Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1, 2010, 10:34 am

In closing, I'm posting this so others are aware that it's necessary to check one's account carefully on the one-year anniversary of its issue to be aware that the night has been deposited, and also to be aware of its six-month expiry.

I had similar. Just showed up in my MR account with no notice.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:14 pm

Is anyone else getting continuous mailings of this offer? Granted, the invite and printing is top notch and mighty fancy (I thought perhaps I was invited to a wedding of a Marriott marketing executive and a Chase new business exec), but I've received three of them in two weeks' time, and with each one they push the expiration date of the "Limited-Time Offer" out a few days.

Well, the third time's the charm, maybe I'll sign up this time.
Old Dec 7, 2010, 4:18 pm

Where is the 50k biz card link?

can you get the personal and biz 50K+50k together?
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:11 pm

Originally Posted by apollo_liumin
Where is the 50k biz card link?

can you get the personal and biz 50K+50k together?
What 50K biz?
Old Dec 13, 2010, 1:26 pm

Link still works, and I just applied. I know I have gotten invitations in the mail in the past, but wasn't ready to do it at that point. I already have three Chase cards (one is Chase Business, the other two are Marriott Rewards). I use two of the three for business and those are paid off monthly, and the other has a small balance. I plan to close one of the other Marriott Rewards cards if this one is approved. Keeping my fingers crossed...need that 50K in points! I would think it's a done deal considering I've been invited in the past.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 8:16 pm

Programs: Everyone!
I just gotta say, I have never been junk mailed so consistently and frequently in my life than for this card. I have received the big fancy "invitation" twice a week for the last 6 weeks. I kid you not, I have 11 invites sitting on my desk and each of them has a different offer code and expiration date but is otherwise identical.

I am nothing special either from a credit or points perspective, so I can't believe how hard they are pushing this card out of nowhere.........

That said, the offer is pretty good and I am actually considering it.....
Old Dec 21, 2010, 11:59 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by sunnyjl
Link still works, and I just applied. I know I have gotten invitations in the mail in the past, but wasn't ready to do it at that point. I already have three Chase cards (one is Chase Business, the other two are Marriott Rewards). I use two of the three for business and those are paid off monthly, and the other has a small balance. I plan to close one of the other Marriott Rewards cards if this one is approved. Keeping my fingers crossed...need that 50K in points! I would think it's a done deal considering I've been invited in the past.
Are your 2 MR cards the same product (i.e. Premier Visa Signature)? I'm curious if Chase will let me have 2 of the same product and still benefit from the 50k enrollment bonus. I went ahead and applied but am still awaiting a decision. Thought I'd toss the question out there to you more experienced folks in the realm of card churning.

This would be a sweet deal if they approve the 2nd card.

Peace!
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Originally Posted by jkzahn
I just gotta say, I have never been junk mailed so consistently and frequently in my life than for this card. I have received the big fancy "invitation" twice a week for the last 6 weeks. I kid you not, I have 11 invites sitting on my desk and each of them has a different offer code and expiration date but is otherwise identical.

I am nothing special either from a credit or points perspective, so I can't believe how hard they are pushing this card out of nowhere.........

That said, the offer is pretty good and I am actually considering it.....
I too get more mail every week from Marriott's Visa pushers than anyone else. If I apply (just got another 50,000 point offer), will they stop sending them??
Old Dec 23, 2010, 7:58 am

The terms say 3 points for every $1 spent in Marriott. When they say dollar spent, do they only talk about non stay $? I don't see the 3 points bonus.
Old Dec 23, 2010, 8:16 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Originally Posted by thechakra
The terms say 3 points for every $1 spent in Marriott. When they say dollar spent, do they only talk about non stay $? I don't see the 3 points bonus.

3 points per $1 spent at Marriott
1 point per $1 spent elsewhere

This is what it looks like on my MR statement:

Dec 19 10 MR VISA (Marriott Purchases) 2,335 pts Bonus
Dec 19 10 MR VISA (Non-Marriott Purchases) 18,224 pts Bonus
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:12 pm

Programs: DL FO, HHonors Gold, MR Gold, ICH Plat, National EC
Originally Posted by NVGuy36
Are your 2 MR cards the same product (i.e. Premier Visa Signature)? I'm curious if Chase will let me have 2 of the same product and still benefit from the 50k enrollment bonus. I went ahead and applied but am still awaiting a decision. Thought I'd toss the question out there to you more experienced folks in the realm of card churning.

This would be a sweet deal if they approve the 2nd card.

Peace!
Update...

So, Chase approved and opened a 2nd MR Premier Visa Signature after shaving off some of my credit line with my PC Select Visa. Question remains if I will still benefit from the 50k enrollment bonus.

Reckon only time will tell!!

Peace!!
Old Dec 27, 2010, 9:20 pm

Programs: AA, HH, Hyatt Gold, Marriott Platinum, UA, DL, US
I opened one of these just over a year ago. Great benes, free nights, fairly good point rates if you spend a bunch of time in Marriotts. And yes, they did stop sending me offers once I got the card. They also gave me a ridiculously high limit considering my credit, which I am now regretting, just a little bit, but I'll be okay in a few more months of 'payback' mode.

I haven't read back through the thread so sorry if this is a repeat but I get 3 points (per dollar) for Marriott spend, 2 points for airline, car rental and dining (including fast food and coffee shops) and 1 point for every other dollar spent.

Also has your MR number printed on the card which makes it easy to check and be sure that the FD has your account number on file when you check in.
Old Jan 3, 2011, 10:56 am

50k Bonus Offer

So I've received two of these offers in the mail already and have been a regular (not premier) MR card holder for maybe a month? Sounded like a great deal to me particularly since they had just given me 25k for signing up for the regular MR card. However when calling to apply they made sure to mention that the offer does not apply to current MR card holders and that they could not guaranty that the 50k in points would be added to my account??? Reading the fine print on the back of the offer it states this several times in regards to existing MR members not being eligible. However one lady "Kim" told me that some times she sees the points post to the account anyway but sometimes it doesn't... I also read on the MR site that the max amount of gifted points per year was 50k. Frankly I'm torn because currently I have a one year free membership and it's really only worth it to me to upgrade if I get the 50K in points. Was anyone else already a regular MR card hold who took this offer? And if so did you receive the 50k after the first purchase?
Old Jan 14, 2011, 7:33 pm

Programs: Lotz
50K offer still good as of 12/31. Approved then and 50K and free night cert posted within 2 weeks.
Old Jan 15, 2011, 6:55 pm

Programs: UA, AA, AS, DL, BA, HA, WN, SPG-PL, Hyatt-Dia, HH-Dia, Marr-Pl, US Mint/VR(retired)
Had a Marriott card in the past (not Premier)
Got this card in November.
Paid the $65 fee.
I received 50K on the 1st statement.
Since more than 8 weeks had passed and I still didn't have my free cat 1-4 night, I e-mailed Chase.
Their reply was that I had received this benefit in the past and was not eligible for another one.
Luckily, I got the 50K and had already booked a reward with those points.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.