Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Various questions about points/nights for multiple rooms [Merged threads]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 23, 2005, 1:29 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LTP, Hilton Gold
Multiple rooms & nights for status

I have a friend who will be booking two rooms for an upcoming stay. My understanding is that if the two rooms are on the same bill, they will only count for one night towards status but she will get the points for both. However, my friend has two separate reservations and even intends to pay for each room on different credit cards. Will she still get credit for only one night, or in this case, is it possible she will earn two?
Old Feb 23, 2005, 1:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Platinum, HH Diamond, BW Diamond Select
From my understanding, she will only get credit for one night. I've also booked three rooms under three different confirmation numbers and got points for all of them, but only # of night credit on the nights that I actually stayed in the hotel.
Old Feb 23, 2005, 2:41 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

That is correct. You are entitled to earn points/miles for your room plus two others. Regardless of the amount of rooms, you are only entitled to one personal night towards elite status.

Thanks,

Chris
Old May 18, 2005, 12:52 pm

2 rooms and stay credit?

I'll book two rooms for myself/wife and the other room for my parents as a birthday gift. Will I receive stay/night credit and points for both rooms?
Old May 18, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: MR LTT, BA Gold, AA LTP, UA Silver
Originally Posted by McMarmite
I'll book two rooms for myself/wife and the other room for my parents as a birthday gift. Will I receive stay/night credit and points for both rooms?
No, you will receive credit for 1 night no matter how many rooms you book at the SAME hotel. Now if you have 1 room at the LAX Marriott and another room at the LAX Renassaince (right around the corner) on the same nights then you would get credit for 2 nights. See Marriott Rewards web site T&C for more details.
Old May 19, 2005, 6:19 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SPG plat, Hyatt dia
VERY good idea aaupgrade!I can vouch that they are right around the corner from each other-easy walk.
Old May 19, 2005, 8:37 am

Programs: NW, MR SE,
Multiple room reservations and credits

I've had mixed results with this. Last year, I reserved three rooms for one night at the Niagara Falls Marriott resulting in only one night credit and all the points. A three room reservation for one night at the Toronto Courtyard gave me three night credit and all the points.
So I don't know if the Courtyard made a mistake or they have a different policy than the Marriott. I would have thought all of the Marriott properties operate under a same policy so I have to think the Courtyard made a mistake.
What has been other FT's experiences?

HJ
Old May 19, 2005, 8:52 am

I have had only positive experiences with this. In Dec booked a hotel for my mother (4x nights - marriott Austin) using bonus bucks and 2/1 and recieved night and points credit. Last month in Sarasota booked two rooms for 3 nights at a courtyard for me and co-worker - again r/c all points and night credit on both rooms.

I now volunteer to book all stays and attach my rewards # - most of my co-workers don't travel as often as I do and they don't seem to mind.

-T
Old May 19, 2005, 9:53 am

Programs: UA 3.6 MM, Marriott Lifetime Plat
I had two overlapping stays at seperate hotels and the marriott rewards agent told me it was impossible to post both and docked me on the overlapping nights at the Springhill Suites. So if you guys are getting two stays posting for the same date then i got screwed
Old May 19, 2005, 11:46 am

Programs: PC Platinum Ambassador, Marriott Gold Elite, UA 2P, Starwood Gold, Avis First, Bolt Bus $1 Rider
Originally Posted by McMarmite

i had 2 rooms for 4 nites each
you will only get stay/day count credit from 1 room
but you can get points from both rooms
IF
you place both rooms in the same billing portfolio and pay one bill for both rooms
Old Aug 10, 2005, 1:55 pm

Multiple Bookings Question ???

Stayed in Tulsa Marriott - I had to book (3) rooms for my family - (1) room for 4 nights and (2) rooms for (3) nights in my name

I did receive my Marriott points plus bonuses but Marriott Rewards only credited my account for 4 nights instead of 10 nights

What can I do ?? to get my other (6) nights credited
Old Aug 10, 2005, 2:08 pm
Company Representative - Marriott Concierge

The program allows you to earn points or miles for your room plus two others. As for elite night credit, members only receive night credit for their personal room only.

If you didn't receive your earnings for multiple rooms you can contact one of the MR offices in and they can get your earnings posted to your account.

Thanks,

Chris
Old Jan 2, 2006, 12:44 pm

Programs: NW Gold, MR Silver, AA, UA
Points for three rooms on the same night?

Did a search and couldn't find anything on this specifically. I have three rooms booked for a meeting all on the same night. I am paying for all of them and they are currently all under my name. Will I receive points/stay credit for all three? It seems like what I should do is put my name first on each reservation and the guest checking in as the second person. I am staying in one room, but two other guests will be in each of the other rooms. Has anyone encountered a situation like this?
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:38 pm

Travelalot33,

Don't have the Marriott terms in front of me, but I seem to recall the official policy is that you can earn points for two or three rooms. I know the info is listed on Marriott.com. My own experience outside of the US is that as long as I request all rooms be added to one master bill, that all rooms earn points. I book some group travel and have received points for as many as 11 rooms.

Edit - Found what you are looking for on Marriott.com
"A member is eligible to receive points for staying at participating Marriott Rewards hotels for his/her guestroom and up to two additional rooms. All rooms must be reserved and registered in the member's name and the member must make arrangements for payment of all rooms on a consolidated bill, which should be requested at time of hotel check-in."

Last edited by BigDog; Jan 2, 2006 at 2:51 pm
Old Jan 2, 2006, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Rewards Platinum Member, Starwood, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by travelalot33
Did a search and couldn't find anything on this specifically. I have three rooms booked for a meeting all on the same night. I am paying for all of them and they are currently all under my name. Will I receive points/stay credit for all three? It seems like what I should do is put my name first on each reservation and the guest checking in as the second person. I am staying in one room, but two other guests will be in each of the other rooms. Has anyone encountered a situation like this?
Hello Travelalot33,

I had made reservations for my myself and others for a conference that we had attended before. One time, I had reserved 4 rooms at the Atlanta Marriott Marquis, so when I checked my account, I was only given credit/points for 3 rooms, which by the way, is their limit for any specified time period. So yes, you should receive points for up to 3 rooms.

When you reserve your rooms, make sure your name is on all the rooms. Add your colleagues' name to each room. Be sure to get an e-mail confirmation for each room showing your name and your colleague's name.

Also, in my experience, this would work even if you weren't in attendance with your colleagues. If you know a group is going to a meeting or a conference, offer to book the hotel reservations for them. Follow the same steps as above, and you could generate points for yourself every time. Just be sure that you keep up with those that may cancel out at the last minute, so that you won't be charged for the 1st night of a given room.

Hope this helps.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.