Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2022, 9:12 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
I've stayed at the Westin several times. Never had a corner room before. Was it a comp upgrade?
Old Jul 12, 2022, 5:22 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Originally Posted by seawolf
I've stayed at the Westin several times. Never had a corner room before. Was it a comp upgrade?
My understanding is that this is a Deluxe King, which is technically a category below the Premium rooms. Frankly, I thought this was a good upgrade as it was large and had a full sitting area. This was my complimentary upgrade that showed up the morning of arrival.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 9:42 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
2 night mid-week stay earlier in the week. Both valet and check-in was efficient and friendly. Valet parking is $39/night.

The front desk agent handed over 2 coupons - each one is good for house wine or tapas for 2 people. The bartender was pretty good in working with you on which wines you can choose from, which is basically the $16 selections. The tapas were the $18 smaller appetizers - smoked meat poutine, calamaries, or arancini. The dinner is actually pretty good.

I was upgraded to a corner room, which was the best room available with a couple comfy chairs as seating area. Surprisingly, the room did not have the pumps of bathroom amenities available - instead, it was small bottles of Pharmacopia verbana shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, and no bath wash. Room was set at 5 degrees Celsius by housekeeping. Since I was not storing meat in the room, I turned the temperature up.

One thing my friend noticed was that the pool bottom can be seen from the hotel entrance.

Breakfast was included for Platinum and above. Check in with the restaurant receptionist, and she notes your room number, and place an indicator on the table for the server. According to the server, you can order anything off the menu, with no restrictions.

The egg white omelet was pretty good - I got it fully loaded with all toppings, and it came with toast, hashbrowns and fruit.

The avocado toast was disappointing - it was basically half of avocado on standard wheat toast, with a salad next to it - that's it.

Overall, the hotel kept up with its standards, and a great place to stay in Montreal.
ElevatorEnthusiast likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 10:23 am

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
Sad I missed out on those hashbrowns! They look crunchy.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 11:59 am
Original Member

Originally Posted by PTahCha
I was upgraded to a corner room, which was the best room available with a couple comfy chairs as seating area. Surprisingly, the room did not have the pumps of bathroom amenities available - instead, it was small bottles of Pharmacopia verbana shampoo, conditioner, lotion, soap, and no bath wash. Room was set at 5 degrees Celsius by housekeeping. Since I was not storing meat in the room, I turned the temperature up.
Is 5C a typo or exaggeration? Never seen a thermostat allowing such a setting.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
Originally Posted by seawolf
Is 5C a typo or exaggeration? Never seen a thermostat allowing such a setting.
It's not! I was surprised that the system allowed such low setting, which means it was running constantly. Had to adjust it back up to something a bit more normal.
Old Aug 7, 2022, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by PTahCha
It's not! I was surprised that the system allowed such low setting, which means it was running constantly. Had to adjust it back up to something a bit more normal.
Ah, the "brisk" setting.

David
Old Oct 31, 2023, 2:25 pm

A few updates from my 2nd stay here last night:
  • Upgraded to a Larger Corner King a few days before arrival - I didn’t see any higher room types available online - not sure this hotel has standard suites anyway?
  • Unlike last time, I had a much nicer front-facing view towards the square and Humaniti - no couch, though
  • Bed was great - very heavy covers, plush feather pillows, plush mattress
  • Shower pressure from the two shower heads was decent
  • Like last time (and I’m almost sure they are the same macarons as the Sheraton), received some lovely macarons with Halloween sprinkles
  • Tapas offering for Elites is crazy - massive plate of calamari that was very well-textured, also got a juice mixture (since I didn’t want wine or beer) - bar service was very friendly despite a completely packed bar
  • Breakfast (was told this was already included and that I should pick points) was a buffet this time - while I kind of missed the a la carte menu, the food was tasty, including soft and fluffy eggs and good hash browns
  • Offered 4 PM late checkout
  • Really appreciated it being called out that I had been to the property before at check-in - when I told them I was going to visit Honeyrose this trip, they told me they wanted to hear how it was the next time I come back to Le Westin :-)

I do think cleanliness could be slightly improved - they need a lint roller for the duvet cover, and some
of the sheets are obviously a bit older. There were also 3 annoying flies - I caught 2 of them. They must have wanted macarons as much as I do.

A few photos:

dgreen12 and lamphs like this.
Old Oct 31, 2023, 3:26 pm
Original Member

Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
A few updates from my 2nd stay here last night:
  • Upgraded to a Larger Corner King a few days before arrival - I didn’t see any higher room types available online - not sure this hotel has standard suites anyway?
  • Unlike last time, I had a much nicer front-facing view towards the square and Humaniti - no couch, though
  • Bed was great - very heavy covers, plush feather pillows, plush mattress
  • Shower pressure from the two shower heads was decent
  • Like last time (and I’m almost sure they are the same macarons as the Sheraton), received some lovely macarons with Halloween sprinkles
  • Tapas offering for Elites is crazy - massive plate of calamari that was very well-textured, also got a juice mixture (since I didn’t want wine or beer) - bar service was very friendly despite a completely packed bar
  • Breakfast (was told this was already included and that I should pick points) was a buffet this time - while I kind of missed the a la carte menu, the food was tasty, including soft and fluffy eggs and good hash browns
  • Offered 4 PM late checkout
  • Really appreciated it being called out that I had been to the property before at check-in - when I told them I was going to visit Honeyrose this trip, they told me they wanted to hear how it was the next time I come back to Le Westin :-)
Thanks for the update. Westin is a solid option thought not much in terms of upgrade when compared with W/Humaniti etc. My default go-to as corporate rate is reasonable compared with Humaniti.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.