Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Mar 15, 2002, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by pointman:
Anyone know if this can be done? (more than one room at a time for the same property&night)</font>
Yep...sure can, you'll only get points/stay credit for up to 3 rooms though
Old Mar 15, 2002, 11:30 am
Suspended

Programs: HH Diamond, SPG Gold, PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Silver
How?

I am having the same problem.
Old Mar 15, 2002, 3:23 pm

I just did this two weeks ago. I was reserving at a Courtyard and after making one reservation, one of the options on the bottom of the confirmation window was to book another room for the same night. It basically took me back to the first reservation window but had all the dates filled in. In the past, I had ignored that option and just gone back to the reservation window myself and started the process over agin noting in the comments that I was reserving two rooms for the same night.
Old Mar 16, 2002, 11:30 am

Programs: Delta GM, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Silver
Don't you still have to re-enter your personal info again and again? That's what I would like to avoid.
If your still in the same session, reserving multiple rooms for multiple dates, I have found no way around having to re-enter name,address,etc. for each individual reservation.
Old Mar 17, 2002, 7:55 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum 1mm, Hilton Gold, Marriott Lifetime Titanium
I've found that if I'm "logged in" and make a reservation I can use the make another reservation button at the bottom to make a second reservation with the information automatically filled in. Two seems to be the max. If I'm not logged in, the info is not automatic on the second attempt.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:10 pm

Upgrade chances on a multiple-room reservation

Hello,

I'm reserving two rooms on an upcoming trip to London Maida Vale, one for my wife and me (GLD), and one for my father-in-law (no status).

Will my chances to get a gold upgrade on my room decrease if both rooms were under the same reservation number? Will separating the reservations increase my chances?

Any advice appreciated.
Old Apr 28, 2003, 12:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Some place in this wonderful world (usually at 39,000 ft in seat 1C)
Programs: CO Gold Elite / NW Gold Elite
<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ntamayo:
Hello,

I'm reserving two rooms on an upcoming trip to London Maida Vale, one for my wife and me (GLD), and one for my father-in-law (no status).

Will my chances to get a gold upgrade on my room decrease if both rooms were under the same reservation number? Will separating the reservations increase my chances?

Any advice appreciated.
</font>
Won't increase nor decrease the chances
Old Apr 28, 2003, 8:17 pm

Programs: STARS/LUMINOUS, PRIVE, FSPP, STARS, MO FAN Club, PEN Club, Bellini Club
It will have no impact whatsoever.
Old Apr 29, 2003, 1:37 am

Thanks for the advice!
Old Apr 30, 2003, 6:55 pm

Programs: 1K, Life-Marriott Plat
If you want an upgrade, call the hotel directly the day before your arrival. Speak with the front desk or reservations supervisor and ask for the upgrade. If it's a special day, i.e. Anniversary, vacation, etc., let them know.

I have never been turned down. The higher your status, the better your chances.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 1:16 pm

Programs: Star Alliance Gold, SPG Plat, Hilton Gold, Marriott Silver, Avis Rock Star
Multiple rooms, same stay?

I defer to all experts here: is it possible to use your MR# for a room, even if it is not held under your credit card?

Say your wife made the res, but you are staying in the room.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 1:49 pm

curious about multiple room bookings

I've just booked two rooms online at the same time, for the first time, and notice that even though I changed the guest names for the second room it still defaulted in my MR number.

Two questions then [sorry - I'm a real beginner on this count];

1 - If my MR number is in the reservation does the hotel review this in advance and do anything special like reserve me a nice room or make sure it flags up in big letters for the reception staff so they're extra polite to me?

2 - If I book and pay for both rooms on my credit card does that entitle me to additional rewards nights/points? It would seem crazy if it did but carrying the MR number on the second reservation makes me curious.

If it helps I'm a UK resident member, the hotel is in Amsterdam.

Old Jun 16, 2003, 2:05 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hyatt,Marriott,BA,AS
I've done this many times. Nothing special was done other than arranging for rooms adjacent to each other.

You will earn Marriott points for all charges on each room, provided you pay the bill for each room. Despite having two rooms, you still will earn only one "night" so far as credit towards elite status.
Old Jun 16, 2003, 2:07 pm

Normally, only the elite benefits and credited nights will apply to your own room. However, any points resulting from charges in the 2nd room will be credited to your MR number.

Old Jun 16, 2003, 2:23 pm

Programs: AA Million Miler, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
What happens if I have rooms booked in 2 different places at the same time? I am doing a long-term stay at a Residence Inn in Virginia for work. If I book a room in Orlando for a Saturday (which I am doing), how does that affect my nights/points since I will be booked in 2 places at once? I would assume I would at least earn points for both stays, but maybe only one night.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.