Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 2, 2011, 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by utl567
The annual fee is not waived for the first year with this deal correct?
correct. I thought the fee was worth the 50,000 points. I didn't get the free night certificate because I've done the credit card in past. However, had no problem getting the points.
Old Apr 4, 2011, 11:44 am

Do all of the features of the typical premier card application transfer over to the 50,000 pts promotion?

I don't see mention of the Elite Night Credit (spend $3,000) or the 15,000 bonus pts for redeeming 7-night stays on the application for the 50k bonus pts.

That's the only thing holding me back!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:50 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
Originally Posted by Bacai
Me too. I got Free Night Cert after 4 days from the application date.
No letter, no actual credit card yet^
Where do you look in your Marriott account to see if you got a free night? I applied for the regular card as I didn't think I would be approved for the premium platinum one.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 5:56 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Tiki
Where do you look in your Marriott account to see if you got a free night? I applied for the regular card as I didn't think I would be approved for the premium platinum one.
That's definitely worth checking, as I noted in my small tale of woe here. Otherwise it slips in and eventually slips away.

It's also useful IMO to bring the information forward on this thread.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:03 am
Original Member

Programs: AA EXP
No FX TRX Fees !!!

Yesterday I got a flyer in the mail saying that as of 3/31/11 there were no FX TRX fees for this card.

This is a great addition as I use the card mainly for INTL business related travel.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 6:09 pm

I had to look it up myself. If you go to "Rewards Activity", you should see it as an "Unused Certificate". The Cert & the nights posted pretty quickly (approved for the card about a week prior).
Old Apr 8, 2011, 8:36 pm

OK, nothing found yet. I wonder why they are taking so long when I am already a Chase customer with an excellent on-time payment record?
Old Apr 9, 2011, 5:14 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
OK, nothing found yet. I wonder why they are taking so long when I am already a Chase customer with an excellent on-time payment record?
I would call customer service. Mine went directly into my account.
Old Apr 10, 2011, 8:40 am

Chase Marriott VISA

Any Canadians have luck with getting approved for a US card. I travel in US frequently and would like a US currency card, plus the points and incentives are significantly higher than the Canadian offerings...
Old Apr 13, 2011, 12:41 pm

After a week of no news, I finally called Chase and they denied my application for the normal 22,500 point card (I knew I wouldn't get the 50k premier card). They said it was because the minimum credit limit is $5000 and I opened too many new accounts within the last year. I just have 4 new accounts-Priority Club Visa with Chase, 2 x Citibank AA cards and the US Mastercard with Barclays. I pay them all off on time and my Fico is 740 but they won't give me the Marriott card unless I cancel the Priority Club card which I won't do because of the free night each anniversary. I'm just doing the same thing everyone else is, I didn't even try for the British Airways 100,000 mile card also with Chase so I don't know why they are refusing me the card but giving it to other people.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 2:04 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum; UAL Silver
I don't know why they are refusing me the card but giving it to other people.
They said it was because the minimum credit limit is $5000 and I opened too many new accounts within the last year.
Appears to me they told you why.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 5:26 pm

Programs: AA CK, Marriott LT Ti, Hertz 5*, Avis PC
After a week of no news, I finally called Chase and they denied my application for the normal 22,500 point card (I knew I wouldn't get the 50k premier card). They said it was because the minimum credit limit is $5000 and I opened too many new accounts within the last year. I just have 4 new accounts-Priority Club Visa with Chase, 2 x Citibank AA cards and the US Mastercard with Barclays. I pay them all off on time and my Fico is 740 but they won't give me the Marriott card unless I cancel the Priority Club card which I won't do because of the free night each anniversary. I'm just doing the same thing everyone else is, I didn't even try for the British Airways 100,000 mile card also with Chase so I don't know why they are refusing me the card but giving it to other people.
This is in no way an attack on Tiki -- I want to state that upfront.

The scenario played out here has always perplexed me when reading FT and all of the people who constantly credit card hop. Have we become so focused on points that we forget the impact these "bonuses" have on our credit ratings, mortgage rates, car loan financing, etc.? I sincerely hope that everyone realizes the impact that opening 3 new accounts on your credit has. Also, when you close a card down, it impacts your credit negatively because 90% of the time they show the account closed (and not on request from the card owner); this is in addition to the reduction in credit available.

Call me a nag, but I really hope people think about the impact and not just the free night in a hotel.
Old Apr 13, 2011, 9:43 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Silver, National Emerald, Hertz Club Gold
Originally Posted by ttusqrl

The scenario played out here has always perplexed me when reading FT and all of the people who constantly credit card hop. Have we become so focused on points that we forget the impact these "bonuses" have on our credit ratings, mortgage rates, car loan financing, etc.? I sincerely hope that everyone realizes the impact that opening 3 new accounts on your credit has. Also, when you close a card down, it impacts your credit negatively because 90% of the time they show the account closed (and not on request from the card owner); this is in addition to the reduction in credit available.

Call me a nag, but I really hope people think about the impact and not just the free night in a hotel.
Indeed. When you're getting a mortgage or a house, you should think twice about credit card offers.

Sometimes though, a signing bonus comes along that is too good to be true - $1100 Venture Capitol One match, the 75000 bonus miles from America Airlines CC, 100000 mile offers, 30k Starwood signing bonus - those are the offers that you should go for, I feel. Don't waste time on the churn.
Old Apr 15, 2011, 12:39 am

Originally Posted by ttusqrl

I am in a unique position of being a dual citizen USA-Australia and my mortgage and life are in Australia. Any credit cards I get in the USA are strictly for the points. I do have a SSN, good Fico and 100% on time payment record for 27 years.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:37 pm

FYI for anyone who is still thinking about signing up for the card via that Chase link: I received my credit card after filling out the online application back on April 7. The night credit and free night stay certificate have already posted to my account, but I'm still waiting for the 50,000 bonus points. I know you have to make a purchase with the card first (which I've done), but does anyone know if you actually have to make a first payment or something before it gets posted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.