Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of £80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2021, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Originally Posted by Melodsal
hope it’s not too late but no - only guests staying in the Chambers wing have access.
Thanks Melodsal for your reply.

Not to late! But we decided not to go on the Eurostar after all.

Thanks,
Old Aug 19, 2021, 4:21 am

So sometime in Sept. is the latest update we have re. the Chambers Club reopening?
Old Aug 19, 2021, 5:09 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
St. Pancras' online What to Expect page (under Food & Beverages Offerings) now says: "Chambers Club - Returns October 2021"
pazza2000 and CO-PLAT like this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:30 am

Originally Posted by raunow
St. Pancras' online What to Expect page (under Food & Beverages Offerings) now says: "Chambers Club - Returns October 2021"
Surprised at that! It must purely be down to occupancy, where by I don’t expect Oct. to be much busier.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 5:50 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Surprised at that! It must purely be down to occupancy, where by I don’t expect Oct. to be much busier.
it could also be staffing issues, currently a big issue in hospitality in London and rest of the UK.

Also I have never felt this hotel wants to do more than it must, so wouldn't surprise me if it gets pushed again.
Markie likes this.
Old Aug 20, 2021, 6:12 am

Originally Posted by UKTraveller4Fun
it could also be staffing issues, currently a big issue in hospitality in London and rest of the UK.

Also I have never felt this hotel wants to do more than it must, so wouldn't surprise me if it gets pushed again.
A shame because it is, or was, the best Club Lounge in London via Marriott imo
Old Aug 21, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
They're pushing it back month-by-month like it's an AA delay. Looked a couple of weeks ago for an August stay and it said that the Chambers Club was re-opening in September, so now it's October...suspect it won't be for a while.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 3:37 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by steveholt
They're pushing it back month-by-month like it's an AA delay. Looked a couple of weeks ago for an August stay and it said that the Chambers Club was re-opening in September, so now it's October...suspect it won't be for a while.
I find it hard to believe occupancy is low. We stay at Canary Wharf regularly and definitely busy now. They won’t attract people if they keep the Chambers Club closed, either.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 7:04 am

Programs: SPG-Plat, Hilton-Diamond, Club Carlson-Silver, Cathay-Diamond, Virgin-Gold
Originally Posted by stuartpig
I find it hard to believe occupancy is low. We stay at Canary Wharf regularly and definitely busy now. They won’t attract people if they keep the Chambers Club closed, either.

Apparently in a lot of the Marriott's in London weekends are very busy then occupancy drops massively during the week. There also has apparently been a general drop of in London in the past 2 weeks, with a lot of cancellation of bookings by staycation people who either found elsewhere to go in the UK or headed abroad.

Plus Hilton has been so much cheaper that Marriott in Central London mid to higher properties since reopening in my experience, so agree with others maybe a while until they reopening it. Which ironically means so many will rule out staying.
stuartpig likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2021, 8:46 am

With the Chambers Club remaining closed, can anyone else recommend a Marriott in London that has a decent Club Lounge operating as normal? I know the Sheraton Grand’s club lounge has reopened however is not operating as to the same standard as pre Covid, unfortunately.
morphogencc likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2021, 1:47 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Any updates on when the Chamber’s Club is reopening? I’m considering a stay for a work trip in November and would be nice to use the lounge for the first time.
Old Oct 24, 2021, 5:13 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
The hotel offers very little without the Chambers Club. The area (for me personally) is too busy and other than the British Library (I worked for the library but in the north), there isn’t much of note in the immediate area. Canary Wharf for me.
Old Oct 27, 2021, 3:37 pm

Programs: BA GGL/ VS Gold. Former: UA 1K (10 years+) , EY partners Plat, SQ PPS Club, SU Gold, LH SEN/HON
I had reservation here but promptly cancelled, after reading reviews of current stays. The trip advisor reviews which leave much to be desired. ( and we all know how riggered trip advisor is for positive reviews) these were all negative stays.. At £300-£400 a night, no.

With the Chambers wing closed and restaurants not back to what they were no, no. not at £300-£400 a night, no
milesformichael likes this.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 3:46 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Originally Posted by OpenSky
With the Chambers wing closed and restaurants not back to what they were no, no. not at £300-£400 a night, no
Just a clarification : the Chambers wing - the front part of the hotel which houses most of the suites - is open. It's the Chambers club that's closed.

The stated reopening date of the club has slipped a couple of times - at the moment it's showing as "Returns October 2021". If it doesn't, then it'll be a significant issue for those who've booked stays in November in the expectation that it will be open.
Old Oct 28, 2021, 5:59 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by OpenSky
I had reservation here but promptly cancelled, after reading reviews of current stays. The trip advisor reviews which leave much to be desired. ( and we all know how riggered trip advisor is for positive reviews) these were all negative stays.. At £300-£400 a night, no.

we've had two great stays there this year, upgraded to chambers suite both times with full benefits (drinks and nibbles at the bar, free breakfast, free mini bar, free parking). We also paid much less that the rate you quoted - although I appreciate that may be the rate for the night you stayed. Other than the club being closed, all the other benefits are there. And we don’t generally eat in the hotel so the restaurant isn’t an issue for us.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.