Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:22 pm
alc

Originally Posted by jmd001
Thanks, keep forgot about this thread. It might be good if the Wiki summary update with this info as well.
Old Mar 12, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott LTPP/Platinum Premier, Hyatt Lame-ist, UA !K
Originally Posted by alc
Thanks, keep forgot about this thread. It might be good if the Wiki summary update with this info as well.
Uh, the Wiki for this thread has info on which London area hotels have a Concierge or Executive Lounge. The purpose of the Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends sticky thread is to keep and maintain info on which lounges are open or closed on the weekends. Keeping the wiki in synch with the other thread is duplicative.

David
Old Mar 13, 2017, 12:12 am
alc

Originally Posted by DELee
Uh, the Wiki for this thread has info on which London area hotels have a Concierge or Executive Lounge. The purpose of the Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends sticky thread is to keep and maintain info on which lounges are open or closed on the weekends. Keeping the wiki in synch with the other thread is duplicative.

David
oh, ok, I guess it was a bad suggestion. Apologies for the respond. Wasn't meant to cause issue here. Was just making a comment to provide an one-stop-shopping in this thread for all London area hotels so someone doesn't need to search that thread for each properties that has a CL.
Old Mar 19, 2017, 2:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wiki updates: 19 March 2017

Based on alc's comments, I've added a link to the Domestic & International Executive Lounges Open/Closed on Weekends thread at the top of Section 4 of the wiki just before info about the individual London Marriott properties.

Other notes:
  • A MOXY London Stratford is now listed by Marriott to bring the number of London properties up to 29. While it currently scheduled to be available in July 2017, no data about its Category is so far provided.
  • The new thread for the MOXY London Excel that SkiAdcock generated is now cited for that property.
  • Also, until the MOXY Stratford is bookable, will I update the statistics for all London properties in Section 3. Others are welcome to do the calculations if they'd like to update the data therein.
  • I've added information in kilometers (or should that be kilometres) when I've cited mileage or distances in miles.
  • For each individual property, I've updated the data fields to include when a property was built. For one of the properties (Grosvenor House), I found the data on Wikipedia.
  • For the (now) Grand Residences by Marriott, a fairly old thread (47 Park Street, London) is now cited as the property's thread. Hadn't realized until I was working my way through this thread that the property had been previously referenced by its street address. That being said, the cited thread is over 12 years old and the property deserves a newer up-to-date one if anyone has stayed recently. This also applies to the review cited at the top this thread for the Grand Residences that dates to 2003.
David

Last edited by DELee; Mar 19, 2017 at 2:26 am
Old Mar 19, 2017, 9:13 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by DELee
[*]For the (now) Grand Residences by Marriott, a fairly old thread (47 Park Street, London) is now cited as the property's thread. Hadn't realized until I was working my way through this thread that the property had been previously referenced by its street address. That being said, the cited thread is over 12 years old and the property deserves a newer up-to-date one if anyone has stayed recently.

David
Thanks for the work you've done on the wiki.

Re: 47 Park Street. Until recently the street address WAS the name of the property. Now it's 47 Park Street – Grand Residences by Marriott.

Also, the last time you were able to earn/burn points there was either 2003 or 2004. I think I was one of the last to book an award stay. It even said on the Marriott website that you could book it, but wouldn't earn points, which may be why there aren't many trip reports. Now the website doesn't mention earn/burn, but if someone is thinking of staying there I'd certain confirm the situation with Marriott, given the rates are 429-899GBP.

We have a few FTers who own timeshares there (or did a decade ago; no idea if they still do). Timeshares are for 21 days & range in price from 75,000-225,000 GBP.

https://www.47parkstreet.com/ppc/ind...&cid=ppc-brand
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ayfair-london/

Cheers.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 12:05 pm
alc

DELee just want to say thanks as well, as this thread, especially the summary in Wiki and the posts above really going to help my family to plan our stay this coming Summer. Much appreciated.
Old Mar 20, 2017, 1:24 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

DELee is my nominee for FTer of the Month. Thanks for your work on the Wiki.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: United 1K; Marriott Bonvoy Gold, Hilton Honors Silver
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Marriott hotel where gold and/or plat are well recognized, the lounge is at the least decent, and the location isn't too bad? I stayed at Marble Arch years ago, and was just horrified by it at the time. Last time in London (2012) I stayed at the JW Grosvenor House, and was greatly underwhelmed with the lounge. Looking to burn points May 12th-May18th. Most important things are location and lounge access for gold&plat (as I see St. Pancreas only offers access to plats). Any recommendation, opinion, or general response is appreciated.

crfgon
Old Mar 26, 2017, 9:12 am

Originally Posted by crfgon
Does anyone have a suggestion for a good Marriott hotel where gold and/or plat are well recognized, the lounge is at the least decent, and the location isn't too bad? I stayed at Marble Arch years ago, and was just horrified by it at the time. Last time in London (2012) I stayed at the JW Grosvenor House, and was greatly underwhelmed with the lounge. Looking to burn points May 12th-May18th. Most important things are location and lounge access for gold&plat (as I see St. Pancreas only offers access to plats). Any recommendation, opinion, or general response is appreciated.

crfgon
You could read through this thread for reports or pull up the various property threads for recent reports. BTW - JW exec lounge is now on the ground floor & much larger than it was in 2012.

Cheers.
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:01 am
In memoriam

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, IHG Spire, UA Silver, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
The JW Grosvenor House has always been good with upgrades for both Gold and Plat. It has also upgraded and moved its CL since 2012.

County Hall and Grosvenor Sq are both rock solid 5* Marriott's with good lounges, as is the Docklands based West India Quay which is right next to the West India Quay DLR station.

Threadneedle's, St Ermins and Xenia don't have lounges. Xenia's policy is a 1-category upgrade and rooms start at teeny-tiny. It's opposite the 4* Kensington Marriott and is therefore on the edge of the zone-1 city centre tube. The Marriott lounge has very good food and long hours but is windowless, it commonly upgrades but this is London, so they're not huge rooms.

For business on a limited budget I generally choose the Kensington Marriott, or Xenia. A more liberal budget sees me at the JW. The County Hall location is excellent for a classic tourist visit as is St Ermins. For regular London visitors who want a weekend in the capital there's good money to be saved at the excellent Ren St Pancras with its top-of-the-range lounge, alas Plat only!
Old Mar 26, 2017, 10:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by crfgon

crfgon
Take a look at the wiki at the top of this thread. I've provided a breakdown of which London Marriott hotels have the greatest number of suites - both total numbers as well as percentages - as well as which properties have a Concierge/Executive Lounge. In addition, the relevant thread for each London property is linked so that you can quickly go through the ones of interest to you.

David
Old Apr 1, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: MR Plat; AA Gold; UA Silver
Just completed 3 nights at Park Lane on my first trip to London. It's a fantastic property all around. While I was not upgraded (it did seem sold out) I had no complaints about my room other than not being given a room with a view. The hotel sent up a bottle of prosecco for my birthday which was nice. It was probably the most beautiful hotel I have ever been in and the staff was great. The lounge is beautiful but I found the offerings pretty basic. I had just 2 minor issues during my stay: 1 - I requested extra soap via the app. It never came. 2 - the fire alarm went off at midnight one night and we all had to evacuate. Apparently a faulty sprinkler in a room. While I don't blame the hotel for that, I found it ridiculous that the hotel staff would not let us take the stairs back up to our rooms - everyone had to take the 3 small elevators, which were acting up.

Other than that I highly recommend it. On the same block as the Marble Arch station. I don't think it took more than 20 mins to get anywhere.

And if you have the good fortune of having Harry Potter and the Cursed Child tickets (as I did on my birthday) - OMG what a great show. I'd go back to London just to see it again.
Old Apr 3, 2017, 9:46 am

Programs: Delta DM, Bonvoy LT Titanium, Hertz PC
Points Stay in June - Which Property?

Based on that last post, I'm guessing Park Lane. I'm staying on points at end of June. I booked some Urban Villa property on Priceline for a bid price of $54/night for the first 4 nights since I'm going to tennis matches most all day/night then (6/22-6/26), and it's not too far from Queen's Club, but want to stay somewhere fairly fancy and central the last 5 nights (6/26-7/1) of my trip when I'm going to be more relaxed and able to enjoy the amenities of a nice hotel. I picked Park Lane based on 4.6 score on Marriott. I excluded all properties wanting $ + points only.

London Marriott Hotel Grosvenor Square - 180K
London Marriott Hotel Park Lane - 180K (currently reserved)
Grosvenor House, A JW Marriott - 180K
London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch - 160K
London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale - 140K
Old Apr 3, 2017, 10:25 am

Originally Posted by bergamini
All 3 are good choices & they're 5 minutes apart from each other. I've stayed at all 3. I personally like JW better, but had good experience at PL & GS as well. So if I were you I'd either stick w/ PL or switch to JW. I didn't get as many upgrades at GS & don't like that its lounge is in the basement. Given your criteria I'd drop MA & MV.

Cheers.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 3:54 pm

Location: Base: EWR/LGA/JFK. 2016: BOM, DEL, HYD, BKK, SIN, HKG, ICN, NRT, LAX, SFO, DEN, ORD, BNA, IAH, MIA, MDE, BOG, CHO, IAD, LHR, LCY, FRA, ZRH, LIN, MXP
Programs: UA 1K, Hertz Presidents Circle, Ritz Lifetime Platinum Premier, SPG Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by bergamini
Based on that last post, I'm guessing Park Lane. I'm staying on points at end of June. I booked some Urban Villa property on Priceline for a bid price of $54/night for the first 4 nights since I'm going to tennis matches most all day/night then (6/22-6/26), and it's not too far from Queen's Club, but want to stay somewhere fairly fancy and central the last 5 nights (6/26-7/1) of my trip when I'm going to be more relaxed and able to enjoy the amenities of a nice hotel. I picked Park Lane based on 4.6 score on Marriott. I excluded all properties wanting $ + points only.

London Marriott Hotel Marble Arch - 160K
London Marriott Hotel Maida Vale - 140K
JW fit and finish is nicer. Marriott GS and Park Lane are basically the same thing. The last two are basic compared to the first 3 and I don't like either of them. I'd personally pick the JW at those price points, but Park Lane is better if you want to be directly over the Tube.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.