Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 21, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: ElevatorEnthusiast
Print Wikipost

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok, Thailand [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 31, 2016, 1:04 am

Programs: AA EXP/1mm, Marriott Titanium/LT Gold, UA Silver
Booked the SGS for my first stay in a few months due to this thread. Threw SNA's on it - will see how that goes.

Normally I am more of a W person but per the posts above - the pool here sold me. Looks like best of both worlds - explore the city but also have that sanctuary to relax. Cannot wait for my stay!
Old Jan 2, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by uscjeff
Booked the SGS for my first stay in a few months due to this thread. Threw SNA's on it - will see how that goes.

Normally I am more of a W person but per the posts above - the pool here sold me. Looks like best of both worlds - explore the city but also have that sanctuary to relax. Cannot wait for my stay!
Nice call but, IH8SC
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LT PLT; QR GLD; Bonvoy LT TIT
Originally Posted by schoflyer
Nice call but, IH8SC
IH8SC?
Old Jan 2, 2017, 9:52 am
Hyatt Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LTG, IHG Platinum
Back here at the SGS following a long spell staying at other Bangkok properties; it's only my 4th visit which is such a lousy number anyway

No suite upgrade as it's full (it is and I did check ) but apparently I am in an upgraded Luxury room which doesn't feel any different to the lowest category rooms (except maybe on a much higher floor / better view?). Although renovated, I felt a bit of nostalgia coming here. Everything felt the same when I was last here in 2012, and when I first stayed in 2008. I had to review my old photos of the SGS to see that the room has actually indeed changed.

Anyway, staff have been great here. Welcoming, professional and warm. Can't fault any one of them.

Breakfast at Rossini is great - feeling much more intimate and tranquil. Will have breakfast at the main restaurant tomorrow to "feel" the difference.

Mr Chapman visited Rossini this morning and greeted all the guests - nice touch. It's good to see managers find time to walk around, talk to guests and get instant feedback / "mood surveys", rather than wait for the monthly/quarterly reports to get a picture on how guests are travelling.

Pool area - pretty nice area for a city hotel and you definitely zone out and feel like you are thousand miles away.

Anyway, will be moving myself to the St Regis tomorrow afternoon. I love the hard product the St Regis has there so we'll see how they compare back to back overall.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 10:51 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AS 75K; UA 1MM; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott LTP; Hilton Diamond (Aspire)
Originally Posted by Dr. HFH
IH8SC?
Undoubtedly posted by a Bruin.
Old Jan 2, 2017, 6:42 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by Kacee
Undoubtedly posted by a Bruin.
Nope, Cal Golden Bear ^
Old Feb 9, 2017, 10:36 am

Looks like the SGS is moving down a category, from 5 to 4, on March 7. I haven't stayed here, but it makes it very attractive to try out on points on my next trip.

https://www.spgpromos.com/2017categorychange/
Old Feb 10, 2017, 2:54 am

Programs: free agent
Glad to see that, so it can be useful for SPG night & flight package once again (I did that couple of years ago and really enjoy my stay at this property).
Old Feb 10, 2017, 5:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K1.75MM, Hyatt Globalist, abandoned Marriott LTT (RIP SPG), Hertz PC
Originally Posted by eccentricfusion
Looks like the SGS is moving down a category, from 5 to 4, on March 7. I haven't stayed here, but it makes it very attractive to try out on points on my next trip.

https://www.spgpromos.com/2017categorychange/
Yup - my all-in rate for my annual visit comes out to about $200 USD...hate booking points for Cat 5 at that level, but Cat 4 is much more palatable
Old Feb 10, 2017, 6:24 am
formerly known as 2lovelife

Location: ORF : UA_Premier_Gold4Life, Bonvoy_titanium, Accor_Plat
Smart move SGS!
Old Feb 10, 2017, 4:57 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
Delete

Last edited by SHLTP; Feb 25, 2017 at 10:03 pm
Old Feb 10, 2017, 9:01 pm

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Originally Posted by washeelers747
Glad to see that, so it can be useful for SPG night & flight package once again (I did that couple of years ago and really enjoy my stay at this property).
Aha, this may be a good idea now. Thanks for the reminder.
Old Feb 16, 2017, 6:38 pm

An Oasis in the middle of Bangkok

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

250 Sukhumvit Road Bangkok, Thailand TH

An Oasis in the middle of Bangkok (0 Photo)

Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel

Just back from 5 days at Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, Bangkok.  What an excellent hotel.  Staff was super helpful and friendly.  Concierge patiently spent a lot of time on the phone with Air Asia to help us change our flights.  Room a bit dated, but still quite luxurious with excellent bath products, comfortable bed and sofa.  After a hot and sweaty day touring temples and markets, it was wonderful to come back to the tropical pool.  It was an oasis in the middle of the city.  Spg Platinum members have free cocktails in the evening in the “Living Room” or at the pool.  We wanted to try the Living Room for drinks (we did enjoy it at other times), but it was so comfortable lying at the pool amidst the foliage with no city noise, that it became our daily refuge to cool off and relax.  Used my SNA’s to upgrade to Grande Suite.  Lots of space, double baths and closets.  First time to Bangkok.  Hotel location was perfect, directly connected to BTS Skytrain and subway.  Across the street from the Westin and a huge mall with a “local” food court.  More than 50 stalls, too many choices. Two people can have a full meal for under $6.  Definitely would recommend the hotel.  Breakfast buffet had a huge selection of Asian and American dishes.  Wanted to try breakfast in Rossini's, but again kept going back for Asian at the main buffet.

An Oasis in the middle of Bangkok

Would you like to write a review on the Sheraton Grande Sukhumvit, A Luxury Collection Hotel?

No, thank you.
Yes
Old Feb 19, 2017, 8:26 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
Note that Platinum members can also go to BarSu for cocktails at happy hour, which is my usual preference.
Old Apr 1, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: free agent
Anyone have experience with luxury privileges booking at this property? Just made a luxury privilege booking at this hotel, and can't wait come back to this hotel once again, even I am SPG Gold, instead of plat.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.