Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of £80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2021, 9:26 pm

Programs: Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, BAEC Silver, TK Miles & Smiles Elite
Anyone know:

(1) Has the Chambers Club reopened?
(2) Do Titanium elites still get access?
(3) If no Chambers Club, what do they do for Titanium elites now in the evening?

Thanks.
pazza2000 likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 1:52 am

Originally Posted by ftrichard
Anyone know:

(3) If no Chambers Club, what do they do for Titanium elites now in the evening?

Thanks.
Likewise wondering this also!

I suspect it’s still not reopened as seems to be the norm for Exec/Club lounges within the U.K.
I do think when it does reopen Titanium’s will have access again
I believe they offer something small in its place but nothing to write hom about

Would be good to get some recent data points.
Old Jun 10, 2021, 3:57 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Platinum, United Silver, Marriott Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by ftrichard
Anyone know:

Thanks.
According to https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/lonpr under FOOD & BEVERAGE OFFERINGS: "Chambers Club - Returns July 2021."
pazza2000 and ftrichard like this.
Old Jun 12, 2021, 8:13 am

Originally Posted by Horace
According to https://whattoexpect.marriott.com/lonpr under FOOD & BEVERAGE OFFERINGS: "Chambers Club - Returns July 2021."
Lets hope so, I have a feeling that may be pushed back a little but happy to be proven wrong.
Old Jun 15, 2021, 8:05 pm

Programs: Marriott Ti, OW Ruby
Hello,
I have a question about Eurostar access that comes with a Chambers room/club.

Do Titanium member who aren't staying in the Chambers wing have access to the Eurostar "Checkin " service?

Thanks for any replies.
Old Jun 16, 2021, 2:37 am

Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Do Titanium member who aren't staying in the Chambers wing have access to the Eurostar "Checkin " service?

Thanks for any replies.
Good question actually, maybe worth reaching out to them! Ask them if and when they plan to reopen the Chambers Club itself 😉
Old Jun 18, 2021, 8:01 am

Programs: Titanium at Marriott & Platinum at American (both Lifetime) + various others
What is replacing the Gilbert Scott Restaurant at the St Pancras Renaissance?

I was sad to hear this restaurant wasn't re-opening. It sounds as if the celebrity chef (Marcus Waring) had a ten year lease and chose not to renew when the original term expired in May this year

Its a lovely space and I should think will be a restaurant again in due course. I have searched around but can't find any info. Does anyone have any insights as to what might happen and when?

TIA
Old Jul 21, 2021, 1:49 am
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Originally Posted by pazza2000
Lets hope so, I have a feeling that may be pushed back a little but happy to be proven wrong.
Correct.

Now says:
  • Chambers Club - Returns September 2021.
Old Jul 21, 2021, 9:19 am

Originally Posted by Markie
Correct.

Now says:
  • Chambers Club - Returns September 2021.
At least they’ve put a date on it!
Old Jul 25, 2021, 11:02 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
My Suite Upgrade cleared in to a larger room (Grand Junior Suite)on the corner opposite the British Library.

Bad Aspects
- Issue at check-in as my Luminous benefits were not shown in the booking. This took some time to sort out with Guest Services but in the end they did and credited the Room Service that I used. (£85)
- Very few electrical sockets in the room. Basically the desk is a round table in the 'far' end of the room. There are desktop mounted sockets in the black table
- Noisy from the Euston Road - cars pumping out music and sirens. (Ear Plugs provided in bathroom)
- Breakfast didn't start at the advertised time, they really were not ready for guests until about 7.15am

Good Aspects
-
Room was away from most other quests so little noise from corridors
- Staff friendly and generally helpful
- Bed comfortable
- Decent self-serve buffet breakfast with staff supply of drinks
Old Jul 26, 2021, 3:02 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Plat, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, BMI Gold (RIP)
Currently having some fun communications with the property. A few months ago they added in a new category of room, which was to put a Twin and a standard room together as a family room. It was priced a little higher than a standard room, but certainly cheaper than 1 room and a second at 50% off, as is often the pricing at some hotels for family packages. It was live for over a month and then pulled from sale for our dates at least.

I noticed that our room type had changed in the reservation to a twin room for 3 people. So I called the hotel over a week ago and was told that I had booked a Twin room. I pointed out that I hadn't and that I was happy to forward on the confirmation email. They said not to worry and they would look in to it and get back to me. Still hadn't heard back, so called again yesterday morning to be told that they had no record of my call and that again, I had booked a Twin room only. No apology, just a very dismissive 'you should have booked 2 rooms if you needed 2 rooms' response. I asked to speak to a manager and was told I couldn't at the time, but one would call me back shortly. 24 hours later and I'm still waiting. I followed up yesterday evening with an email as well after half a day of silence, so they have that and the original reservation confirmation.

If I'm honest, if they can't even respond to guests in a timely fashion or manage the basic levels of customer service, I'll be pretty happy to go elsewhere based on this. It is just the principle of them deciding to downgrade a room type without any communication that is going to have me carrying on like a dog with a bone for a bit longer about it.
Old Aug 13, 2021, 1:16 am

Programs: UA 1K, Delta PM, AA EXP, Marriott AMB, IHG Gold
Originally Posted by tattikat2
Hello,

Thanks for any replies.
hope it’s not too late but no - only guests staying in the Chambers wing have access.
Old Aug 16, 2021, 12:05 am

Programs: UA GS/2MM, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Diamond
Recent experiences?

Has anyone stayed here (very) recently? I'm considering a holiday in London next week, and will likely stay here. I'm familiar with the property; looks like the only F&B options are the lobby lounge (Hansom) and the "roof deck" with a great view of the side of the British Library. Wondering how they are, what breakfast is like, and what the surrounding area is like now? Looks like London generally is pretty relaxed about Covid - is anyone wearing masks, etc.?

Cheers...
Old Aug 16, 2021, 8:28 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by rudling
Has anyone stayed here (very) recently? I'm considering a holiday in London next week, and will likely stay here. I'm familiar with the property; looks like the only F&B options are the lobby lounge (Hansom) and the "roof deck" with a great view of the side of the British Library. Wondering how they are, what breakfast is like, and what the surrounding area is like now? Looks like London generally is pretty relaxed about Covid - is anyone wearing masks, etc.?

Cheers...
Cannot answer your questions about this hotel, but London is very relaxed about covid now. Plenty of restaurants and bars are completely mask free, staff included. I stayed at another Bonvoy hotel in central London and was invited to ditch my mask, if I wanted to. The staff were still wearing them though.
Old Aug 18, 2021, 6:12 am

Programs: Aadvantage platinum; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by rudling

Cheers...
We stayed in mid June, so before full relaxation of covid rules.

We were upgraded to a junior suite in the chambers wing. This comes with free breakfast, and afternoon drinks & snacks in the lounge, plus free minibar, free parking and the VIP eurostar service. As the lounge was still closed we were offered additional points.

At that time you still had to wear masks etc.

Service was good at check in/ check out and at the bar and breakfast. Room was nice.

Surrounding area is a favourite of ours - head to the area behind Kings Cross Station and you will find cool shops and tons of good bars and restaurants.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.