Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Marriott | Rewards
Reload this Page >

Marriott Premier Credit Card: Sign-up for 50,000 points!

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2010, 6:36 pm

Originally Posted by freeflyin
888-338-2586
Thank you.
Old Nov 19, 2010, 1:50 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
IF you have multiple Mariott cards (prestiege, plat, business) do the elite nights and free nights both stack?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 9:31 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, UA 1P, AMEX Plat/Gold
50K Sign-up Bonus?

Hello,

First time poster but long-term reader here wondering if a 50K sign-up bonus is a worth while deal? Never had a Marriott rewards card but I just got this offer in the mail for all the same perks as the Premier card just instead they are offering 50K for a sign up. I'm a Hilton Diamond so I tend to stay with them and use my Honors card but I'm always interested in new deals.

Is 50K worth the sign-up? Or is this not really worth it?

Thanks!
Old Nov 26, 2010, 3:18 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I personally value MR points at 1Eurocent per point, so that 50,000 points is worth by my value, 500 Euros. 50k MR points will get you 2 nights away in a cat 5, even if all you did was take the card and never stay at Marriott. I recently redeemed 45,000 points for 3 nights on pointsavers in a very good Cat 4 so its a very strong signup offer, I'd personally grab it very happily, but then I'm in the UK where the credit card deal offered by the "sonny can you spare 20 billion Halifax Bank" is extremely weak by comparison to anything available in the USA.

I do know there is a card (from Chase I believe) that offers 5 pts per $ and the chance to accumulate nights credit with regular spend. That would probably be a better deal for a regular MR customer, but for all I know that may be the card you're being offered just with an extra 50k signup.

But whether that card is the best card for a regular MR customer in the USA to carry is beyond me, as a UK resident.

My response, bring it to the UK, I'd sign up in a flash
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:26 am

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, UA 1P, AMEX Plat/Gold
Originally Posted by BrightlyBob
I personally value MR points at 1Eurocent per point, so that 50,000 points is worth by my value, 500 Euros. 50k MR points will get you 2 nights away in a cat 5, even if all you did was take the card and never stay at Marriott. I recently redeemed 45,000 points for 3 nights on pointsavers in a very good Cat 4 so its a very strong signup offer, I'd personally grab it very happily, but then I'm in the UK where the credit card deal offered by the "sonny can you spare 20 billion Halifax Bank" is extremely weak by comparison to anything available in the USA.

I do know there is a card (from Chase I believe) that offers 5 pts per $ and the chance to accumulate nights credit with regular spend. That would probably be a better deal for a regular MR customer, but for all I know that may be the card you're being offered just with an extra 50k signup.

But whether that card is the best card for a regular MR customer in the USA to carry is beyond me, as a UK resident.

My response, bring it to the UK, I'd sign up in a flash
Thanks for information! Pretty much what I was looking for. I'm not familiar with how far a point will go with Marriott. I know that with Hilton I can burn through 50K for one night at a higher category. The chase card I was offered I believe will give 5 points per dollar for Marriott transactions. Then 2 points per dollar for gas stations, grocery etc, and then 1 for everything else.

I appreciate the response.
Old Nov 26, 2010, 9:32 pm

Programs: AA ExecP
Deleted

Last edited by flying_q; Nov 26, 2010 at 9:45 pm
Old Nov 27, 2010, 9:45 am

Is there a link for the 50k bonus or was it targeted? My mom was going to sign up but only offering 30k on MR website. Thanks.
Old Nov 27, 2010, 1:54 pm

Programs: WN F9 HA UA AA IHG HH MR
This link from May 2010 appears to still work. I can't say if the offer is still valid, though.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 7:55 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles GM Marriott Rewards PM
I was able to apply and receive my credit on Nov 11 for this offer when I applied in the end of October. 50,000 points thank you very much, also the 15 nights elite credit got me to gold woo!
Old Nov 29, 2010, 8:36 am

I just used the posted link in the beginning of Nov and just recently got my card and all associated bonuses (free night, 50,000 points, and 15 night credits). Had the free night in my MR account before I even knew I was approved for the card.
Old Nov 29, 2010, 9:27 pm

Programs: AAEXP, BASlv, UAGold, Hyatt Diam, IHG Plt, SPG Plt, HH Diam, MR Plat, CC Gold, Nat ExecElite
If you're talking about the Marriott Premier card from Chase, I think the card is worth it just for the renewal benefits alone (15 elite nights, Cat 1-5 free night certificate annually). I don't use it very often because there are many other cards out there that IMO give better value to spend ratio but for a ~$150-200 or so free night per year, it's worth the $65 annual fee. And if (like me) you don't use it that often, Chase will send you occasional targeted promotions to earn additional free nights by reaching certain transaction or spend thresholds within a given period of time.
Old Nov 30, 2010, 5:47 am

The offer is still valid, just got it in my inbox on 11/23, contemplating if it's worth it.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 6:56 am

Programs: Marriott, United, British Airways, Hertz Gold

I'm Gold status and finally received a promo in the mail I'm interested in.

As a valued Mariott Rewards member, you've been chosen to receive this offer for the Marriott Rewards Premier Credit Card featuring our highest bonus offer - 50,000 points after first purchase -----

Anyway, it's $65 per year and you get 1 free-night and 15 nights credit toward Elite membership. I think this is a good deal and wanted to pass it along in case you haven't recycled all your mail yet.

Thanks!
Old Dec 1, 2010, 7:14 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
First, let me welcome you to the Marriott forum and to FT.

Second, let me point you to a couple of threads that are already discussing this very excellent offer you have received:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...-up-bonus.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...0k-points.html

I suspect that moderator may want to combine this with one of the two threads I have listed, but please don't let that both you too much.

But you have now overcome that "first post" resistence and its all downhill from here. Spend some time searching around here and definitely keep on posting. As a Marriott Gold, I'm sure you have some experiences and knowledge that will be of value to those of us here. And you may even have a question or two that others here may be able to answer.
Old Dec 1, 2010, 9:03 am

Programs: UA "Lifetime" Gold, AS MVPG100K, OW Emerald, HH Lifetime Diamond, IC Plat, Marriott Gold, Hertz Gold
Exclamation Noticing that Annual Free Night

Just a friendly heads-up to anybody signing up for this card for the first time...

For reasons of travel patterns Marriott has become a secondary chain for us. Nonetheless we upgraded to this Marriott card, enticed by the bonuses and the concept that the "free night" would more than cover the annual fee.

We discovered that we'd lost our "free night" this past year about five days after it expired - and of course we'll take our share of the blame for not monitoring it carefully. Mrs. Fredd had looked for it a couple of times, but apparently with insufficient scrutiny.

Between checking this thread and phone calls both to Chase and Marriott Rewards, in which mutual finger-pointing occurred, we learned that the free night quietly appears in one's account in a quite specific location one year after one has signed up and then disappears six months later. No e-mail or any other notification. Our account has no record of its ever having been there. These circumstances would be just fine for those who monitor their Marriott accounts regularly but we don't. Caveat Emptor!

The Rewards people suggested I appeal for reinstatement to Chase. I did so through them and got no response so this morning I cancelled the card.

When I politely explained the situation to the rep the only response was "I'm sorry the card no longer meets your needs..."

In closing, I'm posting this so others are aware that it's necessary to check one's account carefully on the one-year anniversary of its issue to be aware that the night has been deposited, and also to be aware of its six-month expiry. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.