Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2006, 2:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Originally Posted by producer
Is this SOP since I personally only stayed in one of the rooms? Is there a way to get stay credit for all the nights, or am I exceedingly greedy?
Yes, the max # of rooms you can receive credit for at a single hotel is 3 rooms, length of stay doesn't matter but max is 3 per night
Old May 4, 2006, 3:40 pm

I went back and checked. Here's the actual details when there was more than one room reserved by, checked in as, and paid by me:

Night 1: 5 rooms Credited for:1 night
Night 2: 3 rooms Credited for: 1 night

Are you saying I should have been credited for THREE rooms for each night?
Old May 4, 2006, 3:57 pm

Programs: Liftime Titanium Elite Marriott
This is a great question. I have also wondered about this myself.
Old May 4, 2006, 9:02 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Multiple rooms paid for but....

From my understanding of the policy at a FS Marriott, you only get credit for the room YOU stay in even if you paid for the other rooms. On the other hand, CY let me get credit for up to three rooms for multiple night stays.
When I did this, I was GE and I don't know if the status made any difference.

HJ
Old May 5, 2006, 6:18 am

Programs: American and Southwest. Hilton and Marriott hotels primarily.
I think the policy is that you get 3 rooms. I know that I have received 3 rooms every time that I have done this. One thing that I make sure of is to get 3 different bills, all with my name and credit card. If you had all 5 rooms on 1 folio, I suspect that you need to call to get proper credit.
Old May 5, 2006, 6:29 am

Thanks for clarifying this. I booked four rooms last week under my MR #, but the other three were occupied and paid for by others. I only got credit for three rooms, but was afraid to raise the issue because I wasn't sure if I should have gotten that much. Three must be the max.

Sheila
Old May 5, 2006, 6:57 am

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
The answers to your quesitons may be found at MR T&C.

Under the Point Earning heading see #1.
Old May 7, 2006, 8:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
In my expereince, you get points for up to 3 rooms per night; I also have received night credit for each night up to 3 rooms that were reserved.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 7:02 am

Max number of rooms/night for which I may earn points?

Since the search function isn't working, I thought someone here might be able to comment. According to Marriott, a person may earn points for up to three rooms per night. Has this changed recently? It seems to me that I could previously earn points for up to ten nights. I have no problems living within the program rules, but I'm currently battling for a large chunk of points due for a stay several months back. At the time of the stay, I think I could earn points for up to ten rooms. Does anyone remember it being 10 nights or am I dreaming?
Old Oct 13, 2006, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

AFAIK, there is no limit on the number of nights for which you may earn points and night credit.

It is possible that there may be a limit on the number of points you can earn per stay (Hilton has /used to have such a limit).

I'm not sure if they limit you on the number of rooms per night for which you may earn points. If you pay for them all with your Marriott credit card, naturally you will get X points/$ for all of them (X is 3 or 5, depending on the version of the card you have). Since the program is designed to reward the individual member, allowing you to get night/stay credit for multiple rooms on the same night seems to go against the stated purpose of the program.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 7:59 am

Programs: UA*G, SK-EBB, DL-G, IB-Silver Marriott Gold , HHonors Gold, SHG Gold
They have a program for booking 10 or more rooms per night with a group contract up to 50000 points but there is a grey area from what I have read between the individual booking of 3 rooms per night and the 10 room group booking.
Old Oct 13, 2006, 8:10 am

Originally Posted by BigDog
According to Marriott, a person may earn points for up to three rooms per night. Has this changed recently?
No.
Old Oct 22, 2006, 9:27 pm

Programs: Plat MR, AA.
If you have two rooms do you get credit for two nights for each night?
Sheldon
Old Oct 23, 2006, 3:17 am
Moderator, Marriott Bonvoy & FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: United Silver; AA Plat/2MM; Marriott LT Titanium; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Kilby5924
If you have two rooms do you get credit for two nights for each night?
Sheldon
This current thread actually discusses/answers your question: Points for 2 rooms?
Old Nov 20, 2006, 6:48 pm

Programs: AA PLT / MR LTPP 1/1/19 / Hilton Diamond
i recently booked 3 rooms at a CY. One in my name and the other 2 in different names. I got credit for all 3 rooms eventhough only one room was under my name. Interestingly enough, my 2 other colleagues received the PLT perks of water and cookies. Did I get lucky or is this what was supposed to happen?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.