Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 9:16 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
anyone had any luck finding out years of status?
Old May 10, 2018, 9:22 am

Programs: AA-LT Gold 1.2MM ,DL, Marriott LT TITANIUM; HH Gold, AMEX PLT
Originally Posted by navatwal
Can we confirm that Lifetime points total is being updated once we transfer from another Marriott account or CHase UR?
it takes two days to update points transferred from Chase UR. Lifetime points will then update.
Old May 10, 2018, 9:32 am

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Do you see the popup as shown in https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29714903-post3045.html It states what your current LifeTime status is, at least for me.
I had tried it before posting and doesnt show LT. Finally found it. Thank you!

And the same place shows lifetime status.

Thank you!
Old May 10, 2018, 9:43 am

Programs: UA: 1K / SPG: Lifetime Gold / Marriott: Platinum / Hilton: Diamond
Marriott Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite Status

I am in a unique situation and want to understand if I need to change my hotel stay strategy in 2018:

SPG - 9 years of platinum status with 880 nights. I earned my 9th year in 2018 already. I have 29 stays / 40 nights in 2018 and can easily get to 100 nights.

Marriott - 153 lifetime nights but never “earned” platinum status

If I stay at a Marriott for 100 nights in 2018 can I earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite because I would now have 10 years of combined elite status at the end of 2018? What happens on August 1st when they combine?

Any guidance is much appreciated

Mike
lifetime gold spg
hilton diamond
UA million miler / 1k

​​​​​​​
Old May 10, 2018, 2:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dilbertsdaddy
anyone had any luck finding out years of status?
Wait until August, then it'll show in your Marriott account. No, people are not having much luck getting an accurate number now, they obviously have to do some work between now and August to compute that for everyone.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:26 pm

Programs: AA Plat, A List Pref, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by gallo012
I am in a unique situation and want to understand if I need to change my hotel stay strategy in 2018:

SPG - 9 years of platinum status with 880 nights. I earned my 9th year in 2018 already. I have 29 stays / 40 nights in 2018 and can easily get to 100 nights.

Marriott - 153 lifetime nights but never “earned” platinum status

If I stay at a Marriott for 100 nights in 2018 can I earn Lifetime Platinum Premier Elite because I would now have 10 years of combined elite status at the end of 2018? What happens on August 1st when they combine?

Any guidance is much appreciated

Mike
lifetime gold spg
hilton diamond
UA million miler / 1k
Yes, based on what you wrote that would be the only way...get to 75 nights (not 100) with "original" Marriott properties this year and you will have earned plat in SPG and earned it seperately in MR. That should give you 10 years (based on what they've written)..
Old May 10, 2018, 3:45 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by navatwal
Can we confirm that Lifetime points total is being updated once we transfer from another Marriott account or CHase UR?
I just transferred some Chase UR points as a test and they did increase my lifetime count.
lovethoselegs likes this.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BAEC LT Gold, HH Dia, MR LT Plat, IHG Diamond Amb, Amex Plat
How does one re-associate an old MR membership? I have about 100 nights of MR stays in an old account for an email I no longer have access to. This could almost totally fill my combined gap to 750 nights for LTPP although I will still be a few short it is much more doable.
Old May 10, 2018, 6:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K, MR LTT, HH Dia, Amex Plat
Originally Posted by wahoohfd
I called the help desk and they told me I have 5 years at Gold. (I don't keep enough records to know whether that is correct, but it didn't seem terribly off.) I didn't bother asking them if those years would count as Platinum years under the new plan because 50 is 50...
that's a very key question though. Not sure why MR can't cleanly answer this
Old May 11, 2018, 10:31 am

Programs: AA ExP, Marriott Amb, National EAE, Hilton Diamond, SPG Plat (RIP), US CP (RIP)
Originally Posted by wahoohfd
I called the help desk and they told me I have 5 years at Gold. (I don't keep enough records to know whether that is correct, but it didn't seem terribly off.) I didn't bother asking them if those years would count as Platinum years under the new plan because 50 is 50...
Originally Posted by cfischer
that's a very key question though. Not sure why MR can't cleanly answer this
They have answered it cleanly in the FAQ:

https://insiders.marriottrewards.com...status-updates

"How are years at tenure calculated for Legacy MR and RCR members?

We are keeping members “whole” in the applicable night tier in which they earned their Elite status.

Example: If a member has 4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status) they will be counted in August and beyond as 4 years at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status). Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing."
Old May 11, 2018, 1:14 pm

Programs: UA1k, Oneworld Sapphire, Hyatt Globalist, IHG DiamondAmb, Hilton Diamond, Marriott LTP,
Originally Posted by getagb

I just transferred some Chase UR points as a test and they did increase my lifetime count.

I transferred some Marriott points from my wifes account last week, the total number of Lifetime points has not updated.
Old May 11, 2018, 1:37 pm

I know this has been asked in multiple formats and versions previously, but I am still unclear. I am already achieved MR Lifetime Gold, so that qualifies me for LT Platinum in the new program. I have enough nights and points (on an apples to apples basis) in SPG that if combined would've put me over the 750 nights / 2MM points on the Marriott side. However as far as I understand that will not happen. I had essentially just given up hope on achieving MR LT Platinum this year because I am too far away nights and points.

