Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Marriott | Marriott Bonvoy
Reload this Page >

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 11, 2014, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: FindAWay
Lifetime points are missing from the profile section of the website and show as 0 in the Marriott mobile app. However, you may be able to use the work-around referenced in this blog post to see your current Lifetime Points.

You can still view your lifetime points online with the following steps:
  1. Go to www.marriott.com and login
  2. Go to https://www.marriott.com/rewards/rewards-program.mi
  3. Click "Nights"
See screenshot of what to click.

If you call Marriott they can also tell you your lifetime points balance.

http://www.marriott.com/marriott/rew...te-benefits.mi As of 20 May, this process does not work. There is no link called "Night Detail" on this page.

To check lifetime balances: (HT to txpenny)
1. Click "Night Detail".
2. Click "Learn More" (under the night total)
3. Click "Marriott Rewards Overview". At this point you're probably no longer logged in (because you've been thrown to an older version of the Marriott website), so log in again.
4. Click "Nights" under your current year's nights. -> The detail you're expecting showing LT nights and points will show up like before.

Lifetime Silver Elite:
250 qualified nights
1.2 million points

Lifetime Gold Elite
500 qualified nights
1.6 million points

Lifetime Platinum Elite
750 qualified nights
2.0 million points

To check your point and night balance, log into your account and click My Account > Account Overview > Nights.

"Elite Lifetime Status is determined by your total qualified nights stayed and points earned throughout the course of your membership – including your paid nights, Elite rollover nights, meeting nights and the nights and points earned on your Marriott Rewards Credit Card."

Points used by members to buyback their previously attained Elite level will be permanently deducted from their Lifetime point balance.

If an elite's point level drops below that required for the level attained, they will drop down to the next Lifetime level until points are accumulated to get them back to the next level.

Lifetime points in addition to nights now display on your Marriott Rewards account. When logged in, click on "Nights" (the blue link below the number representing your current year nights). You'll see the detail of what comprises your current year nights as well as your Lifetime Status nights.
Print Wikipost

Lifetime Marriott Rewards elite status (Pre-Merge 2018 and earlier)

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2018, 9:51 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Congratulations in advance and enjoy whatever celebration you choose. Just be sure to hide from all the mean SPG LTPs who are annoyed, to put it mildly, that the new combined program isn't promising them LTPP too. [It's tempting, but potentially dangerous, to rub it in.....]
txpenny likes this.
Old Apr 26, 2018, 10:35 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, UA Gold, Marriott LTT, Avis President's Club
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
This is over 20 years in the making (I got into consulting in 1997). Seems like I've been stuck at Lifetime Gold FOREVER due to the points requirement. I also have around 400 SPG nights from back in the day, but who cares about that.
Congrats! I got my lifetime Platinum (soon to be PP) consulting as well. Signed up for an account in July 2012 and got lifetime in July 2016. I have moved on from consulting so I won't see those new suite night certificates.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:49 am

Programs: UA: Plat, Marriott: Annual Ambassador, Lifetime Grandfather
Originally Posted by JBord
To clarify, the part you think is not accurate is that my prior 9 years of >50 nights each will not count at the Platinum level in the new program...So you're assuming they'll use the "metal" designation vs. the number of nights as the historical count?
That's how I was reading it, yes. Because you stated that you lack the points for any LT status under Marriott's current program, you would qualify under the new program as LT Gold by virtue of 7+ years of Gold status and 400+ nights.

-mvitale
Old Apr 27, 2018, 6:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA Silver (Thanks Marriott!), Marriott Lifetime Titanium & Hyatt Globalist
Always glad to see fellow consultants. Although, I only started last year. I made LTP 5 years ago after traveling 80-100 nights per year since 1999.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 7:44 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Platinum/LT Platinum, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by mvitale
That's how I was reading it, yes. Because you stated that you lack the points for any LT status under Marriott's current program, you would qualify under the new program as LT Gold by virtue of 7+ years of Gold status and 400+ nights.

-mvitale
So, if it's based on elite level and not nights stayed...

...if I were Platinum, with 50 nights per year, for 9 years with Starwood, I would only need 1 more year for LT Platinum in the program, but since I was in the Marriott program, I need to start over?

I know that's a rhetorical question until Marriott provides some clarification, but I've read it the way you have as well, and that's what confuses and concerns me. I'm not suggesting SPG'ers should get Gold, I'm suggesting we should all get credit for Platinum years, as that would be consistent with the new direction. In all honesty, I don't think I have 10 years of business travel left in me, so that would cause me to cut all ties with Marriott, as LT Gold (old program) was the reason I have the credit card and have stayed fiercely loyal. I can't make up the points I need this year, so there's no chance of getting it at conversion. Just doesn't seem well thought-out, IF it's based on status level and not nights.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: MB-LTT , HH-Diam., HGP-Expl.
Originally Posted by JBord
So, if it's based on elite level and not nights stayed...

...if I were Platinum, with 50 nights per year, for 9 years with Starwood, I would only need 1 more year for LT Platinum in the program, but since I was in the Marriott program, I need to start over?

I know that's a rhetorical question until Marriott provides some clarification, but I've read it the way you have as well, and that's what confuses and concerns me. I'm not suggesting SPG'ers should get Gold, I'm suggesting we should all get credit for Platinum years, as that would be consistent with the new direction. In all honesty, I don't think I have 10 years of business travel left in me, so that would cause me to cut all ties with Marriott, as LT Gold (old program) was the reason I have the credit card and have stayed fiercely loyal. I can't make up the points I need this year, so there's no chance of getting it at conversion. Just doesn't seem well thought-out, IF it's based on status level and not nights.
I wouldn't worry about it for now. Someone with an Amex Platinum or Centurion card or someone who spent $30K on a SPG card received SPG Gold, so counting years as a MR Platinum the same isn't reasonable. Of all the aspects of the conversion, this one is the one that makes the least sense and the one most likely to get adjusted.
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:29 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTPP, Hertz Five Star
Another consultant throwing his hat in the ring.

Signed up at the end of 2012, did 100+ nights butt in bed 2013-2015. They stuck me on a lot more remote work in 2016-2017 to the point where my travel was ~1 week a month (only three nights) and I was coasting on rollover for plat. Fell short 7 nights of renewing lifetime plat but was sitting less than 15 nights from LTP at the end of 2017 (some stays under SPG match that didn't count for MR renewal didn't help) and Marriott graced me Plat at the start of 2018, then I coasted past 750 nights (was already past 2M points, barely - some good MegaBonus' in those years helped substantially on that front) on the 15 annual Marriott Credit card nights to MR Lifetime Plat before these program changes were announced a month later.

Won't get the SNAs, but will retain MR PP for my more intermittent business travel and personal trips, and comped United Silver status through RewardsPlus...
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:31 am

Programs: DL DM 4.7 MM MQM Marriott Ambassador Lifetime Titanium AA CK
Originally Posted by OldSchoolConsultant
This is over 20 years in the making (I got into consulting in 1997). Seems like I've been stuck at Lifetime Gold FOREVER due to the points requirement. I also have around 400 SPG nights from back in the day, but who cares about that.
Then the scotch you be older than your consulting. Get a 25 year Macallan. LOL. Anyway congratulations.
txpenny likes this.

Last edited by hnewman; Apr 27, 2018 at 9:18 am
Old Apr 27, 2018, 4:19 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 2P, MR Plat
Originally Posted by lovethoselegs
I am not presently seeing UR points credit to lifetime, or perhaps its taking a while. I have seen my points credit in a day or two, but lifetime doesn't get an uptick.

Is anyone else seeing UR point transfers credit to lifetime points.
I did the same thing recently (Chase Ultimate Rewards - 2k points transferred on 4/17 as a test) but no uptick on my LT counter. But, also having problems even getting activity on MR Visa to hit the LT counter - so it may be my account vs. a UR issue, but thought I'd post the datapoint
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA plt 2 mm, Marriott LTT, HH dia
Originally Posted by lovethoselegs
I am not presently seeing UR points credit to lifetime, or perhaps its taking a while. I have seen my points credit in a day or two, but lifetime doesn't get an uptick.

Is anyone else seeing UR point transfers credit to lifetime points.
Originally Posted by bluester
I did the same thing recently (Chase Ultimate Rewards - 2k points transferred on 4/17 as a test) but no uptick on my LT counter. But, also having problems even getting activity on MR Visa to hit the LT counter - so it may be my account vs. a UR issue, but thought I'd post the datapoint
Could you keep us updated on how this turns out? Converting UR points is my backup plan, so I am interested in the results. Good luck!
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:31 pm

Programs: Delta Platinum & 2MM, Marriott Lifetime TIT, Hertz Pres Club, IHG Gold, *A Gold
Originally Posted by phltraveler
Fell short 7 nights of renewing lifetime plat...
How do you renew lifetime status? I thought that "lifetime" means you don't need to renew (until your next life).
Old Apr 27, 2018, 8:36 pm
ymx

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, AA EXP, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist
Currently LTG. I have over 2M LT points and will end the year at about 640 LT nights.

I reaize i will have LTP in the new program but wondering if it would be worth doing some events and extra nights to get me to 750 LT nights by 12/31 which would grandfather me into the new LTPP.

If LTPP doesn’t award SNAs, then is the only benefit above LTP the United Silver and extra 25% earning? If so not sure it is worth the effort.

Thoughts?
Old Apr 27, 2018, 9:26 pm

Programs: oneworld, * Alliance, Marriott Bonvoy, HHonors, WoH
Originally Posted by ymx
Currently LTG. I have over 2M LT points and will end the year at about 640 LT nights.

I reaize i will have LTP in the new program but wondering if it would be worth doing some events and extra nights to get me to 750 LT nights by 12/31 which would grandfather me into the new LTPP.

If LTPP doesn’t award SNAs, then is the only benefit above LTP the United Silver and extra 25% earning? If so not sure it is worth the effort.

Thoughts?
It is always better to have the highest possible status. If you can do 11 meetings with good price then I would recommend to do that. It is currently 25% more than Platinum,never know what the future brings but even without SNAs you will be with higher upgrade possibilities in all hotels. United Silver must be renewed by flying after first year as I understood.
Old Apr 28, 2018, 5:23 am

Programs: AF Platinum/AY LUMO/SK EBG/baEC S/HYATT Globalist/MR LTP/A3 *G/HH Dia/IHG plat
Originally Posted by Jaenks
It is always better to have the highest possible status. If you can do 11 meetings with good price then I would recommend to do that. It is currently 25% more than Platinum,never know what the future brings but even without SNAs you will be with higher upgrade possibilities in all hotels. United Silver must be renewed by flying after first year as I understood.

United silver does NOT need to be renewed by flying as of now atleast. I have been UA silver thanks to Platinum status for quite sometime now but have only stepped inside UA planes 2 times
Old Apr 28, 2018, 6:48 am

Programs: AA:LT Platinum DL:LT Gold UA:1P MAR:LT Titanium
Originally Posted by ymx

Thoughts?
The meetings wiuld cost ya ~$600 and while LTPP doesn't get SNAs inherently, it does allow you to get 5 per year at 50 nights, which can be achieved by holding the CC, plus your stays where you'll use the SNAs, plus maybe another meeting or two to reach 50 for the next year (assuming meeting offer remains intact past Aug).

Being at LTPP vs LTP gives you a better shot at upgrades clearing, plus the point bonus, as you mentioned.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.