Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2003, 6:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Dec 7, 2003, 11:00 pm

My husband and I will be staying at the Toronto Marriott Eaton Centre in January 2004. We will also be footing the bill for a person my husband has contracted to do some work for him on a film project. There is a promotion currently at certain Canadian properties whereby "Simply stay one night or more at any of the participating properties listed, between September 24, 2003 and April 30, 2004 and we will give you a $100 Marriott Bonus Bucks coupon toward a future two night paid stay."

What I'm wondering is if we can legitimately claim the $100 bonus on each of the 2 rooms since we will be paying for them both. Do you think I should just confide my wish to the front desk ahead of time and hope they don't "let the cat out of the bag"? Or am I just being a greedy cheapskate?
Old Dec 8, 2003, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
Deleted

[This message has been edited by socrates (edited Mar 23, 2004).]
Old Jul 5, 2004, 8:48 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Question Will these multiple room stays earn Bonus Bucks?

My husband has 3 rooms reserved under his MR# and credit card for a Saturday night stay at the OTP rate. If he checks in and pays for all 3 rooms, should he get a bonus buck for each room?

He also has a Thurs/Fri night stay at a different property. When reserving the rooms (2 of them) I couldn't get the OTP rate for a 2-night stay. But I got the rate for Fri night, and then made separate reservations for Thursday. So, how should this be handled? I'm thinking he will check in both rooms on Thursday - explaining that they are staying two nights so with luck they won't have to switch rooms. Then come down to the desk on Fri morning and check out/in and collect a bonus buck for each room?

I hope these transactions are OK - don't see anything in the rules to indicate otherwise but wondering if anybody else has done this.
Old Jul 5, 2004, 10:29 am

Programs: UA PM (by 2MM), DL GM (by 3.5MM), Marriott Lifetime Plat
You should have no problem with getting one for each room in each location.

Breaking a reservation into two different reservations for pricing reasons I do all the time. You might not get your BB until day 2, but you should get them at the first Thur/Fri property since it was booked at an OTP rate.

I have booked multiple rooms at the same property using the OTP rate and gotten multiple BBs. The Ts&Cs seem to say that no more than 10 rooms, which implies that 1 - 9 rooms is OK. Print out the Ts&Cs if you think you might have any problem.

Be insistant to get those BB while at the hotel - don't let them mail to you later or give to you during check out.

Billy
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Two rooms for 5 nights; credit for 10 nights?

I recently paid for two rooms for a 5 night stay at the San Diego Marina. The points posted in about 3 weeks but I received credit for only 5 nights, not 10. Is this correct? Both rooms were reserved in my name.

Thanks
Old Dec 1, 2004, 3:53 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Yes, that is correct. There are more posts on the subject if you care to do a search but it will not change the answer.
Old Dec 3, 2004, 10:48 pm

Location: Texas AA EXP 4.5 mm, United Gold, Marriott Plt, Hilton Diamond
Yes its suppose to but.......

my experience has been that most of the time you will need to request a correction when the points are posted. I have a request in right now for the exact situation you have mentioned.... for the Gaithersburg Marriott.
Old Dec 4, 2004, 4:06 am

Programs: NW, MR SE,
What I have been told differs depending on the Marriott chain. I made a reservation for four rooms at a Marriott, and they insisted it go on a same reservation number and gave me credit for only one room since I stayed in only one room. On the other hand, a similar four room reservation at a Courtyard chain insisted they be put on four different reservation numbers and gave me credit for each room as nights stayed and points.
I tried to go back to the Marriott to claim the nights but not the points, but they would only give me points but NOT the nights.
I was not given a satisfactory answer as to why this is the case but this seems to be just the way it is.

HJ
Old Dec 4, 2004, 9:03 am

Programs: DL-DM MM & RW, UAL- PS, Marriott Lifetime PLT, SPG-PLT, Hilton-Gold
Originally Posted by SeAAttle
I recently paid for two rooms for a 5 night stay at the San Diego Marina. The points posted in about 3 weeks but I received credit for only 5 nights, not 10. Is this correct? Both rooms were reserved in my name.

Thanks
Per T&C you only get a stay credit for the room you personally stay in. It has been this way ever since I can remember and does NOT vary by chain. I too have been credited with more than one stay credit in the past, but these nights were credited in error.

Only nights personally stayed and individually billed at participating hotels are credited toward Elite membership and renewal.

Hotel charges without a personal overnight stay will not earn room night credit toward Elite membership.

As for earning points, here is what the T&C has to say on this subject.

A member is eligible to receive points for staying at participating Marriott Rewards hotels for his/her guestroom and up to two additional rooms. All rooms must be reserved and registered in the member's name and the member must make arrangements for payment of all rooms on a consolidated bill, which should be requested at time of hotel check-in. To ensure points are automatically posted to member's account, the member should present his/her Marriott Rewards membership card at check-in
Old Dec 4, 2004, 1:13 pm

A minor clarification to my earlier post, in light of what I have read in subsequent posts by others. You can earn multiple nights credit for stays at different hotels on the same day. For example if I stay at Guam Marriott departing on 3/10/2005 on a 7:10 AM CO 2 flight, arriving in Hawaii at 6:15 PM on 3/9/2005, and then stay at the JW Marriott Ihilani. I would get 2 nights credited for 3/9/2005, one from the Guam Marriott and the other from the JW Marriott Ihilani.
Old Dec 6, 2004, 7:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT 2MM+; Marriott PLT
Thanks for the info. I am doing the same thing now at the Marriott Metro Center in DC. BTW, I received full points from the SD Marina event though the bill was not consolidated. Same here in DC.

Why would I not receive full points, even if bill is not consolidated? Both rooms are reserved in my name with my MR number and I am paying both bills.
Old Dec 9, 2004, 12:49 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

Originally Posted by SeAAttle
Why would I not receive full points, even if bill is not consolidated? Both rooms are reserved in my name with my MR number and I am paying both bills.
SeAAttle,

The reason multiple rooms should be consolidated is so that the hotel can send through the credit correctly. In most cases, if the rooms are not consolidated your room will be the only one to come through.

My recommendation in this situation would be to contact Marriott Guest Services. They can have the additional rooms added manually.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Dec 10, 2004, 9:40 am

Programs: Delta Platinum, Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Hyatt Globalist
another question...

Can you get credit for two rooms on the same night if they are in different cities? I've been using Marriotts for interviews where I'll interview in a suite all day. I pay for the night I stay there and the next night even though I leave by 8:00PM. Then, I check into another hotel and do the same thing. So, it looks to Marriott that I am staying in two places on the same night.
Old Dec 10, 2004, 10:36 am

Originally Posted by dionnec123
Can you get credit for two rooms on the same night if they are in different cities? I've been using Marriotts for interviews where I'll interview in a suite all day. I pay for the night I stay there and the next night even though I leave by 8:00PM. Then, I check into another hotel and do the same thing. So, it looks to Marriott that I am staying in two places on the same night.
My first question is, how many nights did they credit you for your stays? My guess is that they should have automatically credited you 2 nights for the 2-night reservation described above even though you did not stay there the second night. If they did not, then you should probably discuss this with the Marriott Rewards folks and ask for the credit and/or explanation. The scenario you described is pretty much the same as the example I posted earlier. You personally used both rooms and they are NOT in the same property. The only difference between that and the Guam/Honolulu scenario is that you didn't sleep overnight in one of the rooms, one of the nights. Like I said, if you want to know for sure call and ask the Marriott Rewards folks.

Please let us know what happens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.