HOWEVER

With this latest development, it sounds like I can combine my nights from both programs, and then years at Platinum status in both programs to potentially qualify for LT PP. Does this example make sense? I will be at 750+ nights and 9 years of Platinum. If I wanted to get the 10th year I could shift my stays to Marriott for the rest of the year and ensure that I hit 75 nights. That would put me at 8 years platinum at MR, 2 years at SPG, and a combined 800+ nights.

MARRIOTT REWARDS:
591 nights
7 years platinum

SPG
200 nights
2 years platinum (including this year earned in 2018)
Old May 11, 2018, 1:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by JCrew7384
I know this has been asked in multiple formats and versions previously, but I am still unclear. I am already achieved MR Lifetime Gold, so that qualifies me for LT Platinum in the new program. I have enough nights and points (on an apples to apples basis) in SPG that if combined would've put me over the 750 nights / 2MM points on the Marriott side. However as far as I understand that will not happen. I had essentially just given up hope on achieving MR LT Platinum this year because I am too far away nights and points.

HOWEVER

With this latest development, it sounds like I can combine my nights from both programs, and then years at Platinum status in both programs to potentially qualify for LT PP. Does this example make sense? I will be at 750+ nights and 9 years of Platinum. If I wanted to get the 10th year I could shift my stays to Marriott for the rest of the year and ensure that I hit 75 nights. That would put me at 8 years platinum at MR, 2 years at SPG, and a combined 800+ nights.

MARRIOTT REWARDS:
591 nights
7 years platinum

SPG
200 nights
2 years platinum (including this year earned in 2018)
Yes, that is what I am reading. The only question is is that what they meant and will implement.

Hang on tight, this merry-go-round is being kicked up a notch!
Old May 11, 2018, 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Yes, that is what I am reading. The only question is is that what they meant and will implement.

Hang on tight, this merry-go-round is being kicked up a notch!
I have a similar question:
Thus far, I have:
SPG:
6 years PLATINUM (will soon be 7 in a couple of more weeks)
571+ nights

MARRIOTT:
2 years PLATINUM
383 lifetime nights, 9 nights so far this year (with 66 more to go to earn PLT this year)

Since I will be achieving PLT in the next couple of weeks in SPG, my plan was to then switch to Marriott and earn the remaining 66 nights through 12/31/2018 thereby making the 3rd year as PLT in Marriott.

Will they then count the 7 years from SPG and 3 years from Marriott as PLT = 10 years hence giving me grandfathered Lifetime Platinum Premier in the new program?
Of course, this will only work if they let us earn into LT PP through the end of the year, and not only by Aug 1.
From this article, it sounds like we have until 12/31/2018, both the author's own example and the direct quote he quotes clearly mention 12/31/2018:
https://thepointsguy.com/guide/lifet...riott-program/

From what I saw comparing the levels, I only see 48 hour guarantee and 17.5 points/$ (vs 15pts/$ for PLT) as the additional benefit for LT PP vs LT Plat?

Last edited by kgdg; May 11, 2018 at 3:23 pm Reason: Added another question on LTPP benefits?
Old May 11, 2018, 3:24 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by kgdg
I have a similar question:
Thus far, I have:
SPG:
6 years PLATINUM (will soon be 7 in a couple of more weeks)
571+ nights

MARRIOTT:
2 years PLATINUM
383 lifetime nights, 9 nights so far this year (with 66 more to go to earn PLT this year)

Since I will be achieving PLT in the next couple of weeks in SPG, my plan was to then switch to Marriott and earn the remaining 66 nights through 12/31/2018 thereby making the 3rd year as PLT in Marriott.

Will they then count the 7 years from SPG and 3 years from Marriott as PLT = 10 years hence giving me grandfathered Lifetime Platinum Premier in the new program?

The verbiage is confusing, and you may be better off contacting Marriott individually for verification. So far as I read the new terms, the qualification terms are:
A) You qualify under existing terms for old MR status (250 + 1.2M points silver, 500 nights + 1.6M points Gold [new plat], 750 nights + 2.0M points Plat [new Plat Premier]).
B) You qualify under existing terms for old SPG status (250 nights + 5 years at gold for LTG, 500 nights + 10 years at plat for LTP) for equivalent ranks in new program.
C) You qualify under the new terms of combined activity at 750 nights + 10 years at Platinum for LTPP.

You are going for scenario C.

For the part of what qualifies for a year at Platinum:
Originally Posted by Marriott
HOW ARE YEARS AT TENURE CALCULATED FOR LEGACY MR AND RCR MEMBERS?
We are keeping members “whole” in the applicable night tier in which they earned their Elite status.

Example: If a member has 4 years of Elite status at the 50 night level (Gold Elite status) they will be counted in August and beyond as 4 years at the new 50 night level (Platinum Elite status). Only the names of the levels are changing. How we account for tenure is not changing.
So as far as I read that, you're considered "Platinum" for the year if you hit 50 nights within that year (legacy MR Gold terms) or 50 nights/25 stays (legacy SPG terms). Thus, your 6 years SPG + 2 years MR plat map cleanly to 8 years of plat.

Now from this response, any year in which you hit the same level in both programs will be counted as a year each. Which is to say, if you hit 25 stays/50 nights at SPG in a year, and hit 50 nights in MR, each counts as a separate year, even if both happened in the same year (e.g. 2018). Thus, if you can hit both thresholds in 2018, your combined status should be LTPP in the combined program.

Again though: I'd recommend contacting Marriott CS for a paper trail before you go on any adventure to make the rest of the status up and spend a lot of money in the process.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.