Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:01 am

I just read through this entire thread, but I'm still a little hazy: can anyone confirm that you can get the 50,000 bonus points even if you weren't specifically targeted for the offer?

There's a link in this thread posted way back in July '10 that appears to still be active: https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWe...ID=&PROMO=DF01

One of my coworkers got a specific mailing for the 50,000 bonus point offer (the regular offer is only 30,000), but his letter directs him to enter special promotion codes to get the 50,000 points. Anyone know if using the link above will actually work?

Thanks
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:30 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by jsehl
I just read through this entire thread, but I'm still a little hazy: can anyone confirm that you can get the 50,000 bonus points even if you weren't specifically targeted for the offer?
I can say that it worked for my wife. I signed her up last year and she received the full bonus. I can't say if the offer is still valid or not though.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 10:50 am

YES. My mom signed up in December, from one of the links on flyertalk (non-targeted) and got the 50,000 points.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 11:12 am

Thanks, guys!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 6:47 pm

Programs: HIlton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Platinum, Southwest
Got the 50,000 point offer in the mail, but since I had a Marriott Visa several years ago and got some bonus points (not sure about a free night), it appears I'd be ineligible for the points and perhaps also the free night bonus. Is there a way to find out definitively before spending $65 for this card? I'm afraid a CSR will promise me anything to make the sale, but not necessarily follow through.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 9:03 pm

Originally Posted by freebee
Got the 50,000 point offer in the mail, but since I had a Marriott Visa several years ago and got some bonus points (not sure about a free night), it appears I'd be ineligible for the points and perhaps also the free night bonus. Is there a way to find out definitively before spending $65 for this card? I'm afraid a CSR will promise me anything to make the sale, but not necessarily follow through.

I say live on the wild side and go for it! It's a whopping $65. In my experience with other Chase cards you can sign up, cancel and re sign up every year or so and get all the points offered.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 4:36 pm

Programs: AA Plat /KE mc/OZ Diamond /Marriott gold/ SPG gold
free certification posted today on marriott.com (march 2nd, a week after signing up for this offer).

still haven't received any emails or cc yet though.
Old Mar 4, 2011, 9:45 pm

Programs: Thai silver(expired), Eva Gold(expired), SPG Gold (expired), MR gold, AA Exp 1MM, UA platinum.
Free Night Cert.

Originally Posted by sunrider101
free certification posted today on marriott.com (march 2nd, a week after signing up for this offer).

Me too. I got Free Night Cert after 4 days from the application date.
No letter, no actual credit card yet^
Old Mar 5, 2011, 3:09 am

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
This offer seems to be specifically for a Premiere Visa Signature. Has anyone ever applied for this offer and been approved for a lesser card?

I have a history of being downgraded to gold cards or non-Signature Visa cards. My last application was the PC Visa from Chase where I didn't get the Signature card most other people got but I got a normal Visa and still got my bonus points.

There is another Marriot Visa http://www.mychasecreditcards.com/ma...rewards/flash2 which is only 22,500 points plus free night, no anniversary bonus but it seems to be the level of card I can get based on past history. Of course I'd much rather have the 50,000 one if it is feasible. My history with the Chase PC Visa is excellent, I pay in full every month but I don't charge much on it.
Old Mar 11, 2011, 5:34 pm

I just cancelled my Marriott reward card, so I could get the Premier card and the 50k pts. How long do I need to wait before I apply, so as to get the 50k pts? 1 or 2 months?
Old Mar 11, 2011, 7:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by letstravel2
I just cancelled my Marriott reward card, so I could get the Premier card and the 50k pts. How long do I need to wait before I apply, so as to get the 50k pts? 1 or 2 months?
No one can give you a definitive answer. Have you applied for any other Chase cards in the last 6 months? If not, I'd think you'd be approved for the new one. If approved you'll probably get the 50K pts. but you may not get the free night cert if you've ever gotten one before. Good luck.
Old Mar 20, 2011, 12:05 am

Programs: Lotz
Originally Posted by jsehl
I just read through this entire thread, but I'm still a little hazy: can anyone confirm that you can get the 50,000 bonus points even if you weren't specifically targeted for it? Anyone know if using the link above will actually work?

Thanks
I just used it two months ago even though I wasn't targeted and got the 50K points and free nite cert.
Old Mar 28, 2011, 7:55 am

Originally Posted by sunrider101

Originally Posted by Bacai
Me too. I got Free Night Cert after 4 days from the application date.
No letter, no actual credit card yet^
Did either receive the credit card yet? How long after the free cert posted did the credit card arrive in the mail?

Last edited by _NYC; Mar 28, 2011 at 8:59 pm
Old Mar 28, 2011, 6:38 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
Posted at your MR account not by physical cert

Originally Posted by _NYC
How long after the free cert posted did it arrive?
Old Apr 2, 2011, 5:43 pm

The annual fee is not waived for the first year with this deal correct?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.