Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 2, 2006, 5:58 pm

Programs: AA:Lifetime Platinum; MR:Lifetime Titanium
Sometimes yes/One Time No!

Originally Posted by travelalot33
Did a search and couldn't find anything on this specifically. I have three rooms booked for a meeting all on the same night. I am paying for all of them and they are currently all under my name. Will I receive points/stay credit for all three? It seems like what I should do is put my name first on each reservation and the guest checking in as the second person. I am staying in one room, but two other guests will be in each of the other rooms. Has anyone encountered a situation like this?
I have organized many meetings over the years and, for x,y,z, reasons, some of my clients want to stay in Marriott A whereas others want Marriott B and yet others in Marriott C. In all cases, I reserved rooms in my name as well as clients' and upgrades were given and I received points for all rooms (always 3 rooms or fewer per hotel).

A few years ago, I did the same in Baltimore (one Ren, 2 Marriotts) w/ one or two rooms per hotel. One of the Marriotts refused to give me points so I appealed to a higher authority, discussed their rules and Voila! I got my points.

Good luck!
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:08 pm

Programs: Delta MM
Yep. I do not do this a lot, but my limited experience has been...

For multiple rooms in the same property, you get points for all rooms (I think up to 3 is the limit) but "nights" credit only for the first.

For rooms across multiple properties on the same night, you get both points and "nights" credit for all rooms.
Old Jan 2, 2006, 6:16 pm

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Multiple room reservation

travelalot33,

You did not specify what type of hotel but since you mention a concurrent meeting, I'm going to presume the reservation is for a full service Marriott. As others have mentioned, the full service Marriott only gives points for up to three rooms but only stay credit for one room, the one you are staying in.
As for other properties, one experience I have is with the Courtyards by Marriott. They give credit for points and stays for as many as three rooms, since I've reserved that many rooms.
I hope this helps.

HJ
Old Jan 2, 2006, 7:37 pm

Programs: NW Gold, MR Silver, AA, UA
Thanks for all the replies, they have been very helpful. Yes, it is a full service Marriott. That's too bad about the stay credit, but glad to get the points anyway. Seems strange that CY would offer stay credit for multiple rooms, but full service would not. Since I will only be booking three rooms, once the points post, I'll call and ask for the stays as well.

Last edited by bdschobel; Jan 4, 2006 at 6:17 am Reason: no need to repeat previous post
Old Jan 2, 2006, 8:13 pm

Programs: UA-1K, MR-PP, *wood Gold, Hertz Gold
I have booked three rooms before at a REN and gotten points for all three, although you only get nights for one room (unless the nights are at separate hotels, then u do seem to get the nights as well).

Another item I found out a couple of months ago is that if you book a conference (or wedding) at Marriott, you can get 10k points for bringing the conference to the hotel. You don't get the points for the rooms unless you're personally paying for them.
Old Jan 3, 2006, 7:44 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, UA Gold
I did this right before Christmas. I booked four different rooms at a Fairfield Inn ... one with points, and the other 3 with a MR CC. I didn't stay in any of the rooms, but I "paid" for all of them. Obviously, I didn't get points for the reward stay, but I did get full points for the other three stays. YMMV.
Old Jan 15, 2006, 9:24 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
For those of you who book reservations for other people, you could really maximize your points with the Megabonus promotion that's due to start around February 15th thru May 15th.
Old Jan 16, 2006, 10:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM-3MM United Gold-MM Marriott Lifetime Titanium Hertz President's Circle
How does that maximize your points if you don't get additional night credit? As one poster already stated, you can get points for multiple rooms but not credit for multiple nights, which would trigger the Megabonus.

Bruce
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:25 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Credit for stays at 2 different hotels on same night?

I apologize if this has already been asked & answered - I tried to search, but it wasn't working. Here's my question:

I'm currently staying at a TownePlace Suites, but I'm going to have to be out and about around the state and will be staying at different hotels while I'm still checked in to the TownePlace Suites. So, in effect, I'll be checked in to the TownePlace & another hotel somehwere else.

Question: will I earn night credits for both the TownePlace & the other hotel? Or is it just one or the other. Thanks!
Old Jan 18, 2006, 2:27 pm

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Gold
I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I don't think you will have any problem earning credit for both stays as long as they are different hotels.
If you have multiple rooms in the SAME hotel, you can earn points for up to 3 rooms, but only 1 will count towards your 'total nights stayed'.
Old Jan 18, 2006, 3:06 pm

Programs: Marriott (Lifetime Titantium), whatever other programs as benefits make sense.
You should earn points on both. I did the same thing - checked in on a monthly rate at a Residence Inn and then stayed on the weekend at a Marriott hotel somewhere else and got points and nights for both.

Greg
Old Jan 18, 2006, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL Plat, US Chairman, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, IC RA
Excellent. Thank you both.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 12:01 am

Programs: Marriott Ambassador
I was speaking to a customer service rep and he informed me that you are not supposed to get credit for multiple hotels on the same time period. However, as a practical matter, you usually get the credit.
Old Jan 19, 2006, 8:22 am

Programs: UA-1K, MR-PP, *wood Gold, Hertz Gold
I have done this before--usually on vacation where I will take a day trip and not check out of my main hotel. Nights and points have always been credited to me.
Old May 4, 2006, 2:03 pm

1 hotel x 5 rooms x 3 nites = 3 stays?

I'm having a hard time even articulating this, let alone searching for it, so bear with me:

I booked 5 rooms for the same nites @ NYCRI. All with my name, my Plat# and paid w/ my CC. A total of 15 nites.

I only got credit for three nites as three separate stays.

Is this SOP since I personally only stayed in one of the rooms? Is there a way to get stay credit for all the nights, or am I exceedingly greedy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.