Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 18, 2019, 3:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Print Wikipost

Westin Montreal, Canada [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Sep 13, 2017, 10:57 am

Programs: SPG LT Plat, Hilton G,Priorty Club G, AC E
I know this....

Originally Posted by seawolf
There is a switch to turn off the second showerhead.
...but the initial blast its hard to tell whether its on or not.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 9:25 am
Original Member

Programs: UA 1K/1MM, AA EXP, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat Amb
The property offers Platinum Amenity points, daily breakfast buffet and daily tapas coupon for Platinums. You don't have to pick one over the other.

I believe the dual Heavenly showerheads are in the premium rooms but not the regular rooms.
Hmmm.. the breakfast buffet was not mentioned during check-in. Oversight on the agent's part?
Old Sep 21, 2017, 2:11 am

Back at the property again. Previous stay was September 2016. Both times were given a coupon per night for one tapas or house wine/domestic beer at gazette. Coupon indicated valid 17h to 19h but in practice, staff was ok with use anytime. Quality of tapas is pretty good. Between this and full breakfast buffet, Westin actually beat other SPG properties.

Overall W give the best upgrades (Fantastic Suite or even higher) while Le Meridien will place in Junior Suite. However the breakfast at Westin beats both and Sheraton Club Lounge hands down.
No mention of full breakfast buffet when I was there. Nice.

Cheers,
Old Feb 5, 2018, 4:27 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriot 100+ Badge

Programs: Hyatt Glob; Hilton Dia; Marriott AMB; Accor Dia; IHG Dia Amb; GHA Tit
Decent Alternative In Montreal

Le Westin Montréal

Map| 1 Review | 100% Recommended

Le Westin Montréal

270 St. Antoine Ouest Montreal, QC CA H2Y 0A3

Decent Alternative In Montreal (5 Photos)

Le Westin Montréal

I recently stayed at this property for the first time.  I found the hotel to be a fairly typical North American Westin.  There was nothing to wow me, but the hotel did not have downsides that would prevent me from returning.  If you compare Starwood options in Montreal, the best comparison price-wise, point-wise, and location-wise would be Le Centre Sheraton (both are 12k starpoints per night). I think the choice especially for platinums would be whether you want a hotel with a club lounge or not.  The hardware and the room at Westin is better than Sheraton, but you won't get a club lounge at Westin.

As the platinum benefit at Westin you need to choose between breakfast or points - you cannot get both.  I chose points so I cannot comment on the breakfast quality.  As others mentioned, platinums also get a voucher for one free drink or one free tapas for use between 5pm and 7pm.  Timing was not working for me so I did not use my voucher.

Valet parking is on the expensive side at 34 CAD.  

Room

I booked a traditional room and I was upgraded to a premium room.  I am not sure why they do not call it a junior suite, because the living room is actually completely separate from the bedroom.  I did not particularly like the layout if you are travelling alone.  The room is long and narrow with windows only at the very end (in the bedroom).  That means that when you enter the room, you are in the living room and it's dark with no natural lighting which made the living room kind of depressing.  On the flip side, since the living room is completely separate from the bedroom, you can close the door and you are further removed from the hallway so you cannot get disturbed by noise outside your room for sure.  In addition, the living room has a sofa-bed so I could see that for some people this layout would be convenient if you have a guest or two who want to stay overnight in your room, or if you have children.  You have some privacy because you end up having effectively two separate bedrooms.

The bathroom is nice with a large shower.  As in other Westins, I appreciate the small lavender bottle by the bedside.

20180201_154257.jpg20180201_154331.jpg20180201_154347.jpg20180201_154503.jpg20180201_154714.jpg

The hotel is perfectly located right in front of the convention center and in front of a subway station (Place d'Armes).  You are only a two-minute walk from the W so location is pretty much the same.  This area is close to the entertainment district and the business area so it is easily walkable to most locations and a big plus for this hotel.  

Overall

I usually prefer hotels with a club lounge so I will be hesitant to pick the Westin instead of Le Centre Sheraton in the future.  However there is nothing wrong with Westin and I think it comes down to personal preference.  For sleep quality and a quiet room, Westin would be a good choice especially in the premium room.  

