Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Nov 30, 2019, 4:02 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: margarita girl
Hotel email: [email protected]
Concierge email: [email protected]

As of June 2022 :

Chambers Club opening hours:
Opens at 7am until 10pm
Club’s Breakfast : Weekdays : 7am-11am, Weekends: 7am-12pm
Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks : Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of £80 per person.
Print Wikipost

Renaissance St. Pancras, London, UK [Master Thread]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2022, 6:53 am

Programs: Delta, American, JetBlue
@MsAnnMcD This past trip, we flew on AA BOS-LHR in business. The service was fine. I can’t comment too much on the flight itself. I prefer to have dinner in the lounge and then sleep most of the flight. Breakfast in the Arrivals Lounge was very good.

I agree with the recommendations to visit the Granary/Coal Drops Yard area for good bars and restaurants. We enjoy Dishoom. One of the reasons we like staying at the Renaissance St. Pancras is the ability to get around London easily via King’s Cross or Euston stations. We tried The Coal Shed before going to the Bridge Theatre. It was excellent.
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old Apr 27, 2022, 5:38 pm

Stayed here in April 2022. Chose to downgrade to a deluxe room as that was all that was available during our very early check in. After a red eye flight with no sleep we really needed to freshen up.

Room itself was very bland. Wouldn't know if it was a $400 Renaissance or a $100 Four Points. Toiletries (I forget the name of) were nothing special -- or at least not worth taking home. Shower leaked quite a lot. Bathroom door self closes which was annoying when just quickly going in and out. Only found one North American power outlet. USB charging plugs were in the bedside clock. Housekeeping available only every 2 or 3 days which I declined anyways. Channel selection on the TV was pretty good for news and movies. Didn't see any channels for kids.

Pool was open and quite nice. More of a lounging pool as it wasn't large enough for swimming.
I forget the name of the wing where everyone takes their photos for social media but that staircase was pretty.

Breakfast buffet at the Booking Office restaurant was very enjoyable. Coffee wasn't great but the breakfast tea was fine.

Lobby was beautiful. Couldn't tell if The
Hansom bar in the lobby allowed hotel guests to just sit and lounge or not. Otherwise I never saw anywhere else for hotel guests to just freely sit.

Similar to what others here have said, that Granary Square area north of St Pancras and King's Cross has quite a few good restaurants. Ate at Dishoom and Arabica, but from the street many of the restaurants looked good.
Old May 5, 2022, 7:41 am

Chambers Club

Does anyone know if the Chambers Club has increased its hours to include seven days a week and admit titanium elite members in addition to Chambers Suite guests?
Old May 5, 2022, 7:58 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA: EXP, 1MM Marriott: Ambassador, LTT
I was there last week staying in a Jr Suite. Checked out early due to noise, but that's another story. Chambers was still closed Sun/Mon during my stay. Breakfast is still in the booking office although on one morning there was an unannounced breakfast set-up in the Chambers Club I heard that the club may start offering breakfast sometime in May so it might have been a test run. I don't know for sure if Titaniums were being admitted but I did see a bunch of people entering from the door in the booking office which suggests they were titaniums from the Barlow wing. I would send them an email and ask.
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:01 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by BillBurn
I was there last week staying in a Jr Suite. Checked out early due to noise, but that's another story. Chambers was still closed Sun/Mon during my stay. Breakfast is still in the booking office although on one morning there was an unannounced breakfast set-up in the Chambers Club I heard that the club may start offering breakfast sometime in May so it might have been a test run. I don't know for sure if Titaniums were being admitted but I did see a bunch of people entering from the door in the booking office which suggests they were titaniums from the Barlow wing. I would send them an email and ask.
Why was the noise so bad? That would put me off staying there.
Old May 5, 2022, 8:55 am

Originally Posted by Radiation Station
Why was the noise so bad? That would put me off staying there.
Generally speaking, the rooms in the Chambers wing either face Euston Road (which is very busy) or the Eurostar train platform. The rooms facing Euston Road have A LOT of road noise, so much so that the hotel offers free ear plugs as an in-room "amenity". The hotel is not allowed to further sound proof the windows due to UK heritage building regulations so you basically have very large 19th century windows trying to keep out 21st century noise. Having stayed there many times before I knew this and for my latest stay requested a specific room above the Booking Office that in my previous experience was actually quite quiet (although you can hear the faint rumble of tube trains during the day). Unfortunately post renovation they have decided to play dance/lounge music in the Booking Office until midnight Tues-Sat and the bass notes from the music easily penetrate the walls. The hotel was fully booked and couldn't guarantee that they could move me to a Eurostar facing room (which are actually relatively quiet due to their modern windows) so I just checked out early rather than risk another bad night's sleep.

