Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2018, 8:54 am

Programs: Lifetime UA 1K, Lifetime Hilton Diamond, Lifetime Marriott Bonvoy Titanium
I'm sure this is answered somewhere above but this forum has gotten so long it is hard to find.

If I get a Marriott Credit Card that gives me 75K points, do these points count as base points toward the 2M requirement for LTPP? Thanks.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Mar AMB, HH LT DIA
yes..
Old May 6, 2018, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by RogerD408
Check out https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29714831-post3035.html it looks like they moved the data to a new popup.
Thanks! Link in post gives info like the old one
Old May 6, 2018, 2:59 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Still showing 0 points in the mobile app though. Same for everyone else?
Old May 6, 2018, 4:47 pm

Programs: Delta - PM, HH - Gold, SPG - Gold, Marriott - Plat
Originally Posted by getagb
Still showing 0 points in the mobile app though. Same for everyone else?
That's what my wife's account shows. Nights are correct. Since she is lifetime platinum, I assume the points no longer make a difference.
Old May 6, 2018, 7:48 pm

Programs: UA 1K (2MM); AA LT Gold (1.9 MM); SQ; WN; DL; "Bonvoy Ambassador""
App for me shows 0 points; full website has correct points
Old May 6, 2018, 8:02 pm

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Marriott stays count towards SPG LT 500 nights?

Originally Posted by CJKatl
Actually this has been answered. There will be old counts and new counts. Even if you have merged your accounts for LT calculation purposes, your vintage MR or SPG count will keep going until the end of the year. Even if you have merged if you qualify with your old count under the old rules you will become LT under the old rules. Whether it will become an IT nightmare will be another story, but combining does not shut off your LT count which will continue until the end of the year.
My question is...

Will the nights I earn at Marriott hotels after August 1st count towards my SPG LT status? I'm 75 nights short from 500 and would love to throw some Marriott hotels in the mix of 75 nights after August 1st.

The Marriott website says...
  • Also starting in August, all your stays across all 29 brands (including the addition of our SPG brands, such as St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection® and W® hotels) will earn points and Elite nights with your single account.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by texasex95
My question is...

Will the nights I earn at Marriott hotels after August 1st count towards my SPG LT status? I'm 75 nights short from 500 and would love to throw some Marriott hotels in the mix of 75 nights after August 1st.

The Marriott website says...
  • Also starting in August, all your stays across all 29 brands (including the addition of our SPG brands, such as St. Regis®, The Luxury Collection® and W® hotels) will earn points and Elite nights with your single account.
No. Only SPG nights will count towards to SPG LT status. After you merge your accounts then all properties will count for MPG statuses.
Old May 6, 2018, 8:26 pm

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by texasex95
Will the nights I earn at Marriott hotels after August 1st count towards my SPG LT status?
Nights spent at a Marriott will only count towards either (1) old Marriott lifetime criteria or (2) new combined SPG+Marriott criteria. For example if you're trying to make SPG Lifetime Gold, you will either need (1) 5 years of SPG Gold and 250 eligible SPG nights by 12/31/2018 (old SPG program), or (2) starting 1/1/2019, 400 Lifetime Marriott or SPG Nights + 7 Years Gold (new combined program).

Yes, the Marriott nights will count under the new program - but the requirements are much higher. So if you're currently close to SPG lifetime status and think you might hit it by end of year, don't stay at any Marriotts until you do
Old May 7, 2018, 6:40 am

Programs: UA 1K, SA Gold, Marriott Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Plat, AA Exec Plat
Nights

So I just got this email from a Marriott manager about meetings:
“You will receive 10 nights for the event booking of two days, not per meeting.”

is this correct??

Old May 7, 2018, 7:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA LTG (EXP), Hilton Silver (Dia), Marriott LTP (PP), SPG LTG (P) > MPG LTPP
Originally Posted by tennisboy
So I just got this email from a Marriott manager about meetings:
“You will receive 10 nights for the event booking of two days, not per meeting.”

is this correct??
No, it's not what has been done. Maybe they have a different/new play book? There are two programs, one for booking 10+ guest rooms or booking a meeting room. Many times they only know about the 10-room program. Fortunately the property doesn't pony up the 10 nights but MR does once they use the Group Posting Tool. If they don't know what that is, keep looking.
Old May 7, 2018, 8:12 am

Programs: AA Plat Pro, United Silver, Marriott LTT, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by californiadreamin'
RE: Purchased points:
Is it confirmed that PURCHASED POINTS count towards LIFETIME? I'm not sble to find the info on their website
As of Tuesday, May 2, purchased points increased the LT points. I *accidentally* purchased points in my husband's accounts (started a thread about Marriott's error that day) and they increase his total. A few days later, they reversed the purchase and his LT total dropped.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
App shows correct LT nights but LT points = 0.

If I Google "Marriott" and link to/log in to marriot.com/default, and navigate to Overview, Details, I get LT nights but not even a placeholder for LT points

If I Google "Marriott Rewards" and link to/log in to marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi , and click on the Nights hyperlink, I get a popup with LT nights and points. Clicking on Points takes me to "Welcome Back", makes me enter my password again, and then shows my latest activity, for some reason.

Not a very intuitive UX.
Old May 7, 2018, 10:06 am

Programs: United 1K MM; Starwood Platinum; Hyatt Diamond; Hilton Diamond; Alaska 75K
Originally Posted by getagb
Nights spent at a Marriott will only count towards either (1) old Marriott lifetime criteria or (2) new combined SPG+Marriott criteria. For example if you're trying to make SPG Lifetime Gold, you will either need (1) 5 years of SPG Gold and 250 eligible SPG nights by 12/31/2018 (old SPG program), or (2) starting 1/1/2019, 400 Lifetime Marriott or SPG Nights + 7 Years Gold (new combined program).

Yes, the Marriott nights will count under the new program - but the requirements are much higher. So if you're currently close to SPG lifetime status and think you might hit it by end of year, don't stay at any Marriotts until you do

Good to know. Thank you!!!
Old May 7, 2018, 11:11 am

Programs: DL DM, Marriott/Starwood Plat
I know transfers between SPG and MR don't count for lifetime, but I am wondering if points currently in SPG account will count for MR lifetime by 12/31 when the accounts are combined in august?

What about lifetime nights at SPG impacting MR lifetime status for 12/31 qualification for lifetime gold under the old program?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.