Decent Alternative In Montreal

Would you like to write a review on the Le Westin Montréal?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 5, 2018, 6:45 am
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Did front desk explicitly make you pick point or breakfast? I haven't been since earlier 2017 but at that time, Platinums get points and breakfast.
Old Feb 6, 2018, 8:38 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Ex-UA-1K
I was there in late November, got the same upgrade as escape4. At check-in was offered tapas voucher, breakfast AND points. We thought the breakfast buffet (for our expectations) and the service were lovely.
Old Feb 10, 2018, 1:51 pm

Did front desk explicitly make you pick point or breakfast? I haven't been since earlier 2017 but at that time, Platinums get points and breakfast.
I do not remember the exact wording of the conversation, but no, I do not think it was 100% explicit. So it sounds like there might have been a misunderstanding and incorrect assumption on my part.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 2:54 am

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
What a fantastic stay!

Checked in last weekend and was met by the Director of Front Office who was so nice and adorable. Indeed Plats get to have free buffet breakfast on top of 500 points. But what surprised me the most is that I got upgraded to their 2000 sq ft Presidential Suite in the 22nd floor (2208). Man this place was huge (2 bedrooms/3 bathrooms/kitchenette/and 2 living rooms/4 TVs). Anyways also everyone here was super duper nice especially the gentleman in room service. Wouldn't hesitate coming back here again

Old Jun 1, 2018, 5:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE 2MM; UA MP Premier Silver; Marriott Bonvoy LT Titanium Elite; Radisson; Avis PC
Originally Posted by supatight80
Checked in last weekend and was met by the Director of Front Office who was so nice and adorable. Indeed Plats get to have free buffet breakfast on top of 500 points. But what surprised me the most is that I got upgraded to their 2000 sq ft Presidential Suite in the 22nd floor (2208). Man this place was huge (2 bedrooms/3 bathrooms/kitchenette/and 2 living rooms/4 TVs). Anyways also everyone here was super duper nice especially the gentleman in room service. Wouldn't hesitate coming back here again

Wow, you're on a roll! ^
I was upgraded to that suite once, and that was several years ago. It's a nice property and they treat Plats pretty well.
supatight80 likes this.
Old Jun 1, 2018, 10:36 pm

Programs: AC*Super Elite (100K) / PR*Elite / AY*Platinum (OWE) / SPG*Bonvoy Titanium (LTT)
Originally Posted by yyznomad
Wow, you're on a roll! ^
I was upgraded to that suite once, and that was several years ago. It's a nice property and they treat Plats pretty well.
haha! Yes thank you Not gonna last forever though! I'm sure next next stay wont be as generous as this!
Old Sep 1, 2018, 6:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL PM, Hyatt Diamond
Does anyone have any experience with this property granting Platinum benefits if the second guest is Platinum, but I am only Gold?

My wife is Platinum, and we will be traveling together, but I need the elite nights to hit Platinum next year more than she does. But don’t want to give up breakfast, etc.
Old Sep 1, 2018, 7:18 am

Originally Posted by supatight80
haha! Yes thank you Not gonna last forever though! I'm sure next next stay wont be as generous as this!
Wow, I would go back to Westin for that room! Much nicer than what I got at Westin last time, or my rooms at Le Centre Sheraton or LM Versailles.
Old Jan 11, 2020, 12:09 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Any more recent stays? Is this still a good option for upgrades and free tapas? Thanks!
Old Jul 10, 2022, 5:40 pm

Programs: MB Ambassador, WOH Globalist, HH Diamond (Aspire), AA Gold, UA (*G) Gold
The key to my heart is a welcome gift of 6 macarons waiting for me as I enter the room!
flyme2 likes this.
Old Jul 10, 2022, 6:17 pm
Original Member

Programs: AA 2MM, Bonvoy LTT, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by ElevatorEnthusiast
The key to my heart is a welcome gift of 6 macarons waiting for me as I enter the room!
How is breakfast being handled? It was restaurant buffet pre COVID.

Thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.