FWIW, I have been told that the two rooms overlooking the Booking Office are now only blocked as "last sell" rooms as a result of the music. Also, I have heard that Barlow wing rooms facing the train station on the 1st couple of floors can be noisy too although I have only stayed in Barlow wing rooms facing Midland Rd and noise was not an issue in those rooms.

It's a shame really as the hotel has a great lounge and a great location, especially for business travelers that use the tube/trains a lot, but the noise issues are a real problem and, despite staying around 40 nights there over the past 7 years, after my last stay I am considering not returning until they fix the noise issues.
Old May 5, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Thank you for your very detailed answer, I appreciate that. I’m sorry you had such a bad experience due to the noise - it’s something I also abhor.
Old May 5, 2022, 10:14 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by BillBurn
Generally speaking, the rooms in the Chambers wing either face Euston Road (which is very busy) or the Eurostar train platform. The rooms facing Euston Road have A LOT of road noise, so much so that the hotel offers free ear plugs as an in-room "amenity". The hotel is not allowed to further sound proof the windows due to UK heritage building regulations so you basically have very large 19th century windows trying to keep out 21st century noise.
We stayed recently in a Chambers suite, which was in the part of the building directly overlooking Euston Road (i.e. at the front of the building after the curved part from the entrance).

I hate road noise and thought it would be an issue, but there was secondary glazing on the bedroom and living room windows that worked well. There was not any on the bathroom windows and you could really tell the difference - as soon as we closed the bathroom door the rest of the room would fall almost silent!

I would still not stay again as the room was really tired and service was chaotic, especially at breakfast. There are many much better Marriott hotels in London (I do over 100 nights a year in the city); the business model of this one just felt like it was all about tricking foreign visitors into overpaying for the historic building and train links (although the latter was of some value for getting the Eurostar).
Old May 7, 2022, 1:17 pm

Programs: BD silver, virgin silver
Originally Posted by ral1
Does anyone know if the Chambers Club has increased its hours to include seven days a week and admit titanium elite members in addition to Chambers Suite guests?
I stayed 2 weeks ago, I was upgraded as Titanium but not to a suite and still Barlow Wing and got Chambers Club access. It was a Thursday, so don't know if it is now open over the weekend.
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old May 7, 2022, 4:34 pm

I stayed last week and it was open Tues-Sat. Supposedly going seven days a week sometime this month (they had an open hiring rec for the Chambers Club posted last week)
MsAnnMcD likes this.
Old Jun 3, 2022, 9:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Staying here next week as Ambassador. Any updates to club access/hours?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 3:30 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards
Stayed here in 2018, for my 50th. Sad to say it’s not that impressive. A suite is not one room. Selling the rooms in the Chambers wing is completely misleading. Ours had space that wasn’t used due to the shape, with us cramped up at one end with one chair. The Chambers Club had a good afternoon tea, but in the evening no lager (husband thoroughly unimpressed). The area is too busy for my liking. I still miss Chancery Court!
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by VickiSoCal
Staying here next week as Ambassador. Any updates to club access/hours?
I stayed here 5/22-24. Club was still Tuesday-Saturday supposedly. I even checked it out Tuesday morning expecting it to be open but it was completely dark. I found the stay underwhelming as upon check-in 2 of the rooms were not available at 3PM (they offered me points as a gesture of good will, but shocker: they have not posted). One of the people staffing the front desk it was her first day (who leaves somebody alone their first day to run the front desk?). The other staff seemed confused about the Chamber's Club hours. They neglected to tell me that due the Chamber's Club being closed Sunday and Monday that I was entitled to the free snack and drink from the lobby bar. I only found that out by asking again the next day about the club status from someone clearly more knowledgeable about the situation. I don't think I will return here again.
Radiation Station likes this.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:14 am

Programs: Titanium at Marriott & Platinum at American (both Lifetime) + various others
Stayed this this week (Wed June 1) and Chambers Club at last fully open. Didn't have time for an evening visit, but breakfast was excellent. My favourite lounge in London.

Got an email from the Club Manager the day before with:Chambers Club opening hours:

Opens at 7am until 10pm

Club’s Breakfast :

Weekdays : 7am-11am

Weekends: 7am-12pm

Club’s Pre-Dinner Snacks:

Daily : 5:30pm-7:30pm

Your Pre-Dinner Snacks: Daily from 5:30pm to 7:30pm accompanied by Hot snacks, Cold snacks, and dessert buffet including complimentary house spirits.

As a part of Club experience you may bring one additional guest to the club with you and any additional will be subject to Club access fee of £80 per person.
Old Jun 5, 2022, 9:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by MisterE

Thank you! I guess kidult is going to the train station for breakfast. :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.