Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2006, 6:16 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, AA Lifetime Gold, United Premier Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by araknis
i recently booked 3 rooms at a CY. One in my name and the other 2 in different names. I got credit for all 3 rooms eventhough only one room was under my name. Interestingly enough, my 2 other colleagues received the PLT perks of water and cookies. Did I get lucky or is this what was supposed to happen?

If you are talking about "nights" credits, then yes you are lucky. If talking about getting points credits (for the other two), then you were also benefitting, depending on who paid the bill.
Old Nov 21, 2006, 9:41 am

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
also, just to clarify, my colleagues each paid with their own CC (i just made the reservation hold on my CC). so it sounds like i was pretty lucky.

Originally Posted by goldarm
If you are talking about "nights" credits, then yes you are lucky. If talking about getting points credits (for the other two), then you were also benefitting, depending on who paid the bill.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:10 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Will MR reverse my mistaken double night credits?

I was on the phone booking a room at a hotel with the Marriott agent when a coworker asked me to book one room for him too. I booked the room guaranteeing with my CC #. I paid for my room and my coworker paid for his room with his own CC.

Today I looked at the Marriott Rewards website, and I got both night and point credits for both rooms.

What is the probability that Marriott Rewards will notice the mistake and correct it?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:14 pm

Programs: DL DM 1MM, MR Plat Premier, Nat'l Exec Elite, Hilton Diamond
I've heard from other guys that once you get creditted a night, Marriott typically won't reverse a posting unless someone complains. You're not complaining, are you?
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum Premier, UA 1K
Your rewards number was likely on you coworkers room as well as your own, so unless your coworker complains, they definitely will not be reversed. You can book multiple rooms under you account, but I believe there is a limit (I'm just too lazy to look it up). It doesn't matter who pays for it. It only matters who's reward number is associated with the reservation.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:18 pm

They won't correct it unless you tell them. I wouldn't say another word

Let your co-worker know who to contact for all their Marriott needs
Old Feb 12, 2007, 9:39 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium (former PP), Hilton Silver, UA Silver, AS Member, Hertz 5*
The limit is 3 rooms for room and points credit for one Marriott number.
Old Feb 12, 2007, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by VA1379
The limit is 3 rooms for room and points credit for one Marriott number.
Correct.

If a stay is incorrectly posted to a member's account, Marriott Rewards representatives typically do not do anything about correcting it (unless a member is pressing for a similar resolution - i.e. wanting additional night credit for rooms other than their own personal room because it has happened before). However, if our auditing department were to catch the error, they may remove the stay and repost it correctly.

I wouldn't worry too much about it, honestly. You just happened to get lucky from a hotel's error.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:26 am

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
Originally Posted by Rewards_Guy
I wouldn't worry too much about it, honestly. You just happened to get lucky from a hotel's error.
I wasn't worried. I just wanted to set my expectations on whether my unintended and unexpected bonus of the night credits will hang around. Trust me, I'm happy for the error.
Old Feb 13, 2007, 7:33 am
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
Originally Posted by GregWTravels
I wasn't worried. I just wanted to set my expectations on whether my unintended and unexpected bonus of the night credits will hang around. Trust me, I'm happy for the error.
I am in the same situation right now...we are both checking out of Thursday and if I get credit for both his stay and my stay I will move up to Gold

PS... He is paying for his home room and I almost gagged (but managed to maitain my compsoure) when he whipped out a Wells Fargo Visa to pay for his room - damn, there goes 5 points per $ at $175.00 per night (CY).
Old Feb 16, 2007, 5:38 pm

Well, somebody figured it out. I went in today and the points and nights have been debited from my account.

My guess is that my co-worker got himself a MR account, and asked for the points and nights to be creditted retro-grade. Oh well, Guess I'll have to actually stay those 11 nights...
Old Feb 16, 2007, 7:06 pm
Original Member

Programs: AAMM & PLT; UA Gold, DL Silver, Marriott LT Titanium Elite, Hilton Diamond, Hertz #1 Gold Club
At check out, my co-worker showed up with a post it note and on it was his MR# - which he made sure was inlcuded...oh well it wasnt my points/stay to begin with anyways.

Last edited by jamflyer; Feb 16, 2007 at 7:06 pm Reason: typo
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:54 am
JTG

Programs: UA/AA/SW/MR Gold/Hyatt/HH
Night credits for 2-rooms?

There have been threads about FTers who have booked multiple rooms under their name and on their CC but receive stay credit for only the single room.

I'm taking the family to a wedding, in August, and have booked 2-rooms. One for Mrs. JTG and me and one for our minor children (16 and 13yo). Has anyone done this been credited nights for both rooms? I know I get the points and the Visa points for both.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 12:17 pm
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Yes, there has been a time or two where I reserved two (or more) rooms and received multiple night credits.

But that is not the norm nor is it what is supposed to happen. You are only staying in one room yourself, so you should get stay credit for one night.
Old Jun 15, 2007, 11:21 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
I've received nights credit every time I booked rooms for myself and other colleagues for up to 3 rooms.

Whenever I have attended conferences with colleagues, I just book the three rooms under my name and add their name to the other rooms so that anyone can check in under the reservation. I receive the points and nights credit every time.

Last edited by Marcell; Jun 16, 2007 at 8:37 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.