Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by jsehl
FYI for anyone who is still thinking about signing up for the card via that Chase link: I received my credit card after filling out the online application back on April 7. The night credit and free night stay certificate have already posted to my account, but I'm still waiting for the 50,000 bonus points. I know you have to make a purchase with the card first (which I've done), but does anyone know if you actually have to make a first payment or something before it gets posted?
Your bonus points should post after your first statement closes.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 12:00 pm

Ah, thanks.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 2:16 pm

Programs: SSSS Preferred, UA 1K
Originally Posted by redrock
Yesterday I got a flyer in the mail saying that as of 3/31/11 there were no FX TRX fees for this card.

This is a great addition as I use the card mainly for INTL business related travel.
I'm hoping to confirm this with a recent two week trip to Europe. My other Chase card that I did use minimally immediately showed foreign service charges, but none have appeared so far on the Marriott (a prior issued card to this deal) card that was mostly used. I'll wait until the monthly statement closes though.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 5:28 pm

Does anyone know when this offer expires ? $65 for 50,000 points is well worth it IMO
Old Apr 27, 2011, 8:26 pm

Programs: HH Gold, GP Diamond, ICH Plat, SPG Gold, WN A List, National Exec
Originally Posted by flyer4512
Does anyone know when this offer expires ? $65 for 50,000 points is well worth it IMO
I get an invitation to this promo every other week in the mail and I think the last one said to respond by 5/31 so at least until then.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 7:50 am

Programs: UA 1K / *A Gold
Cool Early 50K points posting?

I understand that the 50K points normally post on first statement. If I make purchase and pay immediately, will the 50K points post earlier before first statement?

Thanks so much.
Old May 4, 2011, 9:59 am

I just had my application approved, and was told that it'll take 6-8 weeks for the bonus points?!?!?!?!? I hope this isn't true!
Old May 4, 2011, 12:23 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
Originally Posted by philsphan20
I just had my application approved, and was told that it'll take 6-8 weeks for the bonus points?!?!?!?!? I hope this isn't true!

Only took about 4 weeks to get my 50,000 UAL bonus miles on my new Chase card earlier this year.
Old May 17, 2011, 8:11 pm

Annual fee waived

Just rec'd an offer for this card with the annual fee waived ($85) - first time I've gotten this without the fee. Guess it pays to wait.
Old May 18, 2011, 9:45 am

Originally Posted by acnev
Just rec'd an offer for this card with the annual fee waived ($85) - first time I've gotten this without the fee. Guess it pays to wait.
Do you get the free night upon approval? If not that's probably why they are waiving the fee. I also thought it was $65?
Old May 18, 2011, 1:25 pm
Moderator: Chase Ultimate Rewards

Programs: UA 2P, MR LT Plat, IHG Plat, BW Dia, HH Au, Avis PC
I also received a first-year-fee-waived customized offer this week. It was in a "thanks for your recent stay" type e-mail.

Explicitly says: 50k points, free night cat 1-4 at approval, no annual fee first year. ($85 annual fee following years)

When I click thru to the application, it doesn't say any of that... but the e-mail very clearly does.

EDIT: This is very strange. When I click thru on the application, it clearly shows a MR Premier card and says $85 annual fee waived first year. When I go thru the regular MR website and click the link there, I see $65 annual fee NOT waived.

Depending on the application, you get a different annual fee?
Old May 18, 2011, 8:37 pm

Originally Posted by acnev

Did you get it in the mail or can you post a link ?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by lichenlt
...Its ongoing features include a free night certificate and other benefits...]
Saw a post on another website that stated the free night certificate is valid for only 6 months (not one year); is this correct?
Old May 30, 2011, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Marriott Rewards - LTPP
Originally Posted by muji
Saw a post on another website that stated the free night certificate is valid for only 6 months (not one year); is this correct?
T&C say 6 months.
Old May 30, 2011, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by njcommodore
T&C say 6 months.
Thank you, NJ.
I have not yet applied for the card, but did check the T&C. I didn't see it specified there (maybe I missed it). A related question (which I have been unable to find answered on the Marriott site): On the Marriott page regarding rewards it states "Redeem 4 Nights. Get the 5th Night FREE!". I'm assuming this is only when you are staying five consecutive nights at the same hotel; is this correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.