Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:19 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
How is breakfast being handled? It was restaurant buffet pre COVID.

Thanks.
I will find out for sure tomorrow morning, but they told me today at check-in to go to the restaurant and give my room number. Presumably, this will be a buffet, if I had to guess.
seawolf likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:15 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
I will find out for sure tomorrow morning, but they told me today at check-in to go to the restaurant and give my room number. Presumably, this will be a buffet, if I had to guess.
My assumption was wrong - at least today, it was only a la carte. I ordered an entree, a side, and coffee - no check to sign. Very nice and much preferred compared to a buffet :-)
seawolf, flyme2 and OMCA like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:23 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
My assumption was wrong - at least today, it was only a la carte. I ordered an entree, a side, and coffee - no check to sign. Very nice and much preferred compared to a buffet :-)
Entree is still a good option.

Was buffet even on the menu? If not then it might have been a COVID casualty.

The buffet was one of the better North America offerings.
OMCA likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:26 am

Entree is still a good option.

Was buffet even on the menu? If not then it might have been a COVID casualty.

The buffet was one of the better North America offerings.
When walking by the restaurant a few days ago outside, I saw some buffet dishes through the window. My assumption is that a buffet is offered over the weekends - also based on the language of the hostess "today, it's a la carte". Personally, I prefer a la carte, but overall, I think, regardless, Le Westin is offering a heavily compliant breakfast offering with real food and no murkiness, which is great for all.
flyme2 and OMCA like this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:36 am

The key to my heart is a welcome gift of 6 macarons waiting for me as I enter the room!
Score, kid!
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:39 am

When walking by the restaurant a few days ago outside, I saw some buffet dishes through the window. My assumption is that a buffet is offered over the weekends - also based on the language of the hostess "today, it's a la carte". Personally, I prefer a la carte, but overall, I think, regardless, Le Westin is offering a heavily compliant breakfast offering with real food and no murkiness, which is great for all.
Sometimes less is more, especially in F&B, where quantity and quality are rarely bedfellows.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:43 am

@ElevatorEnthusiast:
Will you be hitting all the FS Bonvoy properties in town? 😁 You've still the Sheraton, Renaissance, W and Ritz to go. I'd forgo Le Méridien, in case it was up for consideration. But the rooftop bar at the Ren is quite the popular spot. Much younger crowd that I suspect might match your demographic.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by flyme2
@ElevatorEnthusiast:
Will you be hitting all the FS Bonvoy properties in town? 😁 You've still the Sheraton, W and Ritz to go. I'd forgo Le Méridien, in case it was up for consideration.
You've caught me - reservations for Humaniti, the Renaissance, W (SNA already cleared for WOW Suite), the Ritz, and Sheraton have all been made for this week! I'll be staying at Le Westin for a second night tonight - the lack of macarons will be hard to deal with, but the bed had some Heavenly-ly thick covers, so I'll manage.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:08 am

@ElevatorEnthusiast:
I have actually quite enjoyed dinners at the Westin's GaZette restaurant. It's not the typical hotel restaurant. The Ritz's Maison Boulud is also a favorite. Food is a bit more traditional French, with a slight Italian twist. The wine list is stellar.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:27 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
You've caught me - reservations for Humaniti, the Renaissance, W (SNA already cleared for WOW Suite), the Ritz, and Sheraton have all been made for this week! I'll be staying at Le Westin for a second night tonight - the lack of macarons will be hard to deal with, but the bed had some Heavenly-ly thick covers, so I'll manage.
No Chateau Champlain? M Club is brand new.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 11:31 am

No Chateau Champlain? M Club is brand new.
Chateau Champlain and Delta already completed! The M Club had delicious chocolate macarons and chocolate tarts in the evening but was severely lacking scrambled eggs at breakfast.
seawolf likes this.
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Chateau Champlain and Delta already completed! The M Club had delicious chocolate macarons and chocolate tarts in the evening but was severely lacking scrambled eggs at breakfast.
How does a hotel's restaurant get the "severely lacking scrambled eggs" assessment? One egg? Crunchy dried up egg bits?

David
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:42 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
How does a hotel's restaurant get the "severely lacking scrambled eggs" assessment? One egg? Crunchy dried up egg bits?

David
When the hotel locks their scrambled eggs behind a glass door to the restaurant buffet - we can look, but we can't taste!

Luckily, buffet or not, Le Westin did not choose to lock any of their breakfast dishes behind a glass door :-)
Old Jul 11, 2022, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
When the hotel locks their scrambled eggs behind a glass door to the restaurant buffet - we can look, but we can't taste!

Luckily, buffet or not, Le Westin did not choose to lock any of their breakfast dishes behind a glass door :-)
Ah. Missed that post in the relevant hotel thread:

To sum things up, I am really enjoying my stay. The bed is fantastic with fresh pillows and thick covers (likely from newness). No upgrade beyond 33rd floor Concierge King, but nothing was available online. They asked proactively about late checkout.

The one issue is the breakfast in the M Club - it's very continental with only cold options. The pastries were good, but it wouldn't be that hard to make some scrambled eggs. There is a glass door to the real buffet in the restaurant, but I was told that wasn't included - why build the door with glass then?

Oh, well, nothing's ever perfect, and now I have room for lunch!
Got a pic of said door? That's pretty sad.

David
Old Jul 11, 2022, 6:28 pm

Originally Posted by DELee
Ah. Missed that post in the relevant hotel thread:

Got a pic of said door? That's pretty sad.

David
Unfortunately, I didn't get a picture, but just imagine a glass sliding door for a store entrance. Perhaps, in the future, they will open the door and allow the scrambled eggs to flow!

However, I did get lots of pictures of Le Westin!

dgreen12 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.