Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old May 2, 2018, 6:57 pm

Programs: Bonvoy LTTE/AMB, AmEx Plat, National EE, WN A-List, CLEAR+, Covid-19
Originally Posted by getagb
Is there a list of Category 1 hotels?
https://www.marriott.com/rewards/pointsGridPopUp.mi

You can use this to find hotels in any category. Select "View Hotels in ..." at the top.
Old May 3, 2018, 3:32 am
yrs

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, WN CP
Lifetime status and points not showing today

My MR visa anniversary is in two days. I received an email yesterday about the free night certificate. I logged in this morning to check my lifetime totals.

What I found was that my Lifetime Status does not show anymore, nor do my lifetime points.
What do you suppose is happening?
Old May 3, 2018, 4:09 am

Programs: DL Gold, UA nothing (ex-GS), Marriott lifetime Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My lifetime points dropped to zero today. I’m sure it’s just a display error but perhaps worth calling.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:06 am

My lifetime points dropped to zero today. I’m sure it’s just a display error but perhaps worth calling.
Mine too. They have been displayed incorrectly for the last few months. MR hotline was able to provide the correct balance. So maybe just (another) tech issue.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:13 am

I am 160 nights and ~300k points away from Marriott Lifetime Platinum under the old rules. I already have LT Gold, so that qualifies me for LT Platinum in the new program.. That gap is too difficult to close by December even if combining a ton of Rewarding Events. On the SPG side I have 300 LT nights and 300k LT points. Given that they aren't going to combine nights and points for qualification purposes under the old program, that gives me absolutely 0 incentive to stay at Marriott the rest of the year. I have nothing additional to earn this year (already have 100+ SPG nights for Ambassador under old program)... It's a shame.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:20 am

Programs: Marriott LTT, WN A, Hertz PC
My nights are accurate but points dropped to 0.
Old May 3, 2018, 7:22 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Lifetime points/nights/status has been displaying in a flaky fashion as of late.

As much as I would love to have absolute confidence in Marriott, I'm not going to wait for August 1st and assume everything will go smoothly. I will be saving my Lifetime Plat qualification and plastic membership card, and I'm going to ask Marriott to confirm my lifetime nights/points totals in writing so I have documentation if August 1st comes and all of the sudden my status isn't what it's supposed to be.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:00 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
I need ~40 elite nights to qualify for LT platinum.

Considering Marriott CC spend or meetings, but also considering booking 40 nights at a category 1 hotel somewhere probably using points. Is there a list of Category 1 hotels? Any of em near an airport?
If I was in your place, I'd book 4 meetings (for 10 nights each) under rewarding events.
Old May 3, 2018, 9:05 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by stc
If I was in your place, I'd book 4 meetings (for 10 nights each) under rewarding events.
Agreed, especially since you can likely get the meetings for ~$100. 40 nights even at cat 1 would be a crazy amount of stay activity to endure, and would take 32 * 5,000 points each = 160K points (assumes 32 4 night periods + 8 of the fifth night being free on points). 160K points is enough to book a current cat 8 for 5 nights (40K/night * 4 nights = 160K, fifth night free on points).
Old May 3, 2018, 10:04 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Gold 1MM, AS MVP, UA Silver, WN A-List, Marriott LT Titanium, HH Diamond
For those of you who have booked meetings: what does $100 get you? Small conference room for 8-10 people for a few hours?

We occasionally do an offsite meeting of about that size. So far I've mostly just phoned up bars/restaurants that I know are slow in the afternoon and gotten them to reserve a back room for us. We eat lunch, have a couple drinks after the meeting...no real cost for the room itself. But I'd probably pay the $100 out of my own pocket if it yielded a suitable room for our meetings and the catering expense for some sandwiches and coffee/soda wasn't too out of whack.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:13 am

My lifetime points are not even showing 0. No placeholder for points, just the nights. Recent emails show Lifetime Gold, as well as my card. I will hold onto both until I am safely moved to Lifetime Platinum.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:20 am
stc

Programs: DL 2MM Gold, AA Plat Pro; Hilton Lifetime Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium (via SPG), IHG Plat
Originally Posted by pinniped
For those of you who have booked meetings: what does $100 get you? Small conference room for 8-10 people for a few hours?

We occasionally do an offsite meeting of about that size. So far I've mostly just phoned up bars/restaurants that I know are slow in the afternoon and gotten them to reserve a back room for us. We eat lunch, have a couple drinks after the meeting...no real cost for the room itself. But I'd probably pay the $100 out of my own pocket if it yielded a suitable room for our meetings and the catering expense for some sandwiches and coffee/soda wasn't too out of whack.
You might do $100 for 8 to 10 people. I've generally asked for 2 people. Certainly I've seen hotels that will do $200 for 4 hours for 40 people. So, I think $100 for 8-10 is possible.
Old May 3, 2018, 10:26 am

Programs: Marriott Platinum (lifetime Gold), Southwest
lifetime status under the new program

I understand that lifetime status under the new program is a combination of lifetime nights and number of years at a particular elite level. How do I know how many years I have had at each elite level? Is it on the website somewhere? Also, how will the years translate -- if I had five years at the old gold level, will that count toward the 10 years I need for lifetime platinum (because old gold is new platinum)? Thanks in advance.

-wahoohfd
Old May 3, 2018, 11:40 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Yes, MR Gold years should count towards the new MR Platinum Elite lifetime level. You would have to call MR to inquire how many years you have as Gold Elite.

Last edited by PHL; May 3, 2018 at 11:46 am
Old May 3, 2018, 11:44 am

Programs: DL DM/MM , IHG Plat, MR Titanium, HH Gold, EK Frequent Kettle, UA Silver, AA Hater
SPG was able to tell me in 5 minutes. MR could not tell me anything before 2015. Two e-mails yielded answers that were not remotely related to my question.

I think MR Gold years should count but I doubt it. (I need them as I only have 5 years SPG Plat and 1-2 years MR Plat, I know I have many as Gold)

I mean 50 is 50......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.