer:

"Dear Mr. xxxx,
Please to inform you, the Marriott Rewards gold members will get free Wi-Fi during stay with us but free breakfast and F&B discount are not applicable in resort.
Please to inform you, for room upgrade is also not applicable in resort.
Should there is further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards,
T. Y. (O.), Reservation Manager
HUA HIN MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA | TRAVEL BRILLIANTLY"

did i miss some changes in the Marriott rewards Programm?
(in the t&c is still written that golds get upgrade on availability)

is this a wrong Information given to me?

would you contact Marriott rewards directly?

thank you for your answer!
michi
Old Jan 30, 2016, 4:06 am
Suspended

title of this thread is TOTAL BS

Originally Posted by mg1981
hello,

i am planing our stay at to new Marriott hua hin, and had several e-mails exchanged with them.

that there is no more free abf for Gold/Platinium Members i have known before.

but usually in south east asia i got amazing room Upgrades even to suites and Villas as a Gold member.

to my surprise i got this answer:

"Dear Mr. xxxx,
Please to inform you, the Marriott Rewards gold members will get free Wi-Fi during stay with us but free breakfast and F&B discount are not applicable in resort.
Please to inform you, for room upgrade is also not applicable in resort.
Should there is further assistance, please feel free to contact us.
Best Regards,
T. Y. (O.), Reservation Manager
HUA HIN MARRIOTT RESORT & SPA | TRAVEL BRILLIANTLY"

did i miss some changes in the Marriott rewards Programm?
(in the t&c is still written that golds get upgrade on availability)

is this a wrong Information given to me?

would you contact Marriott rewards directly?

thank you for your answer!
michi
Old Jan 30, 2016, 5:56 am

Originally Posted by leeky
title of this thread is TOTAL BS
Why?
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:13 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by gpia
Why?
You are stating that all hotels in Thailand have changed this policy, when you cite a single hotel.

There are properties that limit any UG to one category for Plats. IME, these tend to be resort and/or beach properties. Like this hotel, these properties are usually up front about the policy. Nothing has change system-wide with Marriott Rewards. This just appears to be the first time you have encountered one of these hotels.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:26 am

Originally Posted by CJKatl
You are stating that all hotels in Thailand have changed this policy, when you cite a single hotel.

There are properties that limit any UG to one category for Plats. IME, these tend to be resort and/or beach properties. Like this hotel, these properties are usually up front about the policy. Nothing has change system-wide with Marriott Rewards. This just appears to be the first time you have encountered one of these hotels.
I am not the OP, but I get your point.

At the same time, it does indeed does not mention the same "resort excluded" disclaimer for upgrades as it does for free breakfast on the T&C page, which might be why the OP thought it be a country specific difference.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 6:44 am

Programs: DL:MM, Marriott:LTT
Originally Posted by gpia
I am not the OP, but I get your point.

At the same time, it does indeed does not mention the same "resort excluded" disclaimer for upgrades as it does for free breakfast on the T&C page, which might be why the OP thought it be a country specific difference.
Sorry about confusing you with the OP. The properties that limit UGs that I've encountered have had a disclaimer on the reservations page. Someone might want to suggest this to the property's management.
Old Jan 30, 2016, 7:39 am

Programs: Marriott lifetime Titanium, Delta Platinum
Originally Posted by CJKatl
1. The OP is complaining that the property informed him that there are no upgrades (as in zero) for golds. Not sure of the relevance of your info as to properties that limit to a single category up.

2. Even as to one-class upgrades, to my knowledge there is no such restriction in the current terms and conditions of Marriott Rewards. (There was for a short period of time about 2-3 years ago. It was there for a short period of time--then disappeared. It's appearance in the rules, and then disappearance, was not otherwise announced by MR.)

3. The property's message to the OP asserts that the MR room upgrade benefit is not applicable to resorts. This is, of course, 100% false. The OP should complain to MR customer service, who should take the initiative and explain the rule to the property. However, based on numerous threads here, I'm not confident they would know or understand the applicable rule.

Last edited by ohmark; Jan 30, 2016 at 10:31 am
Old Jan 30, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum, IHG PA, Hilton Sucks, Hyatt Discoverist
upgraded at ren bangkok as gold

At Rennaissance Bangkok: I booked Studio Suite and received Renaissance Suite. Stayed last Wednesday and Thursday night. I'm Gold. First time staying at a Ren. Couldn't be happier with the upgrade. Will be back when visiting BKK.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.