Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Marriott Bonvoy hotels in London, UK

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:44 pm
hts

Programs: AA EP, USAir Chairman, MR Lifetime Plat
Thanks mahasamatman--I found the sticky! But isn't that just telling us which properties have lounges, whether they're open on weekends or not, etc.?

I'm looking for more qualitative type reviews from frequent travelers that might have had the opportunity to sample/compare multiple properties in order to hear from their personal experiences--thanks!
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:51 pm

You aren't searching very hard... I have read lots of London threads while making my decision.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 6:57 pm
hts

Originally Posted by Orange County Commuter
You aren't searching very hard... I have read lots of London threads while making my decision.
No offense, but I beg to differ. There's a ton of unrelated threads out there. Here's a screen shot of my results (Just simply searched for "London" in the Marriott forum):
Attached Images  
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:09 pm

Not sure why you expect others to do your work for you:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...n-england.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ed-2011-a.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...p-reports.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...ott-hotel.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/marri...se-london.html
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:21 pm
hts

Guys, I really can search myself, ok?

I'm not looking for family properties.

And I wasn't really looking for individual property trip reports (I can find those myself too, ok?).

Surely some of your frequent travelers have stayed at multiple Cat 7-9 London properties, have compared them, and offered your personal opinions for which ones might be nicest for a romantic valentines day vaca?

That's really all I'm looking for--a single thread that might compare several nicer London Marriott properties for couples. I haven't been able to find such a thread. I thought maybe I was missing it (and one of you could refer me to it), or perhaps someone might take this opportunity to write up a thread comparing several of the nicer London properties.

Since I'm such a points whore, I went ahead and booked the St. Ermin's Autograph this evening as a temporary placeholder. It looks like a great location, and they're currently offering a points saver award. That being said, I'd gladly cancel it and swap it out for the JW/Grosvenor, St Pancras, Park Lane, County Hall, etc. if there's a compelling reason to do so--thanks.
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:35 pm

Originally Posted by hts
Surely some of your frequent travelers have stayed at multiple Cat 7-9 London properties, have compared them, and offered your personal opinions for which ones might be nicest for a romantic valentines day vaca?

That's really all I'm looking for--a single thread that might compare several nicer London Marriott properties for couples.
But that is not what your question was:

Thinking about taking my girl to London (her first time) over valentines day and for you lucky enough to travel there frequently on business, wondering what your favorite Marriott property is.

Although I'd rather not spend the points required for a Cat 18 or 20 (just kidding, although it bothers me that London and Paris always seem to be so darn expensive), but it's only for 5 nights, so what the heck?

Marriott Park Lane? JW Grosvenor House? St Pancreas Renaissance? Something else?

Would like a nice property at a good location, so I'm prepared to step up and spend for a ridiculous Cat 8/9. Any of these known to offer Plats particular good service & nice lounges for breakfast (and maybe evening snacks if we're tired and back to the hotel in time)?
Old Aug 27, 2017, 7:38 pm
hts

Fair enough. Point well taken.

Are there any comparisons the sort of which I currently seek out there? And if not, would anyone care to create one?

It looks like the St Ermin's doesn't have a lounge. Not sure how strongly I feel about that, as I'd like to think we'd spend most of our 5 nights in London out and about, but then again, it's always nice to have that lounge available (just in case).

:-)
Old Aug 28, 2017, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador, UA Mileage Plus 1K, AA Executive Plat, Marriott Ambassador Elite
Never like all the berating when people ask a question if they can't find what they are looking for. Very rude.

For me and MRS CALMSP, we always try to stay at the Autograph Properties. We just booked 4 days at Threadneedles and have also stayed at St Ermin's which we really enjoyed (along with others around London).

That being said, I have not had the chance to stay at County Hall, right next to the Eye. But, the other top 3, which some you have mentioned are a great location as well. Those being Park Lane, Grosvenor and the JW.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 1:31 am

We tend to stay at Marriott Grosvenor Square, primarily due to location, certainly recommend. The maze restaurant onsite is also superb in my opinion if arriving to the hotel late and don't fancy venturing out further.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:00 am
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Free Agent
Originally Posted by hts
Guys, I really can search myself, ok?

I'm not looking for family properties.
I'm not sure you understand the thread. It's not for "family properties." It's for properties in the "Marriott family" (ie. exactly what you're asking for).
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:02 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by Beltway2A
I'm not sure you understand the thread. It's not for "family properties." It's for properties in the "Marriott family" (ie. exactly what you're asking for).
This.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:42 am
hts

Thoughts/preferences for a couples' touristy Valentines Day vaca: St Pancras (do Plats have access to the excellent lounge when staying on points?), Ermin's (love the location, but no lounge), or JW Grosvenor (again, a decent lounge I think and perhaps a step above either of the other 2)? Thanks.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:43 am
hts

Thank you. You two are correct--I totally misinterpreted those threads as being property recommendations for guests with families--doh!
Old Aug 28, 2017, 7:53 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UALifetimePremierGold, Marriott LifetimeTitanium
Originally Posted by hts
Thoughts/preferences for a couples' touristy Valentines Day vaca: St Pancras (do Plats have access to the excellent lounge when staying on points?), Ermin's (love the location, but no lounge), or JW Grosvenor (again, a decent lounge I think and perhaps a step above either of the other 2)? Thanks.
All 3 are good options. You'll have access to the StP's lounge as a Plat. If a lounge is important, then that knocks St.E out, although it has a good location. I'm partial to JW. You also have the Park Lane. For first time touristy things, some prefer County Hall because of its proximity to Big Ben, etc.

Cheers.
Old Aug 28, 2017, 8:29 am
Suspended

Programs: Delta Diamond, Marriott Ambassador & Lifetime Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, United Silver
Originally Posted by hts
By all reports, upgrades (especially on points) at the Renaissance St. Pancras can be difficult whereas the J.W. Grosvenor House does give upgrades on point stays -- maybe not to a suite, but certainly a nicer room.

I don't believe renovations of rooms at the J.W. is anywhere near finished, but it is a very nice hotel. The service is as good or better than Ritz-Carlton, which would probably be nice for St. Valentine's Day.

The staff always reach out to you before your stay to enquire about arrival times, special plans/occasions and so forth. I would fully expect something from the hotel if you notified staff that you were taking your wife/girlfriend/partner there for St. Valentine's Day